MORE
General Discussion

King of the your shop

11/22/13 @ 3:22 PM
INITIAL POST
da_jiggy
da_jiggy
User since 1/9/07
I'm sure there's a lot of you gents (and ladies of course) out there who love to just get away and sit in your garage or shop and just fiddle around with stuff. I bet every once in a while you make something pretty cool (even if you meant to or not). I also bet you like getting inspiration from other cool projects that other guys are working on. For me it's woodworking. I could have sworn there was a woodworking thread on here before, but I couldn't seem to find it, and I wanted to start a thread to get some inspiration for some holiday projects. With my wacky way of thinking I can get inspired by looking at a peanut so I also didn't want to just limit it to woodworking. Anyway, with the Holidays here, I'm starting to sniff around in the old lumber racks to see what's dry enough to cobble into something. I'm seeing a lot of wine racks, wine bottle stoppers, bottle openers, small desk clocks, Christmas tree ornaments, and probably a few lamps here or there that will be made and given as presents this Christmas. Are you all making anything? Have you made something in the past? Do you got something that you're just so dang proud of? Do you got a set of little hands helping right beside you and have something that they're super proud of? Could be anything. Wood, Metal, Stone, Plastic, Big, Small. What are you working on?
Displaying 1 to 15 of 657 posts
3/12/24 @ 10:30 AM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03
Nothing I built, but a cool piece I wanted to share.  I purchased this early 1900's washing machine a couple years ago for a specific idea I had that didn't end up panning out.  I finally decided to get it out of my shop, so I cleaned it up, clear coated it, and put it in our living room addition.  
King of the your shop photo by the_dude
11/25/23 @ 8:48 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
Youre perceptive Pete. The title is intended to inspire light hearted humor, satirical perhaps
11/25/23 @ 6:48 PM
Pete Pete Pete
User since 12/21/05
The title of this ​thread cracks me up every time it comes to the top.

That is all.  
11/25/23 @ 6:40 PM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
Old school Dude!
11/25/23 @ 6:07 PM
CCLUND
User since 5/29/11
Those frames are awesome dude!
11/25/23 @ 6:04 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07
My thoughts exactly!!!

Nice job!
11/25/23 @ 6:01 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03
Thank you Brent!  Not bad for an accountant .   
11/25/23 @ 5:47 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07
Dude,

You're a talented dude! :)
11/25/23 @ 4:15 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03
Picture frames…
11/25/23 @ 4:10 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03
I’ve been busy in the shop lately.  Made some large shelves for my house and then a pile of picture frames for my best friend and his wife 4 - 8 x 10’s and 8 5 x 7’s.
10/15/23 @ 3:17 PM
Snake1
Snake1
I will go with that recipe on next one. I have to start selling these things to make room for other projects. Problem is, When you put time into something, you want to use it. 

Never did a green boat. Just finishing up the Olive Green one, “The Olive Pearl”. Nice thing about this one is it will match the truck perfectly. My first Boat, “The Black Pearl” was basically the same boat as “The Olive Pearl”. 14f Alumicraft. Matching 15hp Evinrude will power it, with Trolling Motor and Oars. Boat is 1947. 
Love projects.
10/15/23 @ 3:06 PM
hotbait
PRO MEMBER User since 5/16/16
Bears just lost. Snake, didn't you also paint an older 14 foot boat, green. Don't matter. It is info for you and others. Some young guy wants to redo an old boat he has a starting point. I didn't have that help when I was young. 
10/15/23 @ 2:56 PM
Snake1
Snake1
Hot Bait, I think ur giving me more credit than deserved. Although I have an Air Brush that I haven’t used in years, I tape off, and rattle can a lot of stuff. On boats I usually clean the heck out of Aluminum and rattle can “Brand New“ paint can. I’m just a Red Neck from Honey Creek. I touch up paint scrapes and stuff every spring when I get boat ready for duty. I’m Anal that way, but it works for me. 

I do like this recent photo of my Fishing Boat, 1997 Boat and Motor. We got this from her Dad around 2012. My only secret is touching up to make it look cared for. 
King of the your shop photo by Snake1
King of the your shop photo by Snake1
10/15/23 @ 2:45 PM
hotbait
Snake.
King of the your shop photo by hotbait
10/15/23 @ 2:43 PM
hotbait
Snake, see if your gun has a 1.5 needle, nozzle, and air cap. A 1.5 sprays acrylic  enamels the best, for me. Remove air cap and look at side of nozzle.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 657 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE