Johnsonville Recall - Cheddar Cheese & Bacon flavored Johnsonville Grillers in 24oz cartons

9/3/15 @ 8:27 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Hudson Hawk
Hudson Hawk
USER since 2/19/07
Never did like any thing from johnsonville and never will. Over exposer of a crappy pork product.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 35 Posts
9/8/15 @ 2:57 AM
luvh20
luvh20
USER since 1/19/14
With enough mustard almost anything will taste good! Wink Tounge Out

Post Your Comment
9/5/15 @ 8:17 PM
crawdaddy
crawdaddy
USER since 7/11/01
No. He was Ralph stayer III. Grandpa Ralph started jville sausage. Dad took it national.

Post Your Comment
9/5/15 @ 8:14 PM
Tim_T
Tim_T
USER since 6/17/11
Fully cooked brats are fine I guess, if you're cooking for a throng and need to keep it simple. Otherwise I could not fathom buying them on purpose to make a meal for family or a small group of friends.

Tim

Post Your Comment
9/5/15 @ 8:09 PM
Tim_T
Tim_T
USER since 6/17/11
Crawdaddy,

Angelic Brewery in Madison closed years ago. Was your friend either Dean Coffey or Otto Dilba? Ever heard of Ale Asylum? Otto is brew master and Dean is the CEO or whatever. They're kind of successful...

Tim

Edited on 9/5/15 8:12 PM
Post Your Comment
9/5/15 @ 6:38 PM
Pete Pete Pete
Pete Pete Pete
USER since 12/21/05
Usingers blows Klements out of the water.

Post Your Comment
9/5/15 @ 2:33 PM
crawdaddy
crawdaddy
USER since 7/11/01
Ski's are indeed very good. 1 in Stevens point. 1 in wausau. Trigs are also very good. Lived with the Johnsonville founder's grandson while in college. Interesting kid. Eventually opened Angelic Brewery on west Johnson a block from state st. In madison. Good beer. But, it didn't last and he closed. Never heard why.

Post Your Comment
9/5/15 @ 2:23 PM
luvh20
luvh20
USER since 1/19/14
Wow. I think I'm in total disagreement with almost all you guys.

-I wouldn't feed Klements to my dog.

-I like the grillers. Haven't had the cheddar and bacon though.

- I wouldn't give Shwai's another dime of my money after they almost overcharged me about $40 on a huge order a couple years ago. Everybody makes mistakes, but when you can't even apologize to the customer I'm done with you. It's too bad because they did make pretty good brats.

Just can't get over all the thumbs up for Klements?........ Puke Puke

I guess that's why they say different strokes for different folks. My father used to say it would be a pretty boring world if we all liked the same things.

Post Your Comment
9/5/15 @ 11:07 AM
rikj
rikj
USER since 7/29/01
I live in between the two Schwais stores (Saukville)so it's about 10 miles to each and I rarely go to them. We have a Fox Bros Piggly Wiggly(Wobbling Sow)in town. Nihsif is correct Fox Bro brats are hard to beat. Huge selection to choose from, cheddar and bell pepper are my favorite. I usually shop early in the morning at 6:00 am and they have the brats "reduced for quick sale" at $1.99lb and I stock up. I have not tried the ones with applesauce in them that just ain't right Puke

Post Your Comment
9/5/15 @ 6:47 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
Musky99

http://schwaismeatandsausage.com/

Haven't been there in awhile, but a friend and I would order up a summers worth of brats, then take a ride to the store in Cedar Creek ( now they have 2 different stores ), and have lunch and a couple beers... sort of an annual trip we stopped doing...when they opened the new stores

never went to the new stores because the brats at Piggly Wiggly were great and close by... I am now thinking I will be making a Schwais run again to get some for our fishing trips

Edited on 9/5/15 6:58 AM
Post Your Comment
9/5/15 @ 4:59 AM
Big_Shane
Big_Shane
USER since 3/26/15
I've tried grillers and seem to get an upset stomach from all the grease. Not my cup of tea I guess. Their brats seem like they shrink a lot after you boil them too. I usually buy Klements.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 35 Posts