MLB topics

7/5/06 @ 11:01 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Gator43
Gator43
USER since 8/1/01
All-star game is a joke, and being linked to home field advantage in the world series is ridiculous. Can't say I won't tune in to check out Brewers players though.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 81 to 90 of 1,741 Posts
10/30/17 @ 10:12 AM
Prop
Prop
USER since 4/9/03

I'm far from a conspiracy guy but when it comes to baseball I have learned that when you see something great there's a reason.  History has shown us that baseball will do things/turn their heads to bring in/back fans. I would never doubt that the balls are juiced. Now there is talk that pitchers can't throw good sliders cause the balls or more slippery than normal. Baseball see's NFL fans changing the channel. Baseball sees a chance to bring over fans on football nights and goes for it.  As a baseball first guy, I say more power to them. Let some new fans enjoy the game I have for over 35 years.  Show some fan's there's more than just football in October.

Edited on 10/30/17 10:17 AM
Post Your Comment
10/30/17 @ 8:46 AM
benuts
benuts
USER since 1/19/02
Yup, awesome game last night!  Watched every inning.  Slow moving today.  I'm on a mission to see how much coffee I can drink to feel "normal"!  I hope LA wins next game just so there's a game 7!

Post Your Comment
10/30/17 @ 12:50 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

What an amazing game... that was special.

There were a ton of huge momentum swings... hooooweeee, just crazy

Yeah was watching Pikey, just keeping mum :)

Post Your Comment
10/30/17 @ 12:46 AM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

Epic classic game! Well worth staying up till almost 1:00 on a Monday morning!

Some thoughts:

I agree. These pitchers are gassed. I wonder if that'll even carry into next season for some of these guys going well past their limits.

Two of the Dodger hitters look like JJ Hardy did a few years back in Milwaukee. If you are watching the series, you probably can pick these guys out. 

I think "small ball" is hardly applicable in baseball. Home run is king once again. 

The series is far from over. It'll be very interesting to see how the Dodgers respond back at home. Win 2 games at home and they are the champs. Anyone's series still. But, this game was huge for Houston no doubt. 

You almost couldn't write a better script then these 5 games so far. 

Ok, gotta get sleep!

Post Your Comment
10/30/17 @ 12:25 AM
crawdaddy
crawdaddy
USER since 7/11/01

How do these guys score 24 runs in a game where the home plate ump is giving 2” inside and outside on his strike zone?  

Post Your Comment
10/30/17 @ 12:19 AM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

Pool 8 says he has to wake up at 3:30. He might be up soon! The game is still on. This is absolutely crazy folks! And, these are really good pitchers too! 

Post Your Comment
10/29/17 @ 11:09 PM
larryallen
larryallen
MEMBER since 12/4/02

This is the most entertaining series ever.  Need to get to sleep but I cannot turn the TV off.  My Granddaughter lives in Houston and can hear the train whistle from her apartment.  Her downtown apartment is going crazy with people out in the halls cheering and celebrating.  Go Astros.

Post Your Comment
10/29/17 @ 11:00 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
MEMBER since 3/4/06

Holy  cow ! What in the world is happening here in this world series game. Kurshaw not his best tonight but the Dodgers helping him but the Astros are matching run for run and now lead the Dodgers 11-8 in the 7th inning. Man what a series! I guess the Astros "are for real"!!!

Post Your Comment
10/29/17 @ 9:58 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

Oh my goodness! Did that inning just happen? is this series really happening? This is great. Pool 8, you can't go to sleep yet!!!

Post Your Comment
10/29/17 @ 9:54 PM
chaw
chaw
USER since 9/11/02

Holy crap what a series! 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 81 to 90 of 1,741 Posts