MLB topics

7/5/06 @ 10:01 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Gator43
Gator43
USER since 8/1/01
All-star game is a joke, and being linked to home field advantage in the world series is ridiculous. Can't say I won't tune in to check out Brewers players though.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 40 to 49 of 1,732 Posts
11/1/17 @ 6:38 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

I missed the first inning. I see it's 2-0. I was going to say that something tells me this will not be as close of a game as we like. But, with Houston up 2-0, I think that helps. Didn't want to see LA get up early and take a decent lead. I'll say 6-5 somebody now....who will win, anyone's guess. 

Post Your Comment
11/1/17 @ 5:42 PM
goons den
goons den
USER since 12/30/04

Mafia doesn't care.  Big money will be bet on both.  Just need seven games played to maximize betting potential.  Sweeps don't make money....

Me personally?  I'd like the Astros to win.  Dodgers buying championship, just like Yankees did/do.

Post Your Comment
11/1/17 @ 4:52 PM
River Man
River Man
USER since 6/18/01

Definitely will go down as one of the best World Series of all time!??

Post Your Comment
11/1/17 @ 3:30 PM
chaw
chaw
USER since 9/11/02

Joe Buck has such a man crush on Kershaw it reminds me of Michael Scott’s crush on Ryan from the office. 

This is the best World Series I’ve ever seen. I give the Dodgers the edge because they won game 6 . Game 6 winners have won 10 out of the last 12 game 7’s. 

Both teams are extremely hard to beat. They never quit. I’m hoping for 1 more great ballgame in game 7. This series has been so close it would be a shame if we saw an 11-1 game to end it.

Post Your Comment
11/1/17 @ 2:59 PM
LG Tom
LG Tom
USER since 7/13/09

Game 5 went over 5 hours and both bullpens were almost entirely used to the last man. I believe if both starters were left in till the 8th inning, the score would have been lower and the game would have been about an hour and a half shorter. I hate the mound visits and pitching changes, it's just brings more commercials.

Post Your Comment
11/1/17 @ 2:31 PM
rikj
rikj
USER since 7/29/01

A few of you mentioned Joe buck, he doesn't normally bother me but why can't he just introduce Tom Glavine with out inserting Hall of Famer before his name each time?  I think most fans know Tom Glavine is in the Hall of Fame and those that don't probably don't care.

I hope it is a good(short) game tonight. Monday was a long day at the salt mine with only 3 hours sleep Sunday night(actually Monday morning). 

I think the Dodgers win tonight with the Red-Headed cave man looking dude hitting two out. I am wondering what goons-den and the MAFIA are thinking?

EDIT John Smoltz not Tom Glavine

Edited on 11/1/17 7:19 PM
Post Your Comment
11/1/17 @ 2:13 PM
goons den
goons den
USER since 12/30/04

That was easiest bet ever.  Dodgers win game 6.  Mafia pleased. 

Post Your Comment
11/1/17 @ 10:55 AM
benuts
benuts
USER since 1/19/02

It already has lived up past last years game 7! 

Really looking forward to the game tonight!  I think Dodgers win 5-4

Post Your Comment
10/31/17 @ 9:49 PM
Poison
Poison
USER since 3/2/10

Another game 7. Gonna be hard to live up to last years game but I hope it does.

Post Your Comment
10/31/17 @ 9:13 PM
Poison
Poison
USER since 3/2/10

Thom Brennaman gets my least favorite announcer award.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 40 to 49 of 1,732 Posts