MLB topics

7/5/06 @ 11:01 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Gator43
Gator43
USER since 8/1/01
All-star game is a joke, and being linked to home field advantage in the world series is ridiculous. Can't say I won't tune in to check out Brewers players though.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 71 to 80 of 1,884 Posts
8/20/18 @ 8:09 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

there's been so many behind the scenes changes,  videos, computer tracking to mention 2... can almost understand the analytics side... but personally,  wish they'd roll back the reviews  and make it so the umpiring crew decides to make reviews on certain plays only

Post Your Comment
8/20/18 @ 4:22 PM
chaw
chaw
USER since 9/11/02

Good article Nihsif-

I still love baseball but it is hard to watch sometimes. I think the changes we see can in part be attributed to travel baseball. In travel the focus is on personal development. Guys are so used to being clocked for exit velocity they swing for the fences on an 0-2 pitch with a runner on 3rd and no outs. It’s not about the team it’s about personal success. The guys who make it are the guys throwing 90+ or hitting the ball 90+. They players that play a team game, get on base, move runners, and sacrifice don’t get a second look from college or pro scouts. Really good baseball players are being taken out of the equation because of numbers and bad baseball players with immense physical ability move on and up.

Post Your Comment
8/20/18 @ 2:16 PM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸

to boring like baseball

Post Your Comment
8/20/18 @ 2:09 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

a friend pointed this article out...

bleacherreport.com/articles/2791455-i-find-it-very-difficult-to-watch-why-mlb-greats-think-baseballs-in-trouble?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral

... it a good read, probably longer than a lot of folks are willing to read these days...

....agree with replays, too much time between pitches, no slides into 2nd and home plate... they suck the fun out of the game

the hitting and pitching, hard to say... sort of agree to a point... some is just new tactics, like defense and offense in football... some is probably due to fewer players to choose from with many schools eliminating baseball or minimizing, and focusing on football and basketball $$$$

...course, that's opinion from no expert !

Post Your Comment
8/4/18 @ 11:07 AM
chaw
chaw
USER since 9/11/02

I love the close races in the NL this year. Cubs and Brewers have been close all year and the Pirates and Cards aren’t far behind. There are 4 teams within reach in the NL West and 3 teams battling for the NL East. It makes for some pretty compelling baseball.

Post Your Comment
7/31/18 @ 2:41 PM
Prop
Prop
USER since 4/9/03

I highly doubt someone's tweet that has been deleted would fall under this. Maybe it would maybe it wouldn't. Still doesn't change the fact that they didn't even attempt to delete it. So how much did they change?  

Post Your Comment
7/31/18 @ 1:01 PM
7/31/18 @ 12:24 PM
Poison...
Poison...
USER since 3/14/18

So you’re saying that you can find posts from threads/handles that have been deleted? I don’t think that’s how this works.

Post Your Comment
7/31/18 @ 11:29 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸

Prop

Once you type it on the Internet it's permanently 

You can delete it later but the original still stays on record and can be recovered

Post Your Comment
7/31/18 @ 10:02 AM
Prop
Prop
USER since 4/9/03

That takes lot more effort (if possible) than some douche spending hours going through someone's twitter feed.  These guys don't even make an effort to delete/hide anything. 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 71 to 80 of 1,884 Posts