MLB topics

7/5/06 @ 10:01 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Gator43
Gator43
USER since 8/1/01
All-star game is a joke, and being linked to home field advantage in the world series is ridiculous. Can't say I won't tune in to check out Brewers players though.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 71 to 80 of 1,995 Posts
10/25/18 @ 6:41 AM
USAbrams1991
USAbrams1991
USER since 2/13/17

"I truly think the Brewers wore the Dodgers out. 7 and a half games of tough tough baseball. Dodgers are toast."

I think the Red Sox are just this good.

Post Your Comment
10/25/18 @ 5:48 AM
brews4995
brews4995
USER since 4/2/10

Never saw that before,  pretty dam funny!

Post Your Comment
10/25/18 @ 5:42 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸

This is funny they should do this in LA

Red Sox Craig Kimbrel stares in for the sign. He is scrunched down low, his arms dangling out like a high school kid trying to put his arm around a first date at the movies.

Some say his pose reminds them of a karate stance, or a bad Joe Cocker imitation


Edited on 10/25/18 5:55 AM
Post Your Comment
10/24/18 @ 9:44 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

Gonna stick with Red Sox in 5. Think the Dodgers will get 1, but Red Sox are just so much better. Dodgers could have had this game tonight, but you just can't hold the Sox down for too long. Gotta score more than 2. 


I truly think the Brewers wore the Dodgers out. 7 and a half games of tough tough baseball. Dodgers are toast. 

Post Your Comment
10/24/18 @ 9:10 PM
the Jimmer
the Jimmer
USER since 1/11/05

Wearing a face mask at 40-some degrees? 

Post Your Comment
10/24/18 @ 8:48 PM
brews4995
brews4995
USER since 4/2/10

Or just play in the afternoon when its 20 degrees warmer.

Post Your Comment
10/24/18 @ 2:11 PM
murman
murman
USER since 11/4/08

Your contricditing yourself.. Your original post talked about home growing a team.  And yet, later you talk about shame on teams for making trades? When over 70% of the salary comes from trades... Not to mention 6 of the 9 position starters last night for Dodgers were from trades.  Not the all mighty home grown you originally spoke of.  

And in the last 25 years, only 3 teams ever made a world series from having a payroll ranked 16 or lower.  So 47 of 50 teams had top 15 payroll.  Yeah, it's safe to say money $$$$.  

Edited on 10/24/18 2:13 PM
Post Your Comment
10/24/18 @ 12:55 AM
BIGG400
BIGG400
USER since 12/23/12

If payroll equals victories, how in the hell did Oakland make the playoffs this year?

Good lord, the last time the Dodgers " successfully bought" a World Series, I didn't even have a drivers license!!!

Edited on 10/24/18 1:10 AM
Post Your Comment
10/24/18 @ 12:50 AM
BIGG400
BIGG400
USER since 12/23/12

 Shame on the idiotic teams for making horrible trades.

 What happened to the high spending Giants this year?

How did the Royals ever win the Series in 2015?

Edited on 10/24/18 12:50 AM
Post Your Comment
10/24/18 @ 12:36 AM
murman
murman
USER since 11/4/08

Dodgers Salaries


And 74% of the Dodgers payroll, comes from traded, free agent, and purchased players.  The other 26% comes home grown

Edited on 10/24/18 12:37 AM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 71 to 80 of 1,995 Posts