SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Hunting with your significant other

11/14/18 @ 10:16 PM
INITIAL POST
Jamie G
User since 12/2/05

Who here has hunted with their significant other.....good or bad experiences.....

Displaying 1 to 15 of 36 posts
11/16/18 @ 8:19 PM
fishicot
User since 4/16/18

Yahay, the rest of the joke goes like this - She gets out a pair of her pants and tells me to put them on.  I tell her I can't get in them.  She says that's right and if I don't cut out the cr@ap I'll never get in them.  We've lived happily ever after.

11/16/18 @ 8:03 PM
yahay
User since 11/28/07

Dude, hears where u went wrong. 

The night of our wedding and after finally getting to our room, I immediately took of my pants &....................................I calmly set them along side her.  She calmly asked me, "Ok, now what?".  I calmly asked her put them on, to which I get a really weird look from my loving & waiting bride. 

She calmly says, "But honey they won't fit me", to which I very calmly said,  "Well honey that's ok that they won't fit, 'cause now u know who wears the pants in this marriage". Boota Boom, Botta Bing

I have never gotten any grief for any of my hobbies, especially any of my hunting trips, let alone WI deer season.

11/16/18 @ 7:34 PM
fishfillet
User since 1/8/13

Many ignorant people still don't get the real reason the bride is smiling while she is walking down the aisle.  Then it's to late when they finally do.   

11/16/18 @ 1:11 PM
JigDipper
JigDipper
User since 12/19/14

That sucks Dude! I can relate though. I hear about it starting two weeks before gun season. 

11/16/18 @ 11:40 AM
waltereye sr.
User since 6/25/01

That indeed sucks Dude. I have to count my blessings again when I hear stories like that and the others. 

11/16/18 @ 11:25 AM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

Really got the "treatment" this morning.  I guess she had to make sure her mark was felt on my weekend/early next week.  It's to the point where I'm not sure why I keep doing this.  As much as I love hunting, feeling like crap about myself the entire time I'm supposed to be enjoying the hunt isn't exactly relaxing. 

I so wish I had a recording of our pre-children conversations.  Like when I said I was worried having kids would mean I will have to give up my passions and I was told "I would NEVER make you give up the things you love."  I guess is wasn't a lie.  She isn't making me give them up, she is just making me hate them.   

11/15/18 @ 7:03 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

My wife hunted with her family her whole life.  She now hunts with me up north.  When the kids get older she wants to do archery again.  Took a break recently with that.

When we were in college she went out on her own bow hunting on public land with a climber.  I was working that night at a grocery store job.  She came in the store in full camo to tell me she saw a buck.  Didn’t shoot it, just saw one.  Figured that was a good sign.  

She got a doe behind our cabin last year.  She takes out our kids in a blind.  Was actually kind of funny they got one.

For years it was a guys/friends only thing for me, but not anymore.  Mostly family now.

11/15/18 @ 6:47 PM
LUV2HNT
User since 11/3/03

Yeah, part of our vows. Thou shall not tske his hunting and fishing away. Guys time with no control...

11/15/18 @ 3:05 PM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

I get more grief about ice fishing all the time (which is literally maybe one day per weekend, and definitely not EVERY weekend) than I do for deer season. It helps that I hunt with my brother in law at their place not too far from home so the wife and daughter can visit and at least be within a mile of me and see me when we come in for lunch lol. But then I get grief for snoozing in the chair for a while before heading back out. 

I think if I was a hardcore bow hunter who was in the woods as much as humanly possible I'd get more flak. 

11/15/18 @ 2:18 PM
LUVtheOTDRS
LUVtheOTDRS
User since 11/15/06

Dude,

Oddly enough, that SAME conversation (let’s just call it like it is, argument...) happens every September in my household as well! You’re not alone my friend

11/15/18 @ 1:54 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

My wife has zero interest in hunting and hates that I love it.  We just had the argument Monday about how she can't believe that she is expected to take care of the kids and everything else while I'm off hunting.  It sucks that this argument has to happen every November and that I always need a stand big enough for me and my guilt.  I thought I was an above average husband and father, but lucky for me I get an annual reminder every fall that I'm not.

11/15/18 @ 1:05 PM
sheephead
User since 2/8/17

I would love if my wife would come along. She would never be able to kill a deer. She will help with most other aspects of my hunt. I know she would be a good hunter she is good at everything she does. When I come home tired and cold she has a good meal waiting. She also loves venison and is happy when I am successful.

11/15/18 @ 12:22 PM
Cold Front
User since 7/9/01

That is awesome! You must be a good trainer. Mrt.

11/15/18 @ 12:08 PM
fishgodwi
User since 7/28/10

This will b my fiance's 3rd yr hunting. She never hunted before she met me. So i took her along the first yr bow hunting with me in the blind and she loved it. So i asked her if she thought if she could shoot and kill a deer? She said I'll give it a try. So i got her a tag the first yr and we went gun hunting together. She passed up a bunch of does and a fork opening day. Then on Sunday morning an 8pt with about a 13" spread walks n and i tell her to shoot it and she put the smack down on him. Ran about 50yds and fell over! She has been hooked since! Got her a xbow last yr and she shot her first big buck for the wall. Now this yr she started to go by herself n the blind without me. Last Sat morning i stayed n bed but she got up and went out n the freezing cold. Sat about 20 mins and buck #2 for the wall for her. She will never let me live that down that i stayed n bed while she went out hunting...lol. 8pt' 18&1/4" spread, 170lbs. So proud of her and how far she has come n just 3 short yrs.

11/15/18 @ 11:34 AM
waltereye sr.
User since 6/25/01

Wife and I do everything together also, EXCEPT, deer hunting. Says she would cry if she shot a deer. She cooks venison,  eats venison,  and will help track a deer, clean out stands.... And she is an excellent shot. But won't shoot a deer. Does all the cooking and lunch packing for us three hunters. I would love it if she came along, but have stopped pushing the issue. My 46th year hunting this season. Youngest Son and Brother in law hunt opening weekend then it's just me

Displaying 1 to 15 of 36 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE