Just a reminder!!

5/18/15 @ 1:59 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Hurricane
Hurricane
MEMBER since 6/16/01
Thousands have died so you can have a nice time. Remember them.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 Posts
5/19/15 @ 6:35 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
It's not bad at all to thank our veterans who are alive, but Memorial Day is to thank the ones who gave it all.

Post Your Comment
5/19/15 @ 5:49 AM
Foundry Rat
Foundry Rat
USER since 1/21/10
Keep in mind this is Memorial Day coming up. The sacrifices of the heroic are not only by the military but all who serve our country. The fight was brought to our own soil on 9/11. Remember the others who have also gave and continue to give on our behalf.

Edited on 5/19/15 5:50 AM
Post Your Comment
5/19/15 @ 5:27 AM
30''walters
30''walters
USER since 1/22/12
Words can't begin to describe how thankful everyone that calls this great country home should be for all the people that signed up to protect our freedom. I have many family members that have served along with a few that are currently serving so I have seen first hand many of the sacrifice's that go along with the job but only they know what real sacrifice's feel like. Thank You for everything past and present veterans!!

Post Your Comment
5/19/15 @ 4:56 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
God Bless Their Souls Cane.

Post Your Comment
5/18/15 @ 7:49 PM
mooselegs
mooselegs
USER since 5/27/03
Need to keep this thread on top.

Our country is indebted to our military. What makes this so difficult to recognize is that for our entire lives....we have taken this for granted (myself included).....

A very special THANK YOU to all who have served and their families......most of us will never know the sacrifices they have laid down for our country.....

May God Bless The United States of America.................

Thanks Cain for the post.........

Edited on 5/18/15 7:55 PM
Post Your Comment
5/18/15 @ 4:17 PM
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07
I went to Arizona in February to see my father (snow bird) and met a gentlemen by the pool named Bud. Bud was 91 years old and a pilot in WWII. He told me some stories that made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Talk about courage, integrity, and resolve - these folks had it. It'll leave you speechless with a lump in your throat. They would not lose, they couldn't, they wouldn't...

Bud told me that 25 planes would go out, and only 10 or so would come back depending on the mission. Bud said if Truman didn't drop the atomic bomb he wouldn't be here - as you couldn't beat those odds forever. The threat of not coming back wasn't even a consideration. It had to be done, and he was going do it even if it cost him his life. The resolve our Vets have is unbelievable.

Good post Cane.

Edited on 5/18/15 4:18 PM
Post Your Comment
5/18/15 @ 2:23 PM
drptine
drptine
USER since 6/6/07
This past weekend there was a old timer that needed gas pumped where I was filling up. He was beeping his horn but know one would acknowledge he needed his gas pumped. Finally he asked me if I could get a attendant to help him. I said no problem I will take care of it and filled up his car with gas. When I was done he wanted to know how much it was and he was very thankful for me filling up his gas since he had a hard time moving around to easy anymore.I just told him I noticed his veterans hat and filling up his car with gas was the least I could do for him and I was grateful for him serving our country. The old timer was almost in tears when he left and he said I made his day. Wow.

Post Your Comment