NBA topics

5/10/11 @ 4:10 PM
ORIGINAL POST
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02
Since there wasn't a thread that I, or anyone else seemed to be able to find, here it is.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 205 Posts
5/23/18 @ 4:24 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

Impressive win by the Rockets last night. I sure didn't see it coming. 

Finally, some intrigue. Both series at 2-2 now. I still think Golden State will win. Possibly 4-2. I think Cleveland wins as well 4-3.

Post Your Comment
5/20/18 @ 10:17 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

I see a sweep and possibly the most lopsided finals ever. I'm sure Golden State (who will be the west rep I'm almost positive) will want to make history and just be as dominant as possible. They will not let up. 

Post Your Comment
5/20/18 @ 9:40 PM
murman
murman
USER since 11/4/08

I see the Finals going the same way.  I don't see either the Cavs or Celtics having enough to compete with Golden State

Post Your Comment
5/20/18 @ 8:26 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

The third round is following the pattern of the second round. Horrible games as far as closeness. 

Post Your Comment
5/15/18 @ 9:18 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

I just can't see Houston beating Golden State at all. Game one proved to me that this series just might be over already. But, I was wrong on the Patriots this year....I say Golden State in 5. 

Cleveland/Boston in a good battle tonight. 

Edit: I never understood the phrase, "A series isn't a series until the road team steals a game."

So, if Boston steals game 3 in Cleveland, then it's a series? 

Edited on 5/15/18 11:02 PM
Post Your Comment
5/10/18 @ 2:27 AM
gokansasbadgers
gokansasbadgers
USER since 11/4/10

The athleticism today compared to back in Jordan day is one of the big points.  Part of the reason of Jordan's dominance was he was so much more athletic then everyone else.  

If Jordan played today, he would be in the top 5 most athletic player, but there would also be 50 players not far behind him athletically.

Back when Jordan played, there may have been a few just behind him athletically.

His numbers wouldn't even be close to today's tougher competition and athleticism if he played today.  

Edited on 5/10/18 2:29 AM
Post Your Comment
5/9/18 @ 10:20 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

I’m 42 so I saw Jordan play. Couldn’t stand him because of course he always beat the Bucks. He was awesome no doubt. But, some good points are made in some of the previous post about the differences in today’s game and how LeBron has it probably tougher than Jordan did. But, both are awesome players.

These must of been the worst second round playoffs ever. No close series! Boston is happy now, ,and they played a great series,  but reality will hit them soon when they realize they have to now play Cleveland.

Post Your Comment
5/9/18 @ 6:03 PM
River Man
River Man
USER since 6/18/01
Yes, I did see Jordan play and he was awesome! So being the second greatest all time is deserved. But he played against lesser skilled/athletic players so he could dominate! Today we have multiple 7footers playing point guard/point forwards! Just lots more talent that LEBRON still dominates at an age where MJ was basically retired!

Post Your Comment
5/8/18 @ 8:40 PM
goons den
goons den
USER since 12/30/04

Just curious.  How old are you guys?  Did you see Jordan play, or just what you see on NBA highlight films?

Post Your Comment
5/8/18 @ 8:13 PM
murman
murman
USER since 11/4/08

The athleticism in todays game back in Jordan's day is no comparison.  Athletes today are much more athletic with the training they receive compared to the 80s/90s.  

There is no agruement that Jordan was a great defender, however, he never got the toughest defensive assignments, those went to Pippen and Rodman.  Lebron can defend all 5 positions on the floor.

Lebron also manages to win with a bad team where Jordan had all stars around him.  Truth is if Cavs didnt have Lebron, they wouldnt even be a playoff team.  Bulls without Jordan are still a top 5 team.

The warriors brought three All NBA players in, Curry, Durant, and Green, plus 4th all star Thompson.  Jordan has never faced a team with that much firepower.   

Edited on 5/8/18 8:36 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 205 Posts