MLB topics

7/5/06 @ 11:01 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Gator43
Gator43
USER since 8/1/01
All-star game is a joke, and being linked to home field advantage in the world series is ridiculous. Can't say I won't tune in to check out Brewers players though.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 40 to 49 of 1,810 Posts
6/28/18 @ 2:29 PM
Carpio
Carpio
MEMBER since 11/5/17

Anyone know what Chris Bosio said that got him canned?   CARPIO 

Post Your Comment
6/28/18 @ 2:18 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

Yeah, neat video. Aaron Judge is a class act. At least if the Yankees make the series I’ll have someone to root for.

Post Your Comment
6/28/18 @ 7:54 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

always seemed like a class act, stock just went up

yankees-outfielder-aaron-judge-plays-catch-with-young-fan-in-the-stands.html

Post Your Comment
6/25/18 @ 1:38 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
MEMBER since 3/4/06

Yea Montreal has been itching for another team for a long time. I'm good with that. Still would like the schedule shortened back to 154 games like the old days. As far as a DH for the national league i'm against it and here's why. IMO it would take away allot of the strategy that managers from both teams deploy during a game. Sac bunts, hit behind the runner, etc. etc. It's been part of this game forever and to a purist it's the only way to play the game. If a player gets plunked by a opposing pitcher by accident or on purpose which we know never happens then with a DH in the line-up the pitcher that did hit the others teams batter has nothing to worry about being hit or at least brush backed off the plate. Just my two cents worth though. What's gouing to happen will happen just hope it appeals to at least me and my thinking. LOL!!! Oh yea I don't like that 1 game wild card game either. A team that has the better record for the year can get beat that 1 game and be done after working so hard during the season to get there.

Edited on 6/25/18 1:41 PM
Post Your Comment
6/25/18 @ 11:03 AM
the_dude
the_dude
USER since 1/10/03

I like that Prop.  And as long as we are blowing things up, the one game wildcard has to go!  The entire baseball season, for the most part, is built on 3 game series on consecutive days.  The wildcard round should be a three game series at the location of the team with the better record.  1 game wildcard in a sport were winning 55% of your games is usually enough to get you to the playoffs is just stupid.

Post Your Comment
6/25/18 @ 10:52 AM
Prop
Prop
USER since 4/9/03

I would like to see them blow up the two leagues the way they are now. With the interleague play the way it is now it really wouldn't be that big of a change. Midwest division could consist of Twins, Royals, Cards, Sox, Cubs and Brewers.  Of course go DH for everyone. No one wants to see a pitcher hit.  

Post Your Comment
6/25/18 @ 8:59 AM
the_dude
the_dude
USER since 1/10/03

I thought there was talk of Montreal getting a team back?

I can see Las Vegas Roses (Pete/Gamblers) and the Montreal Expos as the next 2 MLB teams.

Edited on 6/25/18 9:04 AM
Post Your Comment
6/25/18 @ 7:00 AM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
MEMBER since 3/4/06

Well Pike the MLB network has hinted toward this happening and some of the local sports announcers down here by me have made it sound like it's going to happen. I think Las Vegas may be a  city that's awarded a team. As far as the second team goes I really have no idea. The eastern part of the U.S. has enough teams bunched up as far as i'm concerned so does the west so maybe another central U.S. team will be announced. But I think it will happen and then I hope with the new additions they cut back to a 154 game season like yrs ago. The baseball season IMO runs too long as it's set up now.

Post Your Comment
6/25/18 @ 12:03 AM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

Chitown- I didn't hear this was official. Is it?

I don't like more teams....takes Milwaukee long enough to get deep into the playoffs, don't want even more teams to fight past.

But, if so, I saw stick a team in New Orleans and in Portland

Post Your Comment
6/24/18 @ 10:20 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
MEMBER since 3/4/06

With two more teams coming to  the major leagues I'm wondering how  the divisions and leagues will be re-alligned. I guess it will depend on what state gets a new team. I don't think major league baseball will  disrupt  what natural rivalries are exixting now. Anybody else have a comment on this subject?

Post Your Comment
Displaying 40 to 49 of 1,810 Posts