SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Hey, I Stopped Drinking (alcohol)

5/14/18 @ 8:47 PM
INITIAL POST
Higgs
User since 1/14/13

Well, it's finally come to a head. (no pun intended). My drinking has gotten me into a little trouble as of a month or more ago and am proud to say I am alcohol free for 2 whole weeks. Man, harder than it seems and it seems my friends are taking it even harder. 

Who else quit drinking and how long have you been done drinking. Does it get any easier. I am still smoking but I figured one thing to quit at a time.

My wife even grounded me at my age. WHAT! Well I guessed I deserved it and we are doing it together. She is more crabby than me. She liked her wine. 

Thanks for letting me vent........

Displaying 1 to 15 of 20 posts
7/20/18 @ 11:16 PM
rvrbt
User since 3/24/10

I quit in 1988 , when I want a beer I drink NA usually Coors or Busch . It's kind of like regular beer in that if you drink more than two your gonna be peeing all night.

7/20/18 @ 3:28 PM
USAbrams1991
USAbrams1991
User since 2/13/17

One of my friends is 44 years old and had emergency liver transplant surgery. 44. Sometimes you gotta give up the bottle before life gives up on you. Congrats on your sobriety.

7/19/18 @ 1:29 PM
BOBnWORMS
BOBnWORMS
User since 7/9/02
Congrats to all y'all who've quit ~ it doesn't always stick the first time ~ just don't quit on the quitting. If ya don't succeed on your own there's help to be had if you're willing to accept it. They say a drunken man's words are a sober man's thoughts ~ learn how to express what you're feeling without being a jerk about it and you'll be on the right path, which surely isn't smooth but beats the drunken route!!    The advice to "Change your playground and your playmates" is solid!  9/9/86 and counting and hope to never stop counting!
5/25/18 @ 9:24 PM
beanbag
User since 12/17/09

I stopped drinking when they invented the funnel.

5/25/18 @ 4:53 PM
Higgs
User since 1/14/13

Still free of beer. Boy, I still have the urge. Does it go away soon

5/15/18 @ 8:08 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07

I’ve heard about them - all good stuff of course!  All the best Manni and Cds!  

5/15/18 @ 7:39 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01

Are you guys speaking code?

5/14/18 @ 9:34 PM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

Almost 4 years . No problems but a medical reason .  I did get kind of an OK for an occasional  . So maybe one or two a month with a fish fry or Mexican  . And even then a lower alcohol  pilsner instead of the dark I really want . No liquor even though I still have some good stuff . Just can't see letting my brothers in law drinking it !!!

5/14/18 @ 9:22 PM
crawdaddy
User since 7/11/01

Wasn’t a problem for me.  Just on call for the emergency room so often that I went ETOH free with very few exceptions.  My wife opens a bottle of wine a couple times a year and takes a few sips and pours out the rest or saves it for cooking. 

5/14/18 @ 9:22 PM
the Jimmer
the Jimmer
User since 1/11/05

Good for you!

If the wife is happy with your effort you might get sum! 

5/14/18 @ 8:53 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

Good for you.  Hang in there. 

5/14/18 @ 8:50 PM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

Higgs  good luck  

Displaying 1 to 15 of 20 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE