Are you looking at indoor or outdoor?
Edited on 3/17/14 11:35 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 17 Posts
3/18/14 @ 7:00 PM
Hudson Hawk
Hudson Hawk
USER since 2/19/07
I put a 300 hundred gallon spa down the basement for my wife and we just love it. I would have to agree about the cover but would also say to make sure you keep at it with the chemicals and taking care of it. This will greatly reduce your time cleaning and scrubbing it down.

I made the mistake of using some wrong chesms and it got slimy and Greesy all over the sides and bottom. Emptied it out and washed and scrubbed it down and I went to another spa place and he helped me with what I should and shouldn't be doing. Got it down pat now and we enjoy it on the weekends with cocktails.

We also keep it for personal use for ourselfs and don't even let the kids/grand kids in It. It gets dirty to fast. We also take a shower or wash up before we get in to help keep it clean. And for you women, don't go in there with make-up on. This will mess up the water real fast. Also, No BUBBLES

One more thing, we buy scented liquid and add drops to the water just before we get in. It only last an hour or more and doesn't harm the water. You can get it in different scents and it really adds to the experience and comfortness while kicking back in there.

Post Your Comment
3/18/14 @ 11:02 AM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03
I'm jealous. I've always wanted to get one of those and put it up at our place up north. A little gazebo type one. Maybe if the Missus hits on the lottery, yet not enough to divorce me, then maybe we could do it.

Post Your Comment
3/18/14 @ 10:53 AM
Prop
Prop
USER since 4/9/03
We have a hotspring not sure of the model of hand its a 5-6 person one. Got it 5 years ago so it's probably 7 years old. We have had to put a new pump in it about a year ago Heater 2 years ago. Best thing you can do when you get one is by a thermal blanket that goes under the cover. It helps with the electric bill but more importantly it adds life to your cover. Over time the cover will soak up all that moisture and get lot heavier and lose all it's insulation value. Covers aren't cheap.

Edited on 3/18/14 10:54 AM
Post Your Comment
3/18/14 @ 10:43 AM
Prop
Prop
USER since 4/9/03
Not sure if it's legal to shoot a deer in the nude but you have to be darn careful gutting it.

Post Your Comment
3/18/14 @ 9:49 AM
Prop
Prop
USER since 4/9/03
We have had a hotsprings spa for about 5 years. Ours is outside even with using it LOT less this winter I wouldn't have it any other way. Nothing better than sitting in it when it's 10 degrees and snowing, and with a cocktail of course.

Post Your Comment
3/18/14 @ 8:02 AM
brews4995
brews4995
USER since 4/2/10
I have a Strong Spa G2 model. It is an introductory model with lifetime warranty on the body. It was a little over $4000 with everything. It is a basic beginner model that holds 300 gal and is about 33 inches tall and seats 3 people comfortably. My family also looked at much fancier and more expensive models but having never owned one before I didn't want to go all out and find out we didn't use it often (like the treadmill, weight machine and many other wastes of money). Have had it 10 months now and probably hasn't been 10 days it hasn't been used at least once a day. Absolutely love it. We have it in our enclosed porch. Ours plugs into a 110 outlet but it can do 220 also. Being 33 inches tall it fit through our 36 inch door. Most hot tubs are too large to get into a door to get into a house or basement. We may upgrade some day but this one does awesome for us. Uses about $1 a day in electrity and water is 104 degrees. My wife wanted an outdoor fancy one but with the way this winter has been glad it is in the porch and she agrees.

Post Your Comment