Millennials suck

2/23/16 @ 11:37 AM
ORIGINAL POST
fishingmaster1997
fishingmaster1997
USER since 4/18/12
Before I start my rant, let me say that I am a millennial myself. I was born in '97. But I find myself constantly looking at my peers with complete disgust. My generation wants everything, but refuses to the put the work in to earn it. They feel entitled to every damn thing they see. They complain that college is too expensive and it should be "free" because they can't afford it, yet they spend all their money on going out to eat, expensive clothes, and other luxury items they waste their money on. They have no work ethic, and they think they deserve a livable wage for working at a god damn McDonald's!! They have no respect for their elders, they have no compassion for others. They have no appreciation for the men overseas dying defending their right to complain about how war is wrong. They walk around like the world owes them something and if they don't get their way they whine like a baby. They get over offended over every little thing, and they claim to be accepting of others but the second you voice an opinion thats not theirs they freak out. They have absolutely no understanding about the economy, yet they think they know the answers to everything. Their priority is partying and having fun, when at the age of 18 you should grow the hell up and get a job. Don't get me wrong, I know millennials that are hard workers, respect their elders, and are good people. But the vast majority of them are just scum!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 11 to 20 of 89 Posts
2/28/16 @ 11:16 AM
fishingmaster1997
fishingmaster1997
USER since 4/18/12
Pete Pete Pete- don't get me started on "bro country".

Post Your Comment
2/28/16 @ 10:59 AM
Pete Pete Pete
Pete Pete Pete
USER since 12/21/05
There IS good music out there.

Just not the mainstream CRAPHOLA being shoved down everyone's throats.

This means you BROcountry.

Post Your Comment
2/27/16 @ 3:48 PM
fishingmaster1997
fishingmaster1997
USER since 4/18/12
Nihsif. Agreed. We need more 60's to early 2000's country music and less rap.

Post Your Comment
2/27/16 @ 12:16 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
maybe they're uninspired cause they have no good music, hahahaha

time for another era of good tunes to fire folks up!

Post Your Comment
2/26/16 @ 5:27 PM
fishfillet
fishfillet
USER since 1/8/13
some do, some don't just like any other generation. although, times are different now with political correctness and people being so offended by everyone and everything. today people are soft. I remember when you could tell a guy to pack up his stuff and go home if he didn't want to work. now if you do that it's a trip to the HR office because someones feeling were hurt. boo hoo. I gotta say the old timers were a lot tougher and just got it done, they didn't whine and cry like many of people in today's work force.

Post Your Comment
2/26/16 @ 2:09 PM
BIGG400
BIGG400
USER since 12/23/12
For me, it just boils down to the environment. The people with talent, motivation, etc. have been leaving this area for decades due to the limited opportunities and heading to Phoenix, Denver, or anywhere in Texas. They seem to be the popular relocation areas. Then you get stuck with the deadbeats from all the generations.

Post Your Comment
2/26/16 @ 2:08 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01
Timely and might be of interest...

Millennials: Burden, blessing, or both?

http://www.mckinsey.com/business-functions/organization/our-insights/millennials-burden-blessing-or-both

Post Your Comment
2/26/16 @ 12:39 PM
fishingmaster1997
fishingmaster1997
USER since 4/18/12
I'm seeing a lot of great posts. I guess what it boils down to is maturity. I recently heard on social media some of my old friends from high school bragging about how many noise complaints, police citations, and how many holes they put in the wall of the place their renting. From personal experience I can say that the millennials engaged in outdoor activities such and fishing and hunting are way more mature than the millennials that play video games and spend their free time using electronics.

My friends in high school listened to shitty rap music, and drank and did drugs. Looking back I don't know why I even spoke to them. I guess at my highschool it was either them or the liberal hippies. I'll admit I drank, and I still do on the weekends. But I never will touch drugs, which seem to be a huge problem with kids in my area.

Post Your Comment
2/26/16 @ 12:27 PM
Route66
Route66
USER since 6/22/01
Mark me down as liking them.

Post Your Comment
2/26/16 @ 12:18 PM
big ken
big ken
USER since 6/3/06
Great post Treeshark.

As the Key West philosopher says,

We are the people our parents warned us about.

One of the earlier posts was of a picture young soldier, his father and governor Walker. Though I am not sure, I believe many of those who have been on front lines fit in to the discussion of millennials, gen x or y'ers.

Again it is a small sample, but I have worked with around a dozen young veterans who are now teachers who are amazing. They have such a heart to teach, are so open and authentic that their students can't get enough of them. Most teach junior high students, often a very difficult age level to work with and they have excellent outcomes. What I notice most is the level of discipline they have in their classes. It is not done with threats or punishment but with presence, genuine care, and the ability to relate to the students. These teachers are split between being men and women. They are quickly becoming leaders in their schools. Veteran teachers follow them and when they speak they are listened to. I think many will become the next set of educational leaders that we need.

I stand by my earlier statements that they are given a bad rap by many.

As Dave said, there are T...s in every generation.

Full disclosure, I am 62 and have been in education for 37 years.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 11 to 20 of 89 Posts