I think I beat the lottery odds today!!!

1/8/16 @ 8:46 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Eddy
Eddy
USER since 6/24/01
So I googled a local business today to get their phone number so I can call them and get my clothes washer fixed, and when I google them their "Google street view" picture comes up first with a vehicle blocking the view. The vehicle turns out to be me in my work vehicle from this summer driving past the business----WHAT ARE THE ODDS??
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 23 Posts
1/13/16 @ 8:15 PM
crawdaddy
crawdaddy
USER since 7/11/01
No worries. Now go bowling and have a white russian...

Post Your Comment
1/13/16 @ 5:49 PM
frenchbrit
frenchbrit
MEMBER since 7/24/01
After reading on so many media outlets the pitfalls that a person would face if they won................I am not buying a ticket. I do not want all those problems. I have said all along and contacted the lottery several times. Put the prize at 500 million. Sell your tickets to whatever number you need to break even and make the prize a million dollars.....for 500 people.

Post Your Comment
1/13/16 @ 5:48 PM
the_dude
the_dude
USER since 1/10/03
I hear you now. Sorry for busting you chops.

Post Your Comment
1/13/16 @ 5:20 PM
crawdaddy
crawdaddy
USER since 7/11/01
My point is that if there is a limited number of tickets and that total number isn't that high, buying more than 1 ticket can make sense. Buying more than 1 ticket when the odds are 1 in 126,000,000 does not improve your chances. So buying a bunch of tickets is a waste of money. People see the big jackpot number and think buying a lot of tickets helps. It really doesn't.

And "dud" was a typo.

Post Your Comment
1/13/16 @ 3:49 PM
the_dude
the_dude
USER since 1/10/03
Pretty clever calling me Dud. I would've never thought of that. You are the one that implied buying more than one ticket would be more worth while if only 100 tickets were sold. The smiley strongly implies I was joking around. Lighten up a bit. So, on the snarky front, are you the pot, or the kettle? Smile

Post Your Comment
1/13/16 @ 2:15 PM
crawdaddy
crawdaddy
USER since 7/11/01
Dud, not at all the point I am making. Yes, odds per ticket are same.....very, very small. Buying more than 1 ticket does not improve your chances enough to make it worth it. Nice little straw man snarky comment though.

Post Your Comment
1/13/16 @ 10:04 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER since 7/20/09
You are bringing back memories of my Game Theory class LOL. Tounge Out

Post Your Comment
1/13/16 @ 9:10 AM
the_dude
the_dude
USER since 1/10/03
The overall number of tickets sold has nothing to do with the odds of a single ticket winning. What were you saying about people being bad at math Smile

Post Your Comment
1/12/16 @ 9:18 PM
crawdaddy
crawdaddy
USER since 7/11/01
Sorry to repeat that, but the stupidity of the desperate boggles the mind.

Post Your Comment
1/12/16 @ 9:17 PM
crawdaddy
crawdaddy
USER since 7/11/01
Can't believe they actually needed to put up a sign that says cash only at local store that sells powerball. Buying more than 1 ticket does not improve your odds enough to begin with. If there were only 100 tickets sold, then sure, buying more than 1 makes some sense. But buying more than 1 in the powerball is like being in a walking race from Milwaukee to Madison and getting a 1 inch head start. Guess it is why we have a saying...the lottery is a tax on people really bad at math.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 23 Posts