Need an attorney

10/28/15 @ 12:28 PM
ORIGINAL POST
SJB
SJB
USER since 7/16/01
Anyone know a good lawyer in the Appleton area that could help me on a game violation? I am not going to go into the details, but I made a mistake on a duck and goose hunt that is costing me dearly. I have pretty much stepped out of waterfowl hunting a few years ago due to too many fights in the marsh. Took up field hunting a bit and missed on a technicality. I don’t know if anyone else feels the same, but I quit trout fishing as I was in fear of doing something wrong. I am now feeling the same way about waterfowl hunting. I should really sell all my gear because I have no desire to go. I am not a violator – first time I have received a fine for something like this in my life. Thanks in advance for your help.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 33 Posts
11/4/15 @ 9:02 AM
cds
cds
USER since 9/18/01
Only one person recommended a lawyer?

I know there's county-by-county attorney lists/resources and in fact I looked for the Appleton area when this thread first started. The lists are by practice.

I may be wrong but - iirc - the OP had inherited a good chunk of money from his dad. "Retired" very young....so when you don't earn your money the old fashioned way and it came as easily as being born by the "right" parents,it's far easier to spend.

If I were on his place - and I was convinced I was right -I'd be willing to spent thousands to get out of a ticket of just a few hundred dollars.

It's tougher to stand on principle when it costs the equivalent of a couple/three weeks hard-earned wages.

Good luck....

Post Your Comment
11/4/15 @ 1:43 AM
Bucket Mouth
Bucket Mouth
USER since 7/30/01
I would have to guess that someone on here has had the same infraction as he did and therefore would be able to give him some accurate advice about how to handle it. I have made my mistakes in the past as well. Not looking to bust his balls by any means.

Post Your Comment
11/3/15 @ 12:10 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER since 7/20/09
There aren't that many regulations that pertain to field hunting. I'm guessing this one since I'd classify it as a technicality:

When a Canada goose is killed and before it is carried by hand or transported in any manner, the hunter who killed the goose must validate their Canada Goose Hunting Permit. Validation is accomplished by slitting or punching out the mark indicating the date of kill. Failure to follow validation procedure makes the possession of the goose illegal and can result in enforcement action.

Post Your Comment
11/3/15 @ 10:45 AM
eyeslayer007
eyeslayer007
USER since 1/27/14
I'm looking to get into field hunting. If your really going to sell hit me up. And i agree with the post saying it had to be a major offense if your going to get a lawyer. We've all messed up and waterfowls have it a little harder than others. Only offense i had was duck hunting when i was 13 first hunt by myself.

Post Your Comment
11/1/15 @ 3:24 PM
amaranthlost
amaranthlost
USER since 5/31/10
I'd keep it quiet too and if you aren't facing jail time I wouldn't waste my time with an attorney. The cost will exceed the benefit. From what I've seen with acquaintances, cost per hour for trials are not cheap and unless you are guaranteed a complete dropping of charges or not guilty verdict, you will spend more than you would if you just plead guilty. Unless it's a grievous or flagrant violation they shouldn't be too terrible on you. People make mistakes and htey know this. Plea it down as best you can.

Post Your Comment
11/1/15 @ 9:44 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
LOL River Chaser on the Proud Vultures!!!!!!!

Post Your Comment
11/1/15 @ 9:35 AM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12
LoL The one attorney that I do know on this site is not responding to this thread, at least publicly.

Smart move by the OP not to divulge his error. Lots of good folks here but also, way too many proud vultures here just waiting for someone they can pile on.

Post Your Comment
11/1/15 @ 9:21 AM
Prop
Prop
USER since 4/9/03
I guess there are more lawyers on this site than I thought. Everyone who asked him to tell what happened so they can help must be a lawyer. Why would he post his mistake? So the claws can really come out? For every one person that may help maybe cause they were in the same situation there will 20 aholes who never make a mistake. Some need to reread his post, he asked a simple question about a good lawyer. So if he asked for a divorce lawyer you would want to know those details too?

Post Your Comment
11/1/15 @ 9:08 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01
Been around since 2001, this is about the last place I would ask for advise like this. It already is shown by many of the replies. Many enjoy others pain, it shows who they really are.

Post Your Comment
11/1/15 @ 9:01 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
SJB, Reeldrag is right. There are a lot of people on this site that could offer good advice if they had any info. Yes, There will be guys giving you the business also. That's basically true everywhere, not just this site. If you are guilty of something, just get it behind you and you will feel better. Everyone on this site has done something against the rules or law a couple times in their life so you're not alone at all. Come on, join the crowd. LOL

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 33 Posts