Memory Foam beds

5/4/16 @ 11:08 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Cambridge
Cambridge
USER since 3/21/14
Anyone recently purchase a new memory foam bed?  What did you buy? How do you like it?  I'm looking at Casper, Tuft and Needle, Purple and many others off Amazon.  So many options
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 Posts
5/5/16 @ 10:54 AM
Cambridge
Cambridge
USER since 3/21/14

Well, I did order the Tuft and Needle King size last night. 96% of the the 5,000 comments rated it 5 stars.  that and their 100 night return sold me.  All I need to do is take it to the nearest donation center then email them the receipt for full refund.

Post Your Comment
5/4/16 @ 9:03 PM
fishingmaster1997
fishingmaster1997
USER since 4/18/12

Yes! I love my memory foam mattress. I prefer my mattresses VERY firm. I've found that memory foam mattresses are a hell of a lot more firm when raised. I used to have mine just on a box spring on the ground and it was terrible. I felt like I was drowning. I'm 300 pounds so I need something that can support me. Once I finished welding a metal frame it felt like a whole new mattress. Now it feels like I'm laying on heaven. 

Memory foam mattresses are expensive but well worth it. 

Edited on 5/4/16 9:06 PM
Post Your Comment
5/4/16 @ 7:32 PM
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07

Exactly Prop - I agree!!!

Post Your Comment
5/4/16 @ 7:22 PM
Prop
Prop
USER since 4/9/03

We bought one around 5 years ago. We used the return policy on it. We had one of the firmist ones the made. It was still uncomfortable for me. You couldn't roll over unless you lift your entire body. It was before they had the cool gel so it was extremely warm as well. Extra curricular activities sucked on it as well. Thing that sucked on the return was we were told we had 90 days to return it.  What the store left out was we had to spend equal or more on the next mattress. We spent ALOT on it then had to find one of equal price for the next one ended spending little more. I only spent what I spent on the foam cause figured if it helped my back it was well worth it.

Post Your Comment
5/4/16 @ 7:21 PM
Prop
Prop
USER since 4/9/03

Edited on 5/4/16 7:24 PM
Post Your Comment
5/4/16 @ 7:21 PM
Prop
Prop
USER since 4/9/03

Edited on 5/4/16 7:23 PM
Post Your Comment
5/4/16 @ 5:03 PM
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07

My wife and I purchased one a few years back - we did not care for it, and it ended up going to our youngest son and we purchased a pillow top. 

It was around 3 years or so ago, and so far it has held its shape well.  My biggest complaint is that it was just too darn soft - it sucks you right in, almost hard to get out of bed.  My son on the other hand loves it, but I've got a few years on him.   It is likely more personal preference than anything else, but we really didn't care for it. 

Post Your Comment
5/4/16 @ 3:19 PM
the_dude
the_dude
USER since 1/10/03

I bought several off of Amazon for our cabin up north.  Full/Twin Dream Foam and a King Size Brentwood.  From my experience, you definitely get what you pay for.  The Brentwood was cheap.  We ended up having to buy an additional topper for it because it was so darn hard!  We likely would have been better off buying a slightly more expensive bed.  The Dream Foam's seem fine, but they are on bunk beds for the kids so I haven't slept on them.  We  have had adult guests sleep on them and they seem to like them just fine.  I think the biggest knock on some of the lower end foam mattresses is the wear out relatively quickly.  My wife and I had a king size memory foam (I believe it was Steinhafels brand) and within a pretty short period of time, it was developing "valleys" where we slept.  I felt these were perfect for our place up north as with the limited nights a year, they should last a good long time.  You also can't beat the convenience of getting a bed delivered in a box.  The biggest issue I have is it the bed is terrible, they are very difficult to return.  I'm not sure how that would even work, as you aren't going to be able to compress it and get it back in the box.

I hope this was at least a little helpful.

Post Your Comment
5/4/16 @ 2:40 PM
IceFishBaby
IceFishBaby
USER since 11/26/01

I am in the same boat.  Upgrading to a King size and wondering the same.  I hear good things but not sure what direction to go.

Post Your Comment