MLB topics

7/5/06 @ 11:01 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Gator43
Gator43
USER since 8/1/01
All-star game is a joke, and being linked to home field advantage in the world series is ridiculous. Can't say I won't tune in to check out Brewers players though.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 41 to 50 of 1,880 Posts
10/8/18 @ 1:31 PM
chaw
chaw
USER since 9/11/02

Interesting Full Draw. I’m going to say you’re probably 100% right. I was watching and listening casually and I’m sure you were watching more closely. Didn’t realize mistakes were being made. I honestly just enjoyed the broadcast more than the other playoff games I’ve seen. 

FS1 and ESPN both fall over themselves talking up the team that is down in the series. They want it to appear to be more competitive than it really is. The announcers always pull for the underdog because the networks all want as many playoff games as they can get. 

Sorry to hear that you guys couldn’t watch a MLB Playoff game. That is absolutely ridiculous. It shouldn’t take a magic wand or any special cable package just to watch an MLB Playoff game. You want more fans? Give people access to the sport at its highest level. It’s complete garbage and bad for MLB.

Edited on 10/8/18 1:36 PM
Post Your Comment
10/8/18 @ 12:55 PM
Poison...
Poison...
USER since 3/14/18

Agree, I spend $$$ for my regular season pass why can’t I buy a postseason one? Instead I paid for a month of sling. Still don’t get mlb network with that tho.

Post Your Comment
10/8/18 @ 12:33 PM
IceFishBaby
IceFishBaby
USER since 11/26/01

Why is it so tough to watch a game due to regulations.  I have a MLB.com subscription, but yet that didn't work.  Was not on the main antenna channels.  Why should it be so tough or expensive to watch post season baseball? 

Post Your Comment
10/8/18 @ 12:20 PM
FullDraw05
FullDraw05
USER since 10/10/17
with all due respect, Chaw. it doesn't stop.. yesterday's cast was terrible from at least my standpoint. The Brewers are blessed with the likes of Brian Anderson and Jeff Levering for radio.. i agree, Costas has an awesome voice for commentary, but a little fact checking from the production team would go a long ways. So many errors yesterday i had to listen to the game on mute because it was taking away from the experience. It sucks how they have games set up for viewing these days. Go Brewers!

Post Your Comment
10/8/18 @ 11:13 AM
chaw
chaw
USER since 9/11/02

It’s funny when the Cubs were in the playoffs I found it painful to listen to the broadcast. Couldn’t stand Joe Buck or anyone on ESPN or FS1. Now I’m seeing the exact same complaint from Brewers fans regarding the announcers. 

All of that complaining stops when Bob Costas is broadcasting. He still does a very nice job. Wish he did more playoff baseball.

Post Your Comment
10/8/18 @ 11:03 AM
BIGG400
BIGG400
USER since 12/23/12

The only hope for home field advantage for the National League in the World Series could be eliminated this afternoon.

Post Your Comment
10/6/18 @ 4:35 PM
chaw
chaw
USER since 9/11/02

That was a good ballgame last night, Pool. Both AL series are really good matchups. Looks the like the Crew vs Dodgers in the NL. Looking forward Red Sox Yankees game 2 tonight. 

Edited on 10/6/18 4:37 PM
Post Your Comment
10/5/18 @ 9:37 PM
Pool8
Pool8
USER since 1/27/17

I'm gonna wish this Yankee - Red Sox  seiries was 7 games 

Post Your Comment
10/4/18 @ 4:47 PM
chaw
chaw
USER since 9/11/02

FS1- When I hear a familiar football anthem playing during a baseball game it gives me confused feelings. Get a different song for MLB Playoffs. 

Edited on 10/4/18 4:48 PM
Post Your Comment
10/3/18 @ 9:57 PM
Poison...
Poison...
USER since 3/14/18

Yankees Red Sox? Yes please. Haven't watched many teams other than the Cubs and Brewers so I'm excited to see these AL teams. 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 41 to 50 of 1,880 Posts