GREEN BAY PACKERS

7/31/02 @ 5:12 PM
ORIGINAL POST
tim
tim
USER since 6/19/01
Green Bay Packers. Lets talk.........................
Edited on 1/15/12 7:30 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 21 to 30 of 55,410 Posts
2/8/18 @ 1:27 PM
Western Extreme
Western Extreme
USER since 12/17/17

Dang Jimmy G just got $27 mil per yr. Here it goes. Rodgers getting $30 plus 

Post Your Comment
2/8/18 @ 9:49 AM
Drahts
Drahts
USER since 9/8/17

13 mill or so for one of the top CB FA's like Butler?   With big money up front.  I would be surprised if GB goes this route.  We're pretty much going to have our pick of CB's in this draft at 14, minus one maybe.  I see us signing a more mid range CB and then drafting one.  I like the guy the Raiders just cut, an affordable CB who thrives in man coverage.  House possibly back too.  Sign both of them and draft one early and we have a bounty to work with.

Post Your Comment
2/8/18 @ 8:13 AM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03

I've seen pictures that refute that statement, Shane!  :)

OSD...thank you for offering up that link and explanation regarding Butler.  I figured you would be more in the "know" given where you live.  I had heard from a buddy about the weed and curfew...buddy told me later that he read the tweet from Browner, who is very biased against the Patriots.

I know that sitting in the Super Bowl cost him money...but sitting for the Super Bowl because he missed curfew and was caught with weed would cost him a ton of money.  

I wonder if his market will be soft enough for GB to look to at him.

I keep thinking that if we had a lead dog at corner, life is a whole lot easier, as is the draft.  Butler via free agency or Talib via a trade are the two scenarios I consider.  And Butler will be much, much younger and a much better character player.  Talib may offer some attitude and toughness that our defense could use...but he's already 31 and turns 32 in a week or so.

You've watched Butler enough...what's he like now?  Zone corner?  Man/press?  Combo?  I thought he was an elite shutdown guy after his Super Bowl heroics, but then he seemed to take a step back....

Post Your Comment
2/8/18 @ 1:07 AM
Big_Shane
Big_Shane
USER since 3/26/15

Honestly I don’t think Giselle is that attractive. 

Post Your Comment
2/7/18 @ 10:14 PM
olswampdog
olswampdog
USER since 10/6/04

The curfew, weed, and woman were all taken by the media and run with after Browner posted his BS on Instagram.

"Meanwhile, former Patriots star Brandon Browner caused a stir on Instagram Monday when he posted a list of possible infractions that could have kept Butler off the field.

Those included having guests after curfew, being with a woman or getting caught with weed - though Browner at no point stated which if any of these offenses Butler might have committed prior to the game.

Browner was later forced to clarify his statement when a number of outlets began to run his post as proof that Butler was smoking weed.

'This why I don’t do interviews, I’m not on that team. I was not with Malcolm to know what he was doing,' wrote Browner.

'But here is an example of how they will take something you say, and make a controversial story behind it.' "

But of course no one would take that kind of story and run with it outside of the media. Butler was hospitalized not once but twice before traveling to Minnesota. He had been surplanted in the lineup during the practices of Super Bowl week by Eric Rowe who eventually was given the starting nod. His comment that the team "Gave up on me" fits a whole lot better with him being benched because he wasn't able to fully recover from the flu sufficiently to play effectively than him being benched for violations voiced by disgruntled former Patriots. But hey, believe what you like.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5360185/Love-Tom-Brady-supports-incredible-Malcom-Butler.html#ixzz56UCmR5o8

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Post Your Comment
2/7/18 @ 8:42 PM
ibfishn
ibfishn
USER since 8/2/01

OSD, true he was hospitalized in Boston a week before the game and flew out a day later than the rest of the team.  

Maybe some day the truth comes out and maybe it doesn't.  

The rumor of violating a minor team rule was said to be about him having a lady in his room past curfew and arguing with coaches when caught.  It's a rumor that was first brought up by a caller on a talk radio show and then later by Browner on Instagram. 

Probably a touch of truth in all of it.

Post Your Comment
2/7/18 @ 11:37 AM
Batman1
Batman1
USER since 1/23/09

Q:  Why doesn't Milwaukee have a professional football team?

A:  Because then Chicago would want one.

Post Your Comment
2/7/18 @ 7:41 AM
olswampdog
olswampdog
USER since 10/6/04

Butler was sick (hospitalized early in the week), didn't miss a curfew, go to a concert or any of the other "rumors" flying out there.

Post Your Comment
2/5/18 @ 7:56 PM
ibfishn
ibfishn
USER since 8/2/01
The rumor about the Butler benching is that he missed curfew, got caught with pot and had a big blow up with the coaching staff when questioned about it. 

Post Your Comment
2/5/18 @ 5:54 PM
swamp people
swamp people
USER since 5/14/12

Yep r.c.

I'm surrounded by bear fans only way to shut them up is to beat the bears.

Then its oh 85 what a team. 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 21 to 30 of 55,410 Posts