NBA topics

5/10/11 @ 4:10 PM
ORIGINAL POST
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02
Since there wasn't a thread that I, or anyone else seemed to be able to find, here it is.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 188 Posts
6/13/17 @ 2:55 PM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03

Bulls always had some 3 point shooters.  Paxson, Kerr, Kukoc, Armstrong...etc.  They didn't have the firepower of Golden State, but they could hurt you from long range.

MJ and his competitive drive would be the X factor.  I also think the Bulls could slow them down a little defensively.  

I'm saying they (Bulls) have a chance.  And probably more of a chance than Lloyd Christmas...  :)  But still, I'm not sure what the outcome would be.

Post Your Comment
6/13/17 @ 1:37 PM
Prop
Prop
USER since 4/9/03

I agree with what B.J Armstrong had to say about the subject of Bulls vs GS. Jordan is the X factor but he was shooting 2's. These guys are all shooting 3's. Last time I checked 3 is more than 2. Pretty honest answer if you ask me. I was a huge Bull's fan and I don't see them winning this series. No chance in todays rules.  90's defensive rules maybe goes to game 7. 

Edited on 6/13/17 1:42 PM
Post Your Comment
6/13/17 @ 1:19 PM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03

Huge Jordan fan here.  Not so much of a Lebron fan...I was never a fan of his overall game.  But...this finals he did more than just plow into the lane, create contact and go up strong.  His passing was excellent.  His 3 point shooting was great.

And there was no way they could matchup with Golden State.  I can't remember ever seeing a team that would run up and down the court as fast as they could and just chuck the ball up there.  Defensively there isn't real scheme there, they just want to play the passing lanes and create a running game.

It would be interesting to me to see how the old Pistons team would stack up against them.  A team that was physical and who would play tough defense and milk the shot clock on offense.  I think that kind of team with their kind of talent would give Golden State fits.

About the Bulls....  Pippen on Durant.  Scottie wasn't just a great offensive player, he was great on D as well.  Horace Grant or Rodman on Draymond Green.  Kukoc would probably play center and be a matchup nightmare.  Jordan would take Curry or Thompson and lock them down.  And you know he isn't getting many calls against him defensively, especially in the playoffs.

Yah, the Bulls would have a chance.  The key would be Durant vs. Pippen and Kay/Steph against MJ.  

Post Your Comment
6/13/17 @ 10:52 AM
Robbollio
Robbollio
USER since 10/17/04
Before the season began people said cavs, warriors in the end. And for the post season to take this long. This just proves how pointless and bad the nba regular season really is. That being said, KD was just ridiculous.

Post Your Comment
6/13/17 @ 9:39 AM
Poison
Poison
USER since 3/2/10

That game against the Trailblazers when Jordan went off from the three point line hitting 6 in the first half was an amazing accomplishment back then, now it would barely get mentioned with the way these guys shoot.

Post Your Comment
6/13/17 @ 5:38 AM
rikj
rikj
USER since 7/29/01

I think the Bulls would be knocked out in 6, GS is something special. Kevin Durant is a beast on an already loaded team. They mentioned in the broadcast last night his release point when shooting a jumper was 10' 3", how can anyone defend that?

Post Your Comment
6/12/17 @ 11:56 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

It sure would be interesting to see the Warriors go against the 90s Bulls. I don't remember any offenses having this much firepower vs. the Bulls of that era. Not sure the Bulls could have fully stopped the Warriors. Would be an awesome series!

Post Your Comment
6/12/17 @ 11:17 PM
Poison
Poison
USER since 3/2/10

Congrats to the the Warriors but it almost feels like they shouldn't even be celebrating. I mean, that playoff run was too easy.

Post Your Comment
6/11/17 @ 5:43 PM
Poison
Poison
USER since 3/2/10

Lebron had(s) talent around him but still wasn't a favorite in about half his Finals appearances. Maybe it's because he's not as good as Jordan ?? Lol

Edited on 6/11/17 5:43 PM
Post Your Comment
6/11/17 @ 12:37 AM
murman
murman
USER since 11/4/08

LeBron is definitely the goat of this time frame.  Jordan was in his.   Can't say who real goat is since they didn't get to play at same time 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 188 Posts