GREEN BAY PACKERS

7/31/02 @ 6:12 PM
ORIGINAL POST
tim
tim
USER since 6/19/01
Green Bay Packers. Lets talk.........................
Edited on 1/15/12 8:30 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 21 to 30 of 57,204 Posts
9/18/18 @ 2:45 PM
the_dude
the_dude
USER since 1/10/03

Can Josh Jones take a step?  He has to better than HHCD or Brice.  

Edited on 9/18/18 2:46 PM
Post Your Comment
9/18/18 @ 2:30 PM
Drahts
Drahts
USER since 9/8/17

I would have given a late 1st round pick for Thomas 2 or 3 years ago.  Not today.  His body is not far from failing him, he is a short term answer and still wants big money.  I think a 3rd is reasonable.

Reid is a cancer.  Reid is a liability in any form of pass defense.  Big pass on Reid, like all 32 teams have done so far.

Post Your Comment
9/18/18 @ 2:29 PM
murman
murman
USER since 11/4/08
At least Thomas will be available free agent next year.  He pretty much said himself there is no way he will be signing with Seattle again. (In which it was really stupid for Seattle to keep him, a year they are supposed to have 5 wins, really dont see the point in them keeping him when they will lose him next year)  With all the open cap space Pack will have next year, hopefully they push for him.  He's 29, so he has at least 4 good years left in him too.  

Edited on 9/18/18 2:41 PM
Post Your Comment
9/18/18 @ 2:22 PM
ibfishn
ibfishn
USER since 8/2/01

And on the never ending subject of Mack.   He looked great against a RT coming back off an ACL tear with no real game time....that is until the second half.  Seattle has what is probably the worst offensive line in the NFL.  It's not really a surprise that he has gotten off to this start...fresh legs...motivation...and playing against subpar competition.  

Post Your Comment
9/18/18 @ 2:15 PM
ibfishn
ibfishn
USER since 8/2/01

I would give up a 1st for Earl Thomas in a heartbeat.....because we have two of them.   In fact I would try to make a deal for him and then go get Reid to pair next to him.  

You do that and this defense goes to a whole different level. 

Post Your Comment
9/18/18 @ 1:58 PM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03

Watt is a better natural pass rusher than Clay at this point and Perry.  At least that is what I see.

Here's the rub...with the great TJ Watt...and I'm not trying to be funny, I think he is great, but...with the great TJ Watt, that defense hasn't stopped anyone.  They lack corners.  Pitt has drafted linebacker over secondary for quite a few years.  Thinking they bucked that trend this year, but they really reached for a first round safety.

GB went corner.  I'm not sure if a great rush makes a great corner, or if a great corner can make a great rush.  But, there is a correlation there.

I wish King would stay healthy, cuz he too is a difference maker.

And I'll maintain this on Mack, he was worth all the compensation and all the money, regardless of injury risk and future cap ramifications.  Rodgers and Mack could have easily filled deficiencies on their respective sides of the ball.  Each make their teammates look better than they really are, too.

I'm going to both love and hate seeing Mack in the division for the next umpteen years.

So...Seattle is 0-2.  Kind of going nowhere.  GB is 1-0-1.  Safety is a mess.  Anyone want to trade for Earl Thomas?  I'm 40/60 on that against trading for him...if Seattle needs a first.  But...I'd flip them HHCD and a third in a heartbeat.  If memory serves, Pettine was an advisor for the Seahawks last year and probably knows Earl Thomas really well...and I bet Thomas knows the Pettine defense.

Post Your Comment
9/18/18 @ 1:52 PM
Drahts
Drahts
USER since 9/8/17

The Packers don't "whiff" on first rounders any more than the norm.  The one thing we've had going against our top picks is we're always picking late because of our success.  Lots of whiffing going on, all around the league. 

I think we have a real chance to have the Saints hand us a top 15 pick and maybe a top 10 pick.  We finally may be picking real early thanks to them. 

I also think we have a chance to go into the bye week without a loss.   Then the schedule gets brutal in the middle.  Then it lightens up at the end.  Bottom line, teams that get healthy late get hot.  Like everyone else, we must remain relatively healthy and especially so late in the year.

It will not surprise me in the least that King ends up the better player than Watt.  We were also desperate for a CB the year we picked him and there was severe drop off after him.

Post Your Comment
9/18/18 @ 1:22 PM
the_dude
the_dude
USER since 1/10/03

I'm not sure I quite understand the love affair with TJ Watt.  Take a look at last year's stats of Watt, Perry and Matthews.  They are all very, very similar.  Watt is still developing, I get it.  But to this point he hasn't been any better than what we have.

Post Your Comment
9/18/18 @ 1:10 PM
Big-Fish-R
Big-Fish-R
USER since 4/9/08

On the Mack deal: how often do the packers whiff on 1st rounders?   I was on board for Mack; he was a game changer, like Reggie White helped push the pack to the elite level.

Here would be an interesting point: pack kept their pick back and drafted Watt.  Then they moved on the Mack deal.  Where would they be now?   

Post Your Comment
9/18/18 @ 1:08 PM
gordonsetterman
gordonsetterman
MEMBER since 12/15/08

What’s the big deal about having an animal-istic pass rusher anyway? Obviously it has to be a special talent to play that position now days. It has to be a person who can huff and puff and blow the quarterback over....because theses guys obviously can’t hit a qb anymore. 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 21 to 30 of 57,204 Posts