Need your Best Wishes and Prayers

9/12/07 @ 10:58 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Longfellow
Longfellow
USER since 6/15/01
Thought I would start this topic for anyone who has a tough situation involving themselves or a loved one. The power of a positive group like Lake-Link can help a lot. You don't neccessarily have to respond, but please think some positive thoughts or say some prayers for the people involved. Please put them in your thoughts and prayers. ...........LF
Edited on 1/15/09 9:59 AM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 2,431 Posts
8/24/18 @ 2:59 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

I agree.. No argument..

Post Your Comment
8/24/18 @ 2:57 PM
phishin phool
phishin phool
USER since 4/5/08

Dave (Golden), I could not have said it any better then, you did!!! Not to mention, you said it first....Hell of a man, imho...

John McCain, not you, Dave...

Edited on 8/24/18 2:58 PM
Post Your Comment
8/24/18 @ 10:30 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

John McCain no longer seeking medical care for Brain Cancer.. I would think that regardless where you sit politically one would have to agree he sacrificed a great deal for this County..

Post Your Comment
8/23/18 @ 9:59 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

Was out in Aurora at the Hospital today.. hate the drive and the traffic is horrible. I was sitting at a red light and a SUV coming from the right was trying to beat the yellow and make a left turn.. unfortunately a young woman was running across the street trying to beat the light as well from the Left. The SUV slammed on his breaks but he hit the woman and ran his left front over her torso. Felt helpless.. got out, the woman was screaming in pain. I just held her hand, she was still under the SUV. Hopefully she makes it, it was right near the hospital and several nurses and a doctor stopped, so I just got out of the way, gave a statement to the police and headed home. Horrible thing to witness, she was terrified.

Edited on 8/23/18 10:00 PM
Post Your Comment
8/13/18 @ 6:49 AM
Pool8
Pool8
USER since 1/27/17

Glad to hear your father is doing so well I recall the story , he's one tough man.      That is an awful shame about your friend 42 is much to young ,you have my condolences. 

Post Your Comment
8/12/18 @ 4:12 PM
CrystalLakeMonster
CrystalLakeMonster
USER since 11/22/10

I posted a couple months ago that my dad was nearly crushed to death by the sprayer on the farm.  Since then he has healded very well and even made our annual trip to Canada.  NBC 15 out of Madison ran a clip about him and his story amd how the doctors couldn't believe he survived his injuries let alone walk a quarter mile to get help.  Will be interesting what he can do this fall when we get busy.

But besides all that one of my best friends passed away last night of a major heart attack.  42 years old and in really good shape.  I was with him yesterday morning and everything was fine.  Had no idea it would be the last time I saw him.  Maybee I'm going through a bad spell, but I definetly appreciate life a lot more.

Post Your Comment
8/7/18 @ 11:13 AM
Cold Front
Cold Front
USER since 7/9/01

Glad to hear that he is improving. Burns are a hideous painful injury but thankfully they do heal up with the proper care. It sounds like he is in good hands.Hopefully he can go home in a couple of weeks. Mrt. 

Post Your Comment
8/7/18 @ 9:16 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

Glad he is doing better Jimmer, that had to be extremely terrifying for all involved...

Post Your Comment
8/7/18 @ 7:54 AM
chaw
chaw
USER since 9/11/02

Prayers sent for the little guy and his family.

Post Your Comment
8/6/18 @ 11:15 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
MEMBER since 3/4/06

Thoughts and Prayers to all those in thier time of need!!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 2,431 Posts