Minnesota Vikings

9/27/02 @ 3:30 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Troutnut
Troutnut
USER since 1/7/02
Looks like a pretty dismal year for the Vikes this year. Thought 5-11 was reachable, now I am starting to doubt that.

Showing Mr. Moss the door would be the first step towards bringing back some team unity I think. I am also disturbed at Tice's lack of discipline towards Moss.

What do you think Viking fans? Should Moss stay or go?

Troutnut

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 9,963 Posts
TODAY @ 4:33 PM
icebelt
icebelt
USER since 10/22/13

Just look at it this way. Pederson was a Packer for years, so it's still kind of like losing to a Packer. A smaller hat size for Zimmer and he would be ok and the Barr stool well? Not on here. Glad the Queens lost.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 1:06 PM
velocity
velocity
USER since 5/12/16

Congratulations on a great season! The Vikes will be tough again next year.

Velocity

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 12:59 PM
rackshack73
rackshack73
USER since 11/27/07

The Foles chant is the best troll job of all time. I hope they do it in the new stadium. Ha ha ha ha ha 50 years of choking and you would be purple too.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 12:29 PM
benuts
benuts
USER since 1/19/02
I was getting worried that they were going to pull Keenum out of the game.  He's my new favorite non-Packer player next to Cutler.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 11:55 AM
Carpio
Carpio
USER since 11/5/17

Keenum, 48 mill? He’ll turn it down, he’s got a family to feed! Lol

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 11:11 AM
chaw
chaw
USER since 9/11/02

Marmooska- point well taken. I agree MM is clearly the more accomplished of the 2 coaches and In no way was I trying to disrespect MM. He is a good coach and far better than John Fox or Jim Caldwell. 

I was just very impressed with Mike Zimmer and the job he has done in Minnesota.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 9:30 AM
jims eye
jims eye
USER since 2/5/08

awesome freaking game!!! Thank you Mr. Pederson-great man!!! My favorite play was when badger clement made a fool of Barr. Anyone have plans for the big game-sounds like some bought tickets a little too early-kind of unfortunate your team wont be there.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 8:54 AM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03

Great season, Minnesota.  Stinks to lose the NFC Championship game, but...many times it motivation needed to come back and win a Super Bowl.

Your team is built for success in the short term.  Great defense, lots of young talent on first contracts.

You watch, your GM is pretty good, your coach is great.  Go all in and land Kirk Cousins.  You will have a 2 year window to close the deal before those defenders all want big contracts.  GB slipped.  Seattle slipped.  Atlanta is still formidable.  NO is building.  Getting Cousins puts you over the top.

If you cannot get him, then you fall back and grab Keenum or Bradford with Teddy as the final fallback option.

Ah, either way, congrats on the great season.  See yah all next year.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 8:53 AM
TheBigMarmooska
TheBigMarmooska
USER since 6/13/09

He very much was the best coach in the division this year, but I will take Mike Mac over Zimmer in the long haul.   Yes, I know, Mac seems to need Rodgers, but 8 consecutive playoff appearances speaks for itself.

I think the Vikes probably were a little to high after their last second win last week.  I don't blame them, but you cannot get to full of yourself, or too low when things go bad in the NFL.

However, I almost feel sorry for the fans again, of this franchise.  To get blown apart by 31 in the Championship game, while being favored is a hard pill to swallow, as was getting beat at home to the Falcons in '98, and then two years later getting embarrassed in East Rutherford 41-0.  So it is, the life of a Vikings fan.  Skol brother!

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 8:18 AM
chaw
chaw
USER since 9/11/02

Man what a tough way to end a really good year. Was at the game they replaced an ineffective and injured Bradford for Keenum. Keenum was great this year and completely earned my respect as did the rest of the Vikings team. 

I expect Minnesota to be good as long as they have Mike Zimmer because he is the best coach in the division. 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 9,963 Posts