lone survivor

6/8/14 @ 12:15 AM
ORIGINAL POST
reeldrag83
reeldrag83
USER since 12/20/12
Great movie. This is how theses guys feel about their brothers. Been along time since I watched a movie that put a pit in my stomach. God bless these 4 men and im glad there are men like this standing watch over the usa. Thank you for all you do!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 12 Posts
6/26/14 @ 10:16 AM
zones4
zones4
USER since 6/18/01
All,

I know Marcus Luttrell, the movie is accurate to the accounts and to the events of what happen. These are the stories that people need to hear or even see to understand the people in other parts of this world don't give ______ about our beliefs or ways. Hope more people see this movie or read the book.

Z4

Post Your Comment
6/25/14 @ 7:33 AM
DuckSlayin88
DuckSlayin88
USER since 9/13/11
Glad I saw this thread. Checked out this movie last night and it was phenomenal. I was afraid with Mark Wahlberg being in it that it would be very "hollywood", but they did a great job on this film. Gives you even more appreciation for our troops.

Post Your Comment
6/24/14 @ 2:08 PM
MuskyHunter
MuskyHunter
USER since 6/17/01
This is true, 2 choppers were shot down. All heros.

Post Your Comment
6/24/14 @ 1:07 PM
'da Coach
'da Coach
USER since 12/23/08
Actually, nineteen American service members lives were lost in Operation Red Wings (the three SEALs Axelon, Dietz & Murphy plus eight additional SEALs and eight US Army Night Stalkers.

The operation represents the single largest loss of life for Naval Special Warfare since World War II, and certainly merits us pausing to give thanks to those who gave all to defend our freedom.

Post Your Comment
6/24/14 @ 11:15 AM
MuskyHunter
MuskyHunter
USER since 6/17/01
Just a reminder but this Saturday is the 9 year anniversary of the death of 3 American heros.

Post Your Comment
6/8/14 @ 9:05 AM
stuckinMO
stuckinMO
USER since 7/24/03
Yes - great movie. However at the risk of sounding cliche, the book is so much more. A truly great read

Post Your Comment
6/8/14 @ 8:54 AM
mooselegs
mooselegs
USER since 5/27/03
My wife and I both watched it last night......absolutely incredible movie. Filming was so well done at times I felt that I was there in the thick of it....

I have the deepest respect for our military....they are the bravest of the brave....

Post Your Comment
6/8/14 @ 8:17 AM
WaveWacker
WaveWacker
USER since 6/9/11
Watched it last night with wife, both of us were impressed, awesome movie!

Post Your Comment
6/8/14 @ 7:56 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01
I went and saw that one in the theatre. I have not jumped out of my chair in a movie theatre since high school but I jumped a few times during that one. Great movie and great story. I'm sure Hollywood imbellished it a bit but there's no doubt those boys went through Hell.

-Spoiler Alert- Was anyone else pumping their fists when the attack choppers opened fire on the Taliban in the village?

Post Your Comment
6/8/14 @ 6:04 AM
'da Coach
'da Coach
USER since 12/23/08
Agreed, great story, unmatched courage and heroism, great movie.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 12 Posts