Is This About Right?

9/29/14 @ 9:46 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Cold Front
Cold Front
USER since 7/9/01
Last week-end I got a call from one of my tenants that the sewer was clogged. I wasn't in town so I got on the phone and randomly called a sewer service. They came out and fixed it on Saturday night for $360. The guy was there about 2 hours. He said they ran a camera down there and did some clearing of small root balls. The tenant had been throwing "cleansing wipes" in there along with toilet paper. That was probably the main source of trouble. It was a week-end evening call. How does that bill sound ? If it is normal, I will put them on my list of contractors. If not I may do some looking for a future source/ Thanks. Mrt.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 Posts
9/29/14 @ 3:01 PM
Cold Front
Cold Front
USER since 7/9/01
Thanks guys. I thought it was in the ballpark but thought I would ask. I will have a conversation with my other tenants about the use of those products. If it becomes a problem it will be in the lease. Thanks. Mrt.

Post Your Comment
9/29/14 @ 2:55 PM
Hurricane
Hurricane
MEMBER since 6/16/01
That's true they can screw up a septic system too, according to my pumper. DO NOT flush them!

Post Your Comment
9/29/14 @ 2:30 PM
Crappie Pro 1
Crappie Pro 1
USER since 8/12/08
Fair price. Those wipes states their flushable but they are not.

Post Your Comment
9/29/14 @ 2:22 PM
migr8r
migr8r
USER since 2/8/11
It's a fair price for a Sat evening call. A scheduled ahead of time, Wednesday afternoon call I'd expect to be about 1/2. You can't look at the hours spent so much as what it's worth to you and the guy who offers his services at that time. Those sanitary wipes are the debil on sewer lines and if I owned properties, I'd have in my lease that any problems with them is on the tenants dime. Especially do not use them on a septic system!!!

Post Your Comment
9/29/14 @ 11:53 AM
swamp people
swamp people
USER since 5/14/12
Cold front the price is in the ball park after hours weekend call you bet also it depends on how far down the line he had to go and if he had to pull the toliet or not as well that in its self is usually an extra fifty bucks also if he felt its the tenants fault maybe a 10 day or charge it to the resident because the camera don't lie you didn't get a deal. But you did not get ripped off either..

Post Your Comment
9/29/14 @ 11:36 AM
Fish Hound
Fish Hound
USER since 1/29/02
I agree, fast and complete service on a Saturday night, I don't think it's out of line at all.

Post Your Comment
9/29/14 @ 11:29 AM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12
sounds like the service was timely, reliable and honest. You bought peace of mind.

Post Your Comment
9/29/14 @ 11:04 AM
Budman
Budman
USER since 8/17/01
I think you got a deal.

Post Your Comment