Lake-Link March Madness Pool 2014

3/11/14 @ 11:17 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Gator43
Gator43
USER since 8/1/01
Let the MADNESS begin! Wow, forgot my good friend Benuts won last year...Congrats again bro! Dang you won it back in 2007 too. I forgot that you run different pics in a lot of pools...so bound to win eventually. hehehe Thought maybe it was Nik7 again, he spends way to much time evaluating the game. Once again, we have started an end of the season college basketball pool on cbssportsline.com for anyone who is interested. We have our own group webpage, complete with our own message board on the CBS Sportsline website. The pool is for bragging rights only, and no money will exchange hands. It's completely free to sign up and participate in the pool. Managers: esoxcpr, Bucky10 and Gator43 Rules are as follows: Contestants will pick the winners of each bracket game after they are announced on March 17th. Points will be awarded for each correct pick. First round games are worth 1 point each, second round games are 2 points each, and so on all the way to the championship game which is the sixth round, and thus worth 6 points. Tie break will be the TOTAL SCORE of the championship game. Meaning the total number of points scored by both teams in that game. All picks and everything associated with the pool can be done online on our pools personal website, including LIVE scores while the games are being played. Anyone who wants in, send a messenger to one of the managers with an email address where an invitation to play can be sent. Remember, we need a valid email address to send the invitation for you to be able to access the pool website. You have to register (for free) on the cbs sportsline website from the link that will be emailed to you to be able to access the pool website. If you have any trouble doing so, let one of the managers know and we'll do our best to get you all straightened out. I'll also ask that everyone use their Lake-Link handle on the pool website so we all know who is who. HOW TO CHANGE YOUR NAME IN THE STANDINGS TO YOUR LL HANDLE: Go to the 'Options' tab, then select 'Personal' and then change 'Your Name' to your LL handle. Remember, this is just for fun and LL bragging rights. Anyone on here just to get a rise out of others will be removed, no questions asked. It's never happened though, and hope it doesn't. Lotta new people on Lake-Links, hopefully we get a big turnout this year. If you were in last year, you don't need an invite to join this year, you're already in. I will post brackets when they're available. Good Luck! Pool link
Displaying 1 to 10 of 55 Posts
3/12/15 @ 10:35 AM
Gator43
Gator43
USER since 8/1/01
There really isn't anything to activate, it's all ready to go besides the bracket. I will start a new thread for this year...

Post Your Comment
3/12/15 @ 7:54 AM
Bucky10
Bucky10
USER since 12/24/01
Agreed. I will be going into the CBS web-site to re-activate our pool in the near future and the managers will remain the same as always. Let the madness begin!!

Below is the link to the pool. The group name is "Lake Link" and the password is "lakelink"

http://lake-link.mayhem.cbssports.com/

Edited on 3/12/15 8:03 AM
Post Your Comment
3/11/15 @ 7:02 PM
jawjerker
jawjerker
USER since 1/14/02
Time to get the 2015 edition going guys, less then a week away

Post Your Comment
4/8/14 @ 4:04 PM
Polski
Polski
MEMBER since 5/11/03
There was a story on the early news last night about a 4 year old boy who picked Kentucky and U Conn to go to the final game. His Dad said he picked them because he liked the mascots, Wildcats and Huskys. I'm not sure who he picked to win.

Might have to change my stratagey next year ..............

Post Your Comment
4/7/14 @ 10:26 PM
'da Coach
'da Coach
USER since 12/23/08
Guess I shoulda had UCONN in my Final Four.

Congratulations, Huskies! Kiss

Post Your Comment
4/7/14 @ 9:43 PM
'da Coach
'da Coach
USER since 12/23/08
Incredibly intense start to the 2nd half, too bad nobody can score!

Post Your Comment
4/7/14 @ 9:07 PM
'da Coach
'da Coach
USER since 12/23/08
Great game going tonight, it's events like this where I hate to see either team lose, but if someone's gotta go down, I'm OK with it being Kentucky.

Edited on 4/7/14 9:08 PM
Post Your Comment
4/6/14 @ 8:48 PM
'da Coach
'da Coach
USER since 12/23/08
Nice work, GP, I bow to your superior NCAA acumen!

Post Your Comment
4/6/14 @ 8:13 PM
jawjerker
jawjerker
USER since 1/14/02
Congrats GP

Post Your Comment
4/6/14 @ 7:27 PM
GP
GP
USER since 6/18/01
Huh, didn't expect that Dull 1 of 4 and 0 for 2 in final 3, not impressive. I'll tell you what, since it was such a weak 'win' you guys can keep your money Wink Exciting tourney!!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 55 Posts