I Got A Job .........

1/13/15 @ 9:14 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Higgs
Higgs
USER since 1/14/13
Well, I finally did it. I got a job. The unemployment ran out and along with that goes the money. I had to go threw a job agency called Kelly service and they got me into the little chute nestle pizza mill as a blue hat. I have to put in like 700 hrs. B4 I can get hired. I start out @ 10 bucks an hour. Orientation starts next week Monday, don't know what I will be doing yet? Does anyone know? The bad news, I got to work 12hour days with 2 on 3 off and then 3 on and 2 off. And I have a 20 minute drive one way. Here we come niagra falls. Maybe I can afford miller or Budweiser now lol Anyone else recently get a job?
Edited on 1/13/15 9:16 AM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 49 Posts
1/27/15 @ 8:28 PM
benuts
benuts
USER since 1/19/02
Bush lites taste Xtra better after a long hard days work though 2!

Post Your Comment
1/27/15 @ 6:42 PM
cds
cds
USER since 9/18/01
But Dak - if someone is blessed with the motivation and stamina to work those 80 or 100 hour weeks shouldn't they be mandated by the government to share with those not so blessed?

Take home a 40 hour paycheck and those extra 40 or 60 hours could be split among a couple or three part-time workers. Then they too can "earn" a living wage.

Fairness and Equality.

Just because someone wasn't blessed with the same motivation and stamina as another doesn't make it right that the motivationally-challenged worker can't afford cool stuff too. Right?

Post Your Comment
1/27/15 @ 3:53 PM
jawjerker
jawjerker
USER since 1/14/02
But think of all the money your making now

Post Your Comment
1/27/15 @ 3:15 PM
Higgs
Higgs
USER since 1/14/13
Boy those 12 1/2 hours a day are tough. I am now looking 4 a straight 8 hour job 5 days a week. Heck with this 12 hour crap and this southern swing.

Post Your Comment
1/19/15 @ 6:02 PM
Higgs
Higgs
USER since 1/14/13
Tough 2day working 12 hrs. Hope it gets easier as it goes along. Getting a cold and I would hate 2 dial one in so soon. I will have 2 tough it out.

Post Your Comment
1/19/15 @ 9:44 AM
Igor
Igor
USER since 6/20/01
It's an interesting position that uses my experience in Engineering, Sales, Field Service, and machinery installations. I worked with many of the managers from '99-'01 and have a lot of experience with this type of capital machinery. Just working out the final details for vacation etc. and start tomorrow.

Wife was a little let down since she had a list 10' long to complete while I was home and I only got about 6" of it done!!

Post Your Comment
1/18/15 @ 7:48 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
good for your Igor, jobs still hard to come by unless they are part time, min wage

Post Your Comment
1/18/15 @ 7:43 AM
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07
Awesome news Igor - congrats! Really happy to hear that.

Is the position much different than what you were doing?

Post Your Comment
1/17/15 @ 9:31 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
Good to hear Igor!!!!!!!!! Higgs has mental powers that have yet to be seen. I wonder if he will use his power to help the Packers win tomorrow. Glad to hear it Igor!!!!!!!!

Post Your Comment
1/17/15 @ 8:26 AM
Igor
Igor
USER since 6/20/01
Higgs must be sending out some good goo-joo. Had a second interveiw yesterday and tentatively accepted an offer as a Project Engineer starting next week!

Only 2 weeks out of work. Didn't get nearly as much done around the house as I hoped, but still managed to get a bunch accomplished. Didn't even make it on the ice.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 49 Posts