Millennials suck

2/23/16 @ 11:37 AM
ORIGINAL POST
fishingmaster1997
fishingmaster1997
USER since 4/18/12
Before I start my rant, let me say that I am a millennial myself. I was born in '97. But I find myself constantly looking at my peers with complete disgust. My generation wants everything, but refuses to the put the work in to earn it. They feel entitled to every damn thing they see. They complain that college is too expensive and it should be "free" because they can't afford it, yet they spend all their money on going out to eat, expensive clothes, and other luxury items they waste their money on. They have no work ethic, and they think they deserve a livable wage for working at a god damn McDonald's!! They have no respect for their elders, they have no compassion for others. They have no appreciation for the men overseas dying defending their right to complain about how war is wrong. They walk around like the world owes them something and if they don't get their way they whine like a baby. They get over offended over every little thing, and they claim to be accepting of others but the second you voice an opinion thats not theirs they freak out. They have absolutely no understanding about the economy, yet they think they know the answers to everything. Their priority is partying and having fun, when at the age of 18 you should grow the hell up and get a job. Don't get me wrong, I know millennials that are hard workers, respect their elders, and are good people. But the vast majority of them are just scum!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 41 to 50 of 89 Posts
2/24/16 @ 9:31 PM
big ken
big ken
USER since 6/3/06
Amen Zeplure

Post Your Comment
2/24/16 @ 7:56 PM
zeplure
zeplure
USER since 2/11/02
This one turned out pretty good

Post Your Comment
2/24/16 @ 7:40 PM
Fishscales
Fishscales
USER since 3/2/03
I think part of the problem is that everyone wants to sit behind a desk and make $20 an hour and do little is possible. I hear so many times i wasn't hired for that or that's not my job. I say did you sign a contract? Or i need a break. They gave you a break when they hired you. Lol. And also the new thing is we want free college. There isn't no free lunch. And i know that's a hot topic with the up coming election. But remember the free health care and the free money that was supposed to happen? We know end of that story.

Post Your Comment
2/24/16 @ 4:42 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
USER since 6/12/10
I'm 31 so technically a millenial. I think most millenials are pretty solid people even though I hate their majority liberal political views. Most of my friends work hard and respect their elders like the generations before them. The difference between generations is social media. Back 20 years ago you had to read a news paper or watch tv to find out just the top news stories. Now everybody is on the internet spewing all kinds of nonsense that spreads around like a wildfire. The world is no more dangerous and people are no more lazy than they used to be. The difference is the internet and how quickly and easily news can be passed around.

The loudest people have always been heard the most, and the internet age makes them even louder.

Post Your Comment
2/24/16 @ 4:31 PM
4 reel
4 reel
USER since 12/9/10
I didn't read to many comments, not sure what was covered or mentioned. But I don't think the finger should only be pointed at the Millennial Gen. They were sculpted by someone. The parents are as much to blame. Always standing up for pour little "Johnny". The whole everybody's a winner, No one is a loser B@LL $#!T. So first, give who ever brought you up in this world a hug and a thank you. Don't ever forget who that was. Second, don't wrap time up in worrying about other people. Do what you got to do. And just remember all this when you start raising children.

Don't forget the struggle and the fight -warzone

Post Your Comment
2/24/16 @ 3:51 PM
beanbag
beanbag
USER since 12/17/09
Find something to interest them....Just show them your phone. Dull

Post Your Comment
2/24/16 @ 3:15 PM
BIGG400
BIGG400
USER since 12/23/12
One positive note on Millennials.

The ones I deal with don't seem to have much in life experiences/hobbies for whatever reason. I don't know their backgrounds that well. Having said that, I have found if you find something that interest them and mentor them on that they really seem to respond to it. A few of them have really turned it around it and didn't take too much to get them in the right direction. Something as little as taking them fishing or a sporting event has made a pretty positive impact on their lives.

Post Your Comment
2/24/16 @ 2:35 PM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12
Company loyalty is a big factor in workforce attitude; always has been. Company loyalty is somewhat of a historical rarity and came about in a strong way during World War 2 when working men were hard to come by since many of them were in the military. Thats when company loyalty became the vogue. Respect, respectable pay and benefits became the way to attract and retain manpower. Post WW2 these same company practices remained for various economic reasons up until the 1970s and 1980s. Until then America was the global source for rebuilding Europe and Japan. By 1970 this task of rebuilding became complete and many companies were left twiddling their thumbs and thus began a multi decade rebuidling of the American economy. As many of us find out the hard way companies had to rethink the loyalty tradition just to survive in the rebuilt economy. The post WW2 rebuilding was a success and now every person has more competition.

Post Your Comment
2/24/16 @ 2:34 PM
big ken
big ken
USER since 6/3/06
I think Ulbian is right on target.

A few years ago I went to conference where the speaker asked some questions of the audience. similar to what are being stated here along the lines of work ethic, being self centered, being entitled...

Was it her fathers generation (who was on the stage)and a baby boomer, her generation- gen x or millennials. We all answered and then she spoke on each and the answer was all preceding generations had similar negative views of the next generations. Her research did show baby boomers, with their protests, long hair, and life styles received some of the harshest criticism from their parents generation.

In a very small sampling of having coached in the last few years at a d-3 basketball program and have worked in a mission driven field for 30 plus years. I have been very impressed by millennials I have come in contact with. They have been hard working, willing to do the extra work to excel and had a real understanding of the bigger picture and how they fit it. I do have to explain more, but that is not a challenge to authority, but how does this all work together. Their commitment was to the teams and the work we are doing.

On final note is that many of these kids have seen their parents, relative or neighbors jobs sent over seas or replaced by automation. I would think if I was their age, I might would think about the future of the company or the job I was doing as well.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 41 to 50 of 89 Posts