Instant Pot

3/19/18 @ 2:44 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

BA, I have the 6qt 9 in 1, looks like it has been replaced by the 6qt 10 in 1. I have yet to have a problem exceeding that capacity in the year that I have had it.

I made Corn Beef and Cabbage in it yesterday, turned out great. Have bee very pleased with it so far.

Instant Pot

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 24 Posts
7/29/18 @ 11:19 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

It is good stuff, pick up the Chicken and Beef as well just to have it...

Post Your Comment
7/29/18 @ 11:15 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸

chili-base added to my list for shopping thanks Dave ...out shopping

Post Your Comment
7/29/18 @ 10:58 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

Just been busy..

I too usually use Chicken or Beef stock rather than water. I have been using a product call “Better than Bouillon” to make the stock rather than throwing stock away when I don’t use it all or right away. It works well and tastes very good. Good when you only need a cup or so.

Better than Bouillon

Edited on 7/29/18 11:00 AM
Post Your Comment
7/29/18 @ 10:47 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸

there you are Dave (Golden)...thought maybe..the boot

so far Dave(g) Cancun butter would use chicken, beef or veg both

why just use plain water?

Edited on 7/29/18 10:49 AM
Post Your Comment
7/29/18 @ 10:38 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

Does everything get Cajun Butter?

By the way, a Sou Vide does eggs anyway, soft to hard, the best. I think some of these Instant Pot can double as a Sou Vide.. ?

Post Your Comment
7/29/18 @ 10:33 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
Now I want to see how pressurize corn on the cob tastes with Cajun butter

Post Your Comment
7/29/18 @ 10:18 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸

have steam ring it came with it ordering this from amazon

Bonison Instant Pot Accessories 6 qt Steamer Basket, Fits InstaPot Pressure Cooker, Insta Pot Ultra Egg Basket w/Silicone Handle

Multi Functional - Great instant pot accessory for steaming veggies, hard boiled eggs, potatoes, bone broth and much more. Not only can it be used as a food steamer basket, instant pot steam rack, steamer pot and egg basket, could also be used as a stainless steel strainer for very fast straining or fruit container, allows you to lift the steamer basket out instead of using a separate colander to drain whatever you want to.

Post Your Comment
7/29/18 @ 10:08 AM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
MEMBER since 3/4/06

I too just puchased the"instant pot" ultra 60 10-1 6qt pressure cooker,my old one died,and I'm completely satisfied with it. I've done chili,pot roast,chicken soup,beef stew and today going to try a low country boil in it. Bought all the fixins ahead of time and today is the day I try and make it. It's pretty simple to use and the food turns out great in no time. It comes with a stainless steal steam rack and the usual ladle,measuring cup and spoon. It's quite during  the cooking  and comes to pressure pretty fast. This instant pot by far is the best pressure cooker I have owned and would reccomend it to anyone. It also has a canning and yougurt feature too. I rarely use my gas stove anymore because of all the new gadgets that I own.

Edited on 7/29/18 10:09 AM
Post Your Comment
7/29/18 @ 8:27 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸

Bingo runs on 1/2 cup  just added water and cycle

found the manual    duh runs on 1/2 cup

I do not have the instant Pot...got a Mueller from Germany 

Edited on 7/29/18 10:21 AM
Post Your Comment
7/29/18 @ 8:13 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸

The minimum liquid requirement is the least amount of liquid your pressure cooker needs to create enough steam to build and maintain pressure. To pressure cook!

Now, the amount will vary by brand. And that’s because of how the pressure cooker is made and the type of valve it uses.

For example, the Instant Pot requires at least 1 1/2 cups (375ml) of water; while the Fagor LUX (which has a spring valve) only needs 1/2 a cup (125ml)! Your instruction manual should state this minimum, but if it doesn’t or if it isn’t clear I’ve come up with an amount that will bring just about any pressure cooker to pressure: 1 1/2 cups (375ml).

Now I'm going to try to see if I can make it run just on a half a cup

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 24 Posts