GREEN BAY PACKERS

7/31/02 @ 5:12 PM
ORIGINAL POST
tim
tim
USER since 6/19/01
Green Bay Packers. Lets talk.........................
Edited on 1/15/12 7:30 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 21 to 30 of 54,286 Posts
12/10/17 @ 9:05 PM
the Jimmer
the Jimmer
USER since 1/11/05

I believe the only reason Wolf is still here is because he knows the reigns will be his. Hopefully after this season. We will be stuck with Mac, but if TT and Capers “step down” in the off season, it’s still a plus situation. Rodgers can overcome McCarthy’s ineptitude as a coach, we’ve seen that. 

If there is one positive thing to be said for Mac, it’s that his guys don’t quit on him. 

Post Your Comment
12/10/17 @ 9:00 PM
One shot one kill
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02

It is time for Thomson to go . Several teams are or will be looking for a GM .  They will be looking hard at Elliott Wolf . He is not waiting forever for the next level . They managed to hold him so far , but not forever. 

Post Your Comment
12/10/17 @ 7:32 PM
Mr.Bass
Mr.Bass
USER since 5/18/02

Here's the real deal.  The Packers present problems are directly due to Ted Thompson's decisions as GM over the past years.  Look at what the Brewers have done since the new GM took over.  Simply, the buck stops at  Ted's feet for poor drafting and lack of looking at available free agents to provide the depth on this team that is so lacking.  And Caper's should join Ted whereever he goes.

Post Your Comment
12/10/17 @ 6:35 PM
hardwater fishin
hardwater fishin
USER since 11/25/17

i have to admit.    I love the never say die attitude...

Post Your Comment
12/10/17 @ 6:35 PM
Treeshark
Treeshark
USER since 4/5/09

“besides using his running ability where he does not need to think, only run without getting hit.“

He did a nice job running the ball, I was happy to see more of it the past two games. That’s his strength, may as well use it. He’s a temporary stop-gap player, if he gets hurt he gets hurt. Gotta use his strength while he’s out there.

Post Your Comment
12/10/17 @ 6:25 PM
jawjerker
jawjerker
USER since 1/14/02

I'm sure you could play better then Hundley did, he brought the Packers back from 2 td's down and won in overtime.

Yea, it's Cleveland but a 3 td turn around is huge by any team

Edit: Packers won with a box of rocks driving them

Edited on 12/10/17 6:27 PM
Post Your Comment
12/10/17 @ 6:14 PM
TheBigMarmooska
TheBigMarmooska
USER since 6/13/09

To call Hundley dumb as a box or rocks, is an insult to the box of rocks.  He is beyond stupid.  As far as his athletic play, he threw behind or above too many receivers.  He damn near got our TE killed on a high pass.  He can clearly throw the nice 3-5 yard pass, and thats about it, besides using his running ability where he does not need to think, only run without getting hit.  4th and 1 was a td gone wrong with his lack of cerebral well being.  Lets see what kind of draft pick the Packers can garnish for him this April.  Last spring they turned down a 4th round pick for him.  A few weeks ago it was speculated that they couldn't get a 7th rd pick.

Happy the the 12 can come back without us being completely eliminated from the tournament.  

Post Your Comment
12/10/17 @ 6:11 PM
ibfishn
ibfishn
USER since 8/2/01

I don't have a problem with Hundley.... I'll ride the last 3 games with him if need be. That kid has done nothing but improve the last few weeks and is doing exactly what is asked of him.  If there is one thing to complain about it is that he just is not accurate with passes beyond 10yds but some of that might be from pressure. That offensive line is just that....offensive.

I'm still going to say the biggest problem is coaching... both offensively and defensively.  MM to his credit has done a good job of getting the team to keep playing despite all the injuries but we really need a fresh mind running the offense and calling plays.

Post Your Comment
12/10/17 @ 5:47 PM
Big_Shane
Big_Shane
USER since 3/26/15

You guys are too hard on Hundley. He is playing for the first time in the nfl on a lackluster team. Give him a break. Dom Capers has to go though. I just don’t get the fascination with him by the fox announcers year in and year out. Defense wins ballgames. If we had d along with Rodgers running the O we’d be a solid team. 

Post Your Comment
12/10/17 @ 5:31 PM
Poison
Poison
USER since 3/2/10

I’m happy that I might get to see Aaron Rodgers play again this season. Packers football is painful without him.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 21 to 30 of 54,286 Posts