NFL Topics

8/9/06 @ 5:00 PM
ORIGINAL POST
rpole
rpole
USER since 6/18/01
that don't involve the Packers? well, no vikings, beers, lions or colts talk either since there are threads for those teams also. as far as Leinart holding out, or any other rookie for that matter, I totally disagree. what a bunch of bunk, these guys have never even stepped foot on a professional field and they are suddenly in position to dictate what they are worth? It'd be one thing if he was offered a 500,000 contract, that obviously isn't the case. get in there, shut up, SHOW SOMETHING, and then talk about money AFTER you've earned it. oh, and I'm mildly amused by seeing TO riding the exercise bike instead of practicing! haha
Edited on 8/9/06 5:03 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 4,615 Posts
TODAY @ 10:15 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

if Barkley was commenting on the officiating last night, he's say it was turrable...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES8TTNLmmPs

Edited on 12/14/18 10:24 AM
Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 9:20 AM
kona77
kona77
USER since 6/20/13

Agree that Mahomes is special and he is going to be a top rated QB for years to come. He reminds me of a cross between Favre and Rodgers and the throws he makes are just unbelievable. Still have to be reminded that this is his first full year starting. The sky is the limit for him. Chiefs need to shore up their secondary the next two years while he is still on his rookie contract. Can't imagine what Mahomes will be worth in 2-3 years ($40m+ per year or more)..

Have always been a fan of Andy Reid and I assume he will get his Super Bowl win the next few years. 

Heard a conversation on Sports radio yesterday about the top-6 paid Q/B's and their teams performance.. Only one team (Vikings) is currently in line for a playoff berth and they may end up failing.. The QB's are Rodgers, Ryan, Stafford, Garoppolo, Cousins and Carr. I know some of this is just a timing issue with when contracts are signed but it does show the challenges of managing the salary cap and depth of a team when the Q/B is making this kind of money.  Brady has always given the Pats a home-town discount and other teams are still making it work with their highly paid QB's ( Saints, Seahawks etc)..  

Post Your Comment
12/13/18 @ 7:39 PM
IceManKimi
IceManKimi
USER since 7/20/07

****************NEWS FLASH***************************

In case you've never heard of Patrick Mahomes, he's quite good.   ;-)

What a game tonight, but the NFL officials continue to suck pond weed.

Edited on 12/13/18 10:27 PM
Post Your Comment
12/11/18 @ 9:56 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

Can any of the great defenses catch up to the good offenses this year? It will be interesting to see how it all pans out. La Rams and New Orleans playing not quite as good the last few weeks.

Hard to believe the Bears and Seattle are legitimate NFC contenders. Who would have thought the Bears would be ahead of the Packers and the Vikings by a comfortable margin at this time of year. 

Still can't believe how bad Atlanta, Philly, GB, and Minnesota are compared to expectations. 

Post Your Comment
12/11/18 @ 10:06 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

totally agree... the nfl tries to manipulate the game thru asinine rules, some that would fit right into figure skating judging... just to try to get better ratings... I think they'd be surprised if they backed down the rules about 10-20 years, that their viewership wouldn't suffer, and a better football game would emerge, imo

Post Your Comment
12/11/18 @ 10:00 AM
Prop
Prop
USER since 4/9/03

I was always on the NFL for being tight and not making NFL officials full time. To have officials that only worked and studied the game vs having officials that worked a normal job Monday thru Friday then Refereed when they were called upon. April of last year they hired 24 full time officials. Would love to know how those 24 are doing compared to the ones who aren't considered full time?? This year though with the roughing the passer and some of the catch ruling's I can't put all the blame on the officials. That blame goes to the higher ups.   

Post Your Comment
12/11/18 @ 8:38 AM
kona77
kona77
USER since 6/20/13

That was an ugly game last night but props to Seattle and John Schneider for rebuilding that team. They are playing some very good defense and running the ball ( I hate Pete Carroll so I will not give him credit).. I did figure out why Seattle went after Hundley. Now Pete has someone who can give him gum if he runs out!!!.

I thought the Vikings were going to be a serious S/B contender this year but the Cousins pick up as not really panned out. They have alot of offensive weapons around Cousins but their OL is really weak. Still supports the old saying that you win up front. Assume their offensive struggles will make some teams (Packers) wonder about going after their O/C..

Post Your Comment
12/11/18 @ 8:30 AM
GRANDAD
GRANDAD
USER since 6/1/09

Anyone wondering what is going on with NFL officials? They seem to be lost in space more than ever this year! More missed calls,questionable calls,and just plain What the heck were you looking at.I used to love watching the games,but getting harder and harder to sit thru this circus! Same for the celebrations,football is a MANS game, not a tiny tot look at me show.

Post Your Comment
12/11/18 @ 8:25 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

seattle fans trying to match oakland fans, I guess.... to me, the seattle team looked like they were wearing their kids 'jammies , but different strokes for different folks I guess, and that's OK by me... I think they blinded the vikings team, hahaha

...looks like the bucks had their own color blast thingy going too !

Edited on 12/11/18 8:27 AM
Post Your Comment
12/11/18 @ 7:20 AM
Prop
Prop
USER since 4/9/03

I like their jerseys. The pants are a bit much though. 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 4,615 Posts