SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

NFL Topics

8/9/06 @ 6:00 PM
rpole
rpole
User since 6/18/01
that don't involve the Packers? well, no vikings, beers, lions or colts talk either since there are threads for those teams also. as far as Leinart holding out, or any other rookie for that matter, I totally disagree. what a bunch of bunk, these guys have never even stepped foot on a professional field and they are suddenly in position to dictate what they are worth? It'd be one thing if he was offered a 500,000 contract, that obviously isn't the case. get in there, shut up, SHOW SOMETHING, and then talk about money AFTER you've earned it. oh, and I'm mildly amused by seeing TO riding the exercise bike instead of practicing! haha
Displaying 1 to 15 of 7,727 posts
4/3/24 @ 6:19 AM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
Pretty slick for 25lbs! 
4/3/24 @ 12:14 AM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20
3/27/24 @ 9:24 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Yeah, Harrison Junior looks pretty good. Even though fields is no good for starting quarterback in the NFL. I thought the Bears would sure keep him and make sure they get Harrison. I think he’ll be a game changer like a Jamar, Chase, or Jefferson from the Vikings
3/27/24 @ 6:18 PM
Wacky Rig
User since 3/11/17
Chaw, I avoid rankings due to insufficient info.  I would put more weight into the player’s character, smarts, and work ethic if I were a GM.  I also don’t watch much NCAAF.  As a numbers guy, I question how fine a line there is between multiple players with a rating of 98 or 6.9 depending on whatever scale scouts use.

I will say Harrison Jr. is hard to pass up because of his Dad’s work ethic.  Have to think that rubbed off to make him pro ready.

I also view McCarthy as a guy who finds a way to win.  He may not have the athletic testing scores to match others but his substance may be better than their form.  But, maybe Harbaugh and his teammates deserve more of the credit to make him a winner.  Just based on my impressions of him, I have always thought McCarthy was being overlooked since he announced he was entering the draft.

I hope to be around long enough to watch how this QB class develops.

3/27/24 @ 5:28 PM
chaw
chaw
PRO MEMBER User since 9/11/02
Wacky-  How would rank the upcoming quarterback draft class? 

I don’t dislike JJ McCarthy. I’m always skeptical of guys who shoot up the draft board because of the combine or pro day. Justin Wilson and Trey Lance of the most recent examples. 

JJ is coming from a great program and it is all a crapshoot. 

Z- Good info on Penix. If he can avoid injury I sure like his arm, 

Based on who I believe will be the best Pro Quarterback:

Michael Penix
Drake May
JJ McCarthy
Caleb Williams 
Jayden Daniels
3/27/24 @ 4:57 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
The right system also matters a lot! How many guys that could’ve been good never got an opportunity because something happened because of possibly the system they were in. If Brady would’ve went somewhere else, he might not have been Brady you know  what I mean?
3/27/24 @ 3:13 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06
I know Penix had 2 torn ACL’s and a couple of shoulder injuries while he was at Indiana. He was injury free in his 2 years at Washington, but the injury history could be why his stock is only a second round. 
I always liked watching him at Washington. He definitely showed he has all the skills to play in the NFL.
3/27/24 @ 3:02 PM
Wacky Rig
User since 3/11/17
Chaw, how many QB’s were drafted before Tom Brady?  In my view, player success depends more upon the individual’s work ethic, accountability, and what is between his ears more so than the physical attributes we fans observe.  As has been mentioned in the past, the team around that player and coaching is very important.  No GM’s bat 1.000 come draft day.
3/27/24 @ 2:45 PM
chaw
chaw
PRO MEMBER User since 9/11/02
I’m shocked I’m saying this but it’s pretty clear JJ McCarthy will be the 2nd quarterback taken in the draft ahead of J Daniels and D May. A month ago McCarthy was 50-1 to be the 2nd quarterback taken. Last week his odds dropped to 10-1. This morning the odds are down to 3-1. 

JJ McCarthy is going very high in this draft. 

To tell you what a non scout I am.. The best looking pro quarterback in college from last year to me was Michael Pennix. He has a strong arm and is accurate. He is now projected to be a 2nd round pick.

I would choose Pennix over McCarthy. Certainly would choose Daniels or May over McCarthy. 

It will be interesting to see how this quarterback draft does in the NFL. 
3/27/24 @ 2:34 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17
lol.   Most of us are in the same boat.    Interesting though, we‘ll have a lot to “ discuss “ in the upcoming season.   
3/27/24 @ 2:26 PM
Wacky Rig
User since 3/11/17
Everyone can Google the new NFL kickoff rules.  Perhaps only a select few will understand them!

I may be wrong but I believe I read that the kicking team needs to declare if they are doing an onside kick.  The teams will then lineup the old way.  So, no more “surprise” onside kicks.

An unintentional flubbed kick will be treated like a kick out of bounds.  The ball gets placed on the receiving team‘s 40 yard line.  Again, unless I am wrong about that.  I don’t plan to investigate it further.  I look forward to being as confused as the commentators and referees.
3/27/24 @ 2:22 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02
Dead ball and the opposing team would get the ball at their 40 yard line.

A team can still onside kick in the 4th quarter, but it must be announced prior to the attempt so teams can line up appropriately.
3/27/24 @ 2:01 PM
topam
topam
User since 1/22/05
It is as clear as mud Carp -- I havent seen all the scenarios 

I also think that eliminates the onside kicks?????
3/27/24 @ 12:40 PM
Carpio
Carpio
NEW KICKOFF RULES:      What happens if the kicker flubs the kickoff at the 35 yd line and only travels 20 yards or so and stops?  Or doesn’t reach as far as the defensive line.     A penalty?      
3/27/24 @ 8:46 AM
Carpio
Carpio
Looking more to me like soccer 
Displaying 1 to 15 of 7,727 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE