I ate BullHead last night!!!!!

7/14/13 @ 7:59 AM
ORIGINAL POST
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
So last night we had a family fish fry. My father-in-law supplied the fish this time. We started off with the main coarse of Blue Gills. We used Guiness beer batter. It was great. Then we fried 4 nice bass fillets which I made a sandwich out of cause I hardly got any gills cause I was cooking. Then we did 4 fillets of bullhead. I was Leary but said I would try it. I was astonished at how good they were. Was it the beer batter? Does anyone ever eat these things? My vote is they were not bad at all. If I accidentally catch one in the future, I will keep it and take the fillets. I will keep them separate of coarse. So if I ever hear someone say they taste rotton, I will call their bluff.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 21 to 28 of 28 Posts
7/14/13 @ 8:40 AM
Treeshark
Treeshark
USER since 4/5/09
I think eating bullhead is in some ways a 'lost art.' My grandpa, and I think a lot of other old timers used to eat them a lot. They are just a small catfish, no reason not to eat 'em. Cleaning them is, in my opinion, what scares a lot of people off. Nothing a board, nail, and pliers can't fix! I've heard they are good smoked and grilled, but I haven't tried them this way.

Post Your Comment