Millennials suck

2/23/16 @ 11:37 AM
ORIGINAL POST
fishingmaster1997
fishingmaster1997
USER since 4/18/12
Before I start my rant, let me say that I am a millennial myself. I was born in '97. But I find myself constantly looking at my peers with complete disgust. My generation wants everything, but refuses to the put the work in to earn it. They feel entitled to every damn thing they see. They complain that college is too expensive and it should be "free" because they can't afford it, yet they spend all their money on going out to eat, expensive clothes, and other luxury items they waste their money on. They have no work ethic, and they think they deserve a livable wage for working at a god damn McDonald's!! They have no respect for their elders, they have no compassion for others. They have no appreciation for the men overseas dying defending their right to complain about how war is wrong. They walk around like the world owes them something and if they don't get their way they whine like a baby. They get over offended over every little thing, and they claim to be accepting of others but the second you voice an opinion thats not theirs they freak out. They have absolutely no understanding about the economy, yet they think they know the answers to everything. Their priority is partying and having fun, when at the age of 18 you should grow the hell up and get a job. Don't get me wrong, I know millennials that are hard workers, respect their elders, and are good people. But the vast majority of them are just scum!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 89 Posts
3/1/16 @ 12:30 PM
'da Coach
'da Coach
USER since 12/23/08
Wow, I had no idea millenials contained so much suckage!

Post Your Comment
2/29/16 @ 4:34 PM
Prop
Prop
USER since 4/9/03
I personally know 4 different guys. Grew up with them. 2 had jobs all through High School and played all the main sports. 2 grew up better off never had a job in high school did the same sports. Guys that had the "silver spoon" went on to college partied hard never worked there either. I know cause I was there. The workers went on to factory jobs straight out of High School. 20 plus years later all four are very successful and make a damn good living. Kids can grow up different and act different. In time most paths will end up at the same point. Parenting from these different generations have changed more than the kids have.

Post Your Comment
2/29/16 @ 4:08 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01
Maybe because they have a good Grandpa... Smile

Post Your Comment
2/29/16 @ 3:20 PM
Route66
Route66
USER since 6/22/01
I have 6 grandkids in that group and they all are pretty good people. 3 are in college and 1 in Jr college.

I disagree with your idea that they suck.

Post Your Comment
2/29/16 @ 2:45 PM
'da Coach
'da Coach
USER since 12/23/08
And with that, The Dude knocks it out of the park! Big Smile

Post Your Comment
2/29/16 @ 2:03 PM
Wicasa
Wicasa
USER since 11/11/15
Authentic. Spoken just like Jeff Lebowski.

Post Your Comment
2/29/16 @ 1:52 PM
the_dude
the_dude
USER since 1/10/03
I've found that wisdom comes two ways: easy and hard. Either way, they both involve experience. With passage of time, comes more experiences. Not everyone ever gains enough experiences to discover an important truth, but I hope you will find as you get older, you will stop caring about what others are or aren't doing and focus more on what is important, which is you. And by "you", I'm talking about the things that have a real, and direct impact on you - friends, family, your job, your money etc. I know there are likely some people that work harder than me. There are a whole lot that don't. Me worrying or complaining about it changes nothing of that truth. If everyone worked as hard or harder than me, would I me more or less happy? Would I just find something different to be angry about?

The bottom line, focus on the important things in your life. These are the things you can control and can actually impact the happiness you feel on your brief stay on this planet. Wasting time worrying about the things out of your control is, well, a waste of time.

Post Your Comment
2/29/16 @ 10:48 AM
fishingmaster1997
fishingmaster1997
USER since 4/18/12
Zeplure. I disagree with that statement. I bow hunt with a crossbow. I still have to limit my shots to 30 yards or less. I hunt with a crossbow because I hunt from the ground opposed to a tree stand. I need to be completely still and drawing back the arrow is a lot of movement. It's funny a lot of people who complain that hunting with a crossbow is an unfair advantage are many times the same people who hunt on specially managed private land with food plots that's no different than baiting. Im not talking about anyone in specific, just an observation of mine.

Post Your Comment
2/29/16 @ 6:58 AM
zeplure
zeplure
USER since 2/11/02
I would like to add to the name "and their parents also".

I had a booth at a Hunting show in Green Bay this last weekend and really like to talk with the young kids 10-16 about Bow hunting and any experiences they have had. More and more now when I ask them what kind of bow they have many say a crossbow. Really? Let's also now let little Johnny take the easy way in hunting? These are healthy Kids! What a shame!

Post Your Comment
2/28/16 @ 12:21 PM
Pete Pete Pete
Pete Pete Pete
USER since 12/21/05
Hopefully I did not derail your great thread.

Not my intention at all.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 89 Posts