'da Coach
USER since 12/23/08
LMAO, beanbag!

Post Your Comment
5/27/15 @ 9:24 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01
Interesting that he named both his sons "John" I think he might have been a bit egotistical in addition to being a paranoid schizophrenic..

Also interesting that the book and Movie leave out "other" interesting aspects of his life..

Hope he enjoys his new found dark nothingness..

ultramicro... not sure if you realized but John Nash was an atheist..

Edited on 5/27/15 9:25 AM
Post Your Comment
5/26/15 @ 4:55 PM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
If he claimed his pregnant girlfriend was too low on the status pole for him, he is an idiot. Don't really care about him. I didn't know him.

Post Your Comment
5/26/15 @ 3:46 PM
beanbag
beanbag
USER since 12/17/09
I liked his song "I can see clearly now".

Post Your Comment
5/26/15 @ 3:38 PM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12
Beautiful cliches dont make for a beautiful heart, and if his internet biography is any indication of his heart, some might consider that, a detraction from beauty.

Atheist who left his first woman when he got her pregnant. He claimed that her social status was too low to marry. Wondering

Edited on 5/26/15 3:39 PM
Post Your Comment
5/26/15 @ 2:30 PM
ultramicro
ultramicro
USER since 6/17/11
The film "A Beautiful Mind" is very good and well worth watching. That was the essence of the Cold War for so many...

What John Nash really told me is that what matters more than a beautiful mind is a beautiful heart! I truly believe God and John Nash knew each other very well...

Post Your Comment
5/26/15 @ 1:02 PM
'da Coach
'da Coach
USER since 12/23/08
A fascinating man, nevertheless.

"His theories are used in economics, computing, evolutionary biology, artificial intelligence, accounting, computer science (minimax algorithm which is based on Nash Equilibrium), games of skill, politics and military theory. Serving as a Senior Research Mathematician at Princeton University during the latter part of his life, he shared the 1994 Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences with game theorists Reinhard Selten and John Harsanyi."

Fascinating, indeed!

Post Your Comment
5/26/15 @ 11:55 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
what if his assumptions are wrong, and all this social science is just so much baloney?

Post Your Comment
5/26/15 @ 11:26 AM
'da Coach
'da Coach
USER since 12/23/08
I saw that over the weekend, too, what a shame.

A fascinating life, and a terrific movie about him as well!

Post Your Comment