MLB topics

7/5/06 @ 10:01 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Gator43
Gator43
USER since 8/1/01
All-star game is a joke, and being linked to home field advantage in the world series is ridiculous. Can't say I won't tune in to check out Brewers players though.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 21 to 30 of 1,732 Posts
11/3/17 @ 6:44 AM
River Man
River Man
USER since 6/18/01

Yep, they have the Dodgers as 5-1 favorites to win it all next year, followed by Cleveland and Houston. The Cubs have dropped all the way to #7 @ 10-1, even behind Boston!?? So many things can change!

Post Your Comment
11/2/17 @ 8:51 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

Always find it interesting how after a series like this, a common thought is that we'll be seeing these teams a lot down the road. They'll be here again etc..I agree that the Dodgers and Astros have the makings of a team having a run for many years, but...

There are no guarantees. I always go back to Rodgers and the Pack. After his first, many thought there would be 3 or 5 more. Just hasn't happened. 

Cleveland and Chicago last year. How do we know if/when they'll be back? Every year is so different. Especially in baseball. 

Edited on 11/2/17 8:52 PM
Post Your Comment
11/2/17 @ 4:54 PM
goons den
goons den
USER since 12/30/04

Darn good WS, but not sure I’d say it was best ever.  

Post Your Comment
11/2/17 @ 1:16 PM
benuts
benuts
USER since 1/19/02
To the pit of misery you go, Dilly Dilly!

Post Your Comment
11/2/17 @ 11:50 AM
chaw
chaw
USER since 9/11/02

You’re welcome Benuts. Happy hating and trolling to you! 

Post Your Comment
11/2/17 @ 11:12 AM
benuts
benuts
USER since 1/19/02
Thank you for the pass Chaw.

Post Your Comment
11/2/17 @ 9:08 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

minus the insistence of Fox to keep showing puig every chance they got ( and zooming in, geezooos ), the broadcast was pretty good... the announcing was tolerable if you kept the volume low, hahaha and ignored buck's constant attempts to aggrandize every aspect of what he was talking about... HOF'er Smoltz (  knew you meant him rikj ) offered a lot of insights, early, but I think he even caught a little of the buckitis towards the last few games

there was a ton of good baseball in all aspects of the game, very enjoyable... some very good defensive plays, pitching and monster swings in momentum that have to be the hallmark of this series... congrats to both teams for all that

all, imo, of course

Post Your Comment
11/2/17 @ 7:05 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

Glad Houston won, it was a fun series to watch. I am headed there in a couple weeks for work. Some folks are still hurting there, we have a day set aside to volunteer our time. 

Post Your Comment
11/2/17 @ 6:50 AM
chaw
chaw
USER since 9/11/02

Great baseball series. It’s tough to get into the playoffs when your team is eliminated but this one hooked me because it was amazing. 

Benuts- You just witnessed the greatest World Series in history and you’re still focused on your hatred on all things Chicago. It must be a miserable way to live so I can give you a pass on the unhealthy obsession but there’s one thing I can’t let go. Dilly Dilly? So lame. I’ve seen Game of Thrones and I’ve seen the dumb commercial. Dilly dilly is fetch. Quit trying to make it happen.

Post Your Comment
11/2/17 @ 4:28 AM
rikj
rikj
USER since 7/29/01

I looked back at a post I made before the game and I called Joe Buck's broadcast buddy HOFer Tom Glavine, I think Lake-Link Hall of Famer boB caught my mistake and mentioned it was HOF John Smoltz, Thanks mischief.........

The Dodgers dug themselves a hole they couldn't get out of with an early hit and mis-play to start the game..............Still a great series..........Kershaw looked sharp and I suppose there will be some second guessing as far as him starting instead of Darvish.  

Post Your Comment
Displaying 21 to 30 of 1,732 Posts