MLB topics

7/5/06 @ 11:01 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Gator43
Gator43
USER since 8/1/01
All-star game is a joke, and being linked to home field advantage in the world series is ridiculous. Can't say I won't tune in to check out Brewers players though.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 51 to 60 of 1,895 Posts
10/10/18 @ 12:02 PM
benuts
benuts
USER since 1/19/02
Anyone have the post season schedule on when the Cubs are playing?  Could not find it anywhere.

Post Your Comment
10/10/18 @ 10:37 AM
chaw
chaw
USER since 9/11/02

That was a great ending last night. Wished the Yankees would have tied it just for the drama. Bummer that the Cubs are out but have to say the matchups are great.

Astros vs Red Sox is a tough call. Both won over 100 games and are stacked.

Brewers vs Dodgers will be fun to watch. Don’t understand why the Dodgers are favored considering the Brewers had the best record in the NL and haven’t lost a game since late May. (Seems like)

Post Your Comment
10/9/18 @ 10:50 PM
Poison...
Poison...
USER since 3/14/18

Yup, great ending tho. So no baseball until Friday? Lame.

Post Your Comment
10/9/18 @ 10:42 PM
Prop
Prop
USER since 4/9/03

Shame as a baseball fan Yankees red sox game didn't go to game 5.

Post Your Comment
10/8/18 @ 1:35 PM
FullDraw05
FullDraw05
USER since 10/10/17
it wasn't anything that would ruin it to the common baseball fan tuning in, lol.. pronouncing Aguilar "Aguilara".. saying  Counsell was drafted by the brewers, he was actually drafted by the Rockies. stating Shaw had 11 games since moving over to 2B.. he's had 1.. (11 on the season).. things like that.. i'm sure i've watched broadcasts where the same mistakes were made with the teams playing, i'd just have no reason to know it. I will say his voice is one of the best though... i'm just too used to Anderson who I think is one of the best in the game regardless of who is calling.. very intelligent guy.  

Post Your Comment
10/8/18 @ 1:31 PM
chaw
chaw
USER since 9/11/02

Interesting Full Draw. I’m going to say you’re probably 100% right. I was watching and listening casually and I’m sure you were watching more closely. Didn’t realize mistakes were being made. I honestly just enjoyed the broadcast more than the other playoff games I’ve seen. 

FS1 and ESPN both fall over themselves talking up the team that is down in the series. They want it to appear to be more competitive than it really is. The announcers always pull for the underdog because the networks all want as many playoff games as they can get. 

Sorry to hear that you guys couldn’t watch a MLB Playoff game. That is absolutely ridiculous. It shouldn’t take a magic wand or any special cable package just to watch an MLB Playoff game. You want more fans? Give people access to the sport at its highest level. It’s complete garbage and bad for MLB.

Edited on 10/8/18 1:36 PM
Post Your Comment
10/8/18 @ 12:55 PM
Poison...
Poison...
USER since 3/14/18

Agree, I spend $$$ for my regular season pass why can’t I buy a postseason one? Instead I paid for a month of sling. Still don’t get mlb network with that tho.

Post Your Comment
10/8/18 @ 12:33 PM
IceFishBaby
IceFishBaby
USER since 11/26/01

Why is it so tough to watch a game due to regulations.  I have a MLB.com subscription, but yet that didn't work.  Was not on the main antenna channels.  Why should it be so tough or expensive to watch post season baseball? 

Post Your Comment
10/8/18 @ 12:20 PM
FullDraw05
FullDraw05
USER since 10/10/17
with all due respect, Chaw. it doesn't stop.. yesterday's cast was terrible from at least my standpoint. The Brewers are blessed with the likes of Brian Anderson and Jeff Levering for radio.. i agree, Costas has an awesome voice for commentary, but a little fact checking from the production team would go a long ways. So many errors yesterday i had to listen to the game on mute because it was taking away from the experience. It sucks how they have games set up for viewing these days. Go Brewers!

Post Your Comment
10/8/18 @ 11:13 AM
chaw
chaw
USER since 9/11/02

It’s funny when the Cubs were in the playoffs I found it painful to listen to the broadcast. Couldn’t stand Joe Buck or anyone on ESPN or FS1. Now I’m seeing the exact same complaint from Brewers fans regarding the announcers. 

All of that complaining stops when Bob Costas is broadcasting. He still does a very nice job. Wish he did more playoff baseball.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 51 to 60 of 1,895 Posts