Pickup Truck Caps & Bed Liners

3/26/13 @ 9:32 PM
ORIGINAL POST
5walleyes
5walleyes
USER since 3/12/10
Just purchased my 1st new pickup truck. What bed liner & cap do you all think are the best and why? Thanks!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 35 Posts
5/8/15 @ 4:37 PM
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
USER since 2/15/10
rhino liner has a warranty for their work as long you own the truck they will fix it ive had it on my truck since i bought the truck brand new in 02 and still like new a little faded is all. with that on there. there is no need for a cap.

Post Your Comment
5/8/15 @ 4:35 PM
DLAMA2
DLAMA2
USER since 5/1/05
On the 2014 silverado I have a Century topper with the key fob lock. Works with the key remote, no crusty salted locks that do not work after the winter. I also got the carpet liner on the topper which keeps it cooler in the summer by a ton.

I went with the bedrug this time, expensive but worth every penny in my book. If I am hauling junk or dirty stuff I use my trailer.

Post Your Comment
5/8/15 @ 3:15 PM
alterego
alterego
USER since 4/10/03
I've done 4 or 5 Herculiner installs. Most on trucks I've owned, a couple on friends/family. For the price, I think they work/hold up great. You just have to have the patience and time to do a good job. I did do one install on a new truck, which felt kinda weird scuffing the paint. But, it turned out great.

For toppers, I have a Lakeland fiberglass. I agree with the other post... the locks don't hold up to salt/moisture. Other than that, they're pretty solid.

Post Your Comment
5/6/15 @ 11:10 PM
Viszla-Terrier
Viszla-Terrier
USER since 12/27/10
2001 CHEVY Silverado. I have had a Line-x since right after I purchased it. I have hauled A LOT of firewood and other pieces, with only one spot issue. I have never take in for the guarantee because its just not worth it. Anyway, I have an ARE cap that looks good and the only complaint is the window seal leaks dirt on the inside of the glass. I had a friend, God rest his soul, who had an issue with his cap and thy replaced it many years later, outright. good luck

Post Your Comment
5/6/15 @ 4:23 PM
Brian Hammarsten
Hammar
USER since 4/5/10
I like the simple rubber mat as well. Fraction of the cost of a spray in liner and works great. However, with my next truck I am going to get one of those bed slides/cargo glides. I am sick of crawling in there to get something out from the front of the bed. As far as toppers go I hear nothing but good things are the ARE and Ranch Toppers.

Roach's Guide Service
(763) 226-6656
Post Your Comment
5/21/14 @ 7:58 AM
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
USER since 2/15/10
rhino liner put on in 02 when i bought brand new not even a cut or scratch in it in 12 years. no need for a cap but i haul a lot of things in my long box pickup.

Post Your Comment
5/19/14 @ 7:22 PM
muskrat30
muskrat30
USER since 10/14/01
I get my A.R.E. cap tomorrow. While there I will get the bedliner sprayed too. I already have a rubber mat for the truck bed, it will go over the sprayed bed.

Post Your Comment
5/19/14 @ 9:50 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01
I have had a Pace Edwards All Metal Jackrabbit roll cover since 2004 with no problems. I have installed and removed it a large number of times so I can tote my truck camper. I also had Rhino Liner sprayed in at purchase. No complaints with either.

Post Your Comment
5/19/14 @ 9:20 AM
SJB
SJB
USER since 7/16/01
Bought an ARE cap from Toys for trucks. Cap has been great, except one of my 5 locks (have windoors) froze up. T4T took care of it with zero questions - great to deal with!

Post Your Comment
5/14/14 @ 10:52 PM
Tim_T
Tim_T
USER since 6/17/11
My last experience with a Lakeland cap was mixed. The topper was great. Paint matched perfectly, bone dry, well built BUT they apparently use aluminum tumblers in the locks so you've gotta keep them lubed or you're hosed in the winter if you wanna lock things up.

Somewhere along the line, they quit using brass tumblers in their locks and they don't back them up.

Tim

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 35 Posts