MLB topics

7/5/06 @ 11:01 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Gator43
Gator43
USER since 8/1/01
All-star game is a joke, and being linked to home field advantage in the world series is ridiculous. Can't say I won't tune in to check out Brewers players though.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 51 to 60 of 1,810 Posts
6/4/18 @ 10:09 PM
Poison...
Poison...
USER since 3/14/18

Wow! That’s pretty awesome.

Post Your Comment
6/4/18 @ 8:49 PM
antler junkie
antler junkie
USER since 8/17/05

I see Jarred Kelenic the kid from Waukesha West was the first H.S pick in the draft at no.6 by the NYM’s.

Post Your Comment
5/31/18 @ 2:31 PM
Swamp buck
Swamp buck
USER since 1/23/09

They will let them know sometime you can count on that. I have no problem breaking up a DP. In fact, I really don't like the home plate rule where you can't go hard at home like the old rule. On this play, the catcher was looking towards first so he can't jump out of the way like a normal 2nd to 1st DP. If you watch the replay he is way to the inside of home plate by 2 ft. It was a cheap shot. I'm all for playing hard but at least give the guy a chance to protect himself.

Post Your Comment
5/31/18 @ 1:20 PM
Poison...
Poison...
USER since 3/14/18

When is that happening Swamp? Cause they played them twice since and didn’t go after him. Maybe your opinion of how cheap it was is exaggerated. 

Post Your Comment
5/31/18 @ 1:02 PM
Swamp buck
Swamp buck
USER since 1/23/09

Maddon would blow a gasket if that had been the Cubs catcher. Would it be a cheap shot if he would've broke his leg? Its a cheap shot and don't worry the Pirates will let the Cubs know it was BS when they plunk his azz.

Post Your Comment
5/31/18 @ 11:46 AM
River Man
River Man
USER since 6/18/01

Not blaming Maddon for backing his players, all good managers do that. Something like "good slide", "legal slide", "no cheap shot" etc. would be fine. But to blame the catcher's technique when he was obviously out in front of the plate and nowhere near blocking it is absurd! OK-done now!

Post Your Comment
5/31/18 @ 10:17 AM
Poison...
Poison...
USER since 3/14/18

Because Cubs prop.

Post Your Comment
5/31/18 @ 10:14 AM
Prop
Prop
USER since 4/9/03

Not sure exactly want the beef is with Madden. He's doing his job as manager. He's sticking up for his player.  I would have a problem if he didn't. Why in the world would he throw a player under the bus for a play like that?  Not like he had malicious intent.  Not even sure why it's still being discussed. 

Post Your Comment
5/30/18 @ 6:42 PM
River Man
River Man
USER since 6/18/01

C'mon! Can you at least agree that the slide was illegal, not dirty and Maddon was wrong to blame the catcher's technique?

Post Your Comment
5/30/18 @ 6:33 PM
Poison...
Poison...
USER since 3/14/18

You obviously have a great grasp on how Maddon thinks.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 51 to 60 of 1,810 Posts