MENU Lake-Link.com MORE

Legalizing Marijuana

8/4/18 @ 6:27 PM
ORIGINAL POST
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸

I started this discussion so I can gather information as investment opportunities into legalized marijuana

I knew nothing about marijuana

Researchers are not interested in the plant marijuana

But the family of cannabis

Before the first legalized drug of THC (Marinol) in 1985

They had plenty of clinical trials on THC

And have plenty of background information for the over 30 years on the effects of (Marinol) and Syndros  with cancer and AIDS patients

And is a generic drug

Investor alert you don't have to grow marijuana to get THC you can synthetic make THC

Why companies and universities don't like using marijuana in a research because it's illegal with the federal government

So the farm bill legalizing hemp gives them the availability to play with those cannabinoids

It will not affect there government grants there private funding and most important the banking industry it keeps the federal drug enforcement out of their research

Their interest is in the other hundred plus cannabinoids that don't get you high

Once they break down each one of the cannabinoids they will patent it 

And make it a synthetic

30 years ago the first legalized drug that utilizes a THC was created

There are many spin-offs variations of this now legal in prescription form and generic

Its effects on pre-existing conditions and side effects and drug interactions are limited for only those in critical care

More than 30 years of research and 30 years use not able to make it safe over the counter?

Think about it

As it stands, none of the CBD products being sold in grocery stores and malls all over the nation have received FDA approval. And the only CBD-based medicine that has been approved, Epidiolex, is apparently stamped with a big, fat warning of potential liver damage

Edited on 6/27/19 8:52 AM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 726 Posts
7/9/19 @ 12:10 PM
WALLEYE SWIMBAIT
WALLEYE SWIMBAIT
USER since 9/26/16

Young people are going to smoke and drink no matter what the laws. 20 percent of high schoolers smoking weed? Wow- that figure went way down. I thought it was more like 80 percent. The legalization laws are aimed at adults with age restrictions just like alcohol, cigarettes, etc. If your underage you should not be par-taking right? So what's the point of this "study". You can go back and forth with any study and any viewpoint on this issue. They should do a study on under age drinking. Figures probably stayed the same through out time. Well, maybe down a little from the 90's. All of these studies are bla- bla-bla. Daves comments are bla bla bla- very old nothing new. Weed is going legal nationwide eventually and there is nothing any of you old timers can do about it. blaaaa blaaaa blaaa that's all this thread is. If you don't like it move to Russia or the Middle East..

Edited on 7/9/19 12:12 PM
Post Your Comment
7/9/19 @ 8:09 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

I think “defies logic”... is the best comment on this thread so far.. 

Post Your Comment
7/9/19 @ 7:12 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸

Linda Richter, director of policy research and analysis at the nonprofit Center on Addiction, questioned the new findings. The center is a drug use prevention and treatment advocacy group.

“It sort of defies logic to argue that more liberal recreational marijuana laws somehow help to dissuade young people from using the drug,” Richter said.

Other studies have found that, in states where use is legal, fewer teens think it is risky or harmful than the national average, she said. And teens in those states still have access to marijuana.

“There is plenty of research showing that the black market for marijuana is alive and well in states that have legalized recreational use,” Richter said.

About 20% of U.S. high school students use marijuana, unchanged since 2015 after an earlier decline, according to the 2017 version of the surveys used in the study. Rates ranged from 13% of 9th graders to 26% of high school seniors, according to the survey data from the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

“Repeated marijuana use during adolescence may lead to long-lasting changes in brain function,” authors of the new study wrote. In the short-term, it can cause impaired memory and attention problems lasting weeks. Frequent use starting in the early teens may lower IQ scores; some kids may be more vulnerable to pots’ effects because of genetics or other factors.

___

Follow AP Medical Writer Lindsey Tanner at @LindseyTanner.

___

The Associated Press Health and Science Department receives support from the Howard Hughes Medical Institute’s Department of Science Education. The AP is solely responsible for all content.

Post Your Comment
7/9/19 @ 5:47 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

Study has shown 10% decline in pot use by teens in Wa State after med and recreational were approved. Don’t know if I believe the study or not? Depends on who paid for study. 

Post Your Comment
7/1/19 @ 7:24 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

Will just have to wait for weed to be legal!! Lol 

Post Your Comment
7/1/19 @ 7:23 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

I have finished my experiment with CBD oil. After not taking it for a week, I can’t really tell if I had much pain relief. I may not be a good test subject as I have a lot of pain in various areas. I have decided not to buy anymore, but took a double dose tis morn before I venture off to work. I honestly can’t say? It seems to help but not enough for me to tell definitely. My wife says it helps her sleep better, but me? Not at this time.

Post Your Comment
7/1/19 @ 6:55 AM
6/25/19 @ 8:45 AM
6/22/19 @ 9:11 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

Lol!!!

Post Your Comment
6/22/19 @ 8:56 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸