mower motor won't stay running

5/15/15 @ 3:40 PM
ORIGINAL POST
imaskingu
imaskingu
USER since 5/15/15
I moved a B&S 13.5hp motor from one riding mower body to another. Before the move, the motor started and ran fine. However, now it will start and run only for a moment if I prime it with a bit of gas poured into the carburetor. I am certain the fuel is good and the fuel line (brand new) is clear. My initial prognosis was that it was not sucking fuel into the carburetor for some reason. I admit that I "straight-wired" the electrical (all of the safety wiring was too complicated for me) and I wonder if that messed up something. For example, there appeared to be wiring going to a small metal cylinder on the bottom of the carburetor. That wiring is not now attached to a power source. Might that be my problem? (In case you're wondering, the grounding wire off the ignition coil is not ground out ... if it was, the motor would not start at all.) If the carb wiring is the problem, any suggestions on fixing it?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
5/16/15 @ 7:17 PM
millerbeer
millerbeer
USER since 1/16/02
Is this what the wire was plunged into?

Edited on 5/16/15 7:18 PM
Post Your Comment
5/15/15 @ 10:15 PM
lazyfishr
lazyfishr
USER since 5/29/06
Think that wire might be for your fuel solenoid. http://www.briggsandstratton.com/eu/en/support/faqs/inspecting-the-anti-afterfire-solenoid

Post Your Comment