GREEN BAY PACKERS

7/31/02 @ 6:12 PM
ORIGINAL POST
tim
tim
USER since 6/19/01
Green Bay Packers. Lets talk.........................
Edited on 1/15/12 8:30 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 11 to 20 of 53,443 Posts
TODAY @ 11:41 AM
the_dude
the_dude
USER since 1/10/03

Frankly, I don't expect this team to beat the Saints given the current state of affairs.  If they somehow find a way to win it, it would certainly be a huge boost!

For me, the game to watch is the Monday night game against the Lions.  In my mind, that is simply a must win game.  It is a divisional opponent that you have two weeks to get ready for, both in a sense of getting Hundley comfortable and trying to get guys healthy. If the Packers don't win that game, I don't have much confidence in them winning any of the others.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 11:37 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸

"Did you just listen to the question I just answered?" McCarthy said angrily to a reporter's question about whether the team would look at Kaepernick.

"I've got three years invested in Brett Hundley, two years invested in Joe Callahan. "The quarterback room is exactly where it needs to be, OK? ... We're committed to the path that we're on."

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 11:20 AM
the Jimmer
the Jimmer
USER since 1/11/05

Ulbian, it was an original thought from a casual fan. I am not a football mind like some of the guys who post here, but I know what I see and think and I don’t waste my time trying to regurgitate my or someone else’s past posts. 

My comment was not in reply to yours and if you found something offensive in it I can’t help that. My observation on lack of pocket presence isn’t an indictment of Hundley’s ability or a jab at your friend. He needs to play to develop that awareness, and the o-line in its current state has no ability to protect him.  I don’t know what the 2008 comment is in reference to. If there is some issue just send me a PM. 

I like Hundley and hope he does well, I have no reason to cheer against him. However, I have little/no faith in Mac as a coach at this point. If Hundley finds it he will certainly have earned it considering the circumstances he’s walking into.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 10:55 AM
rks
rks
MEMBER since 1/22/06

Now we get to see how good MM and the rest of the coaching staff is without riding on some ones coat tails.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 10:45 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸

McCarthy said that Rodgers will have surgery on his broken right collarbone. The rest of Rodgers' season is in jeopardy.

"He'll be out a minimum, a significant amount of time — potentially the season could be over," the coach said on Monday. 

"So, he'll have surgery here in the near future and after we see how that goes, we'll focus on getting Aaron healthy. That's all that really matters right now."

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 10:36 AM
Ulbian
Ulbian
USER since 9/24/03

"now starting a guy with the right physical tools but no experience at the level he’s getting thrust into, and coached by someone without the ability to help him succeed"

Was that an original thought or did you cut and paste that from a post made in the summer of 2008? I'm not suggesting that Hundley will turn into a once in a lifetime QB but 11 years ago no one ever imagined that Rodgers would be as good as he is. 

The offense will look different. 12 and 7 both do things that the other one can't. Last Sunday's game is a bad sample size to look at. Give it a few weeks of having things tweaked to play into the strengths of the new guy before passing judgement. Rodgers looked far worse in his first regular season action than Brett did two days ago. 

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 10:29 AM
Prop
Prop
USER since 4/9/03

Seen this today for what it's worth..

copy and pasted:

Bad news for GB fans:

Among 78 QBs with 40+ reg. season passes since 2015, no player has a lower passer rating than Brett Hundley's 28.0

Good news for GB fans:

Among 52 QBs with 100+ preseason passes since 2015, no player has a higher passer rating than Brett Hundley's 107.3 2 

Edited on 10/17/17 10:30 AM
Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 9:21 AM
the Jimmer
the Jimmer
USER since 1/11/05

All I know is that It’s gonna be interesting to watch and see what happens over the next several weeks. I am hoping for the best, but...

Team is decimated with injuries, now starting a guy with the right physical tools but no experience at the level he’s getting thrust into, and coached by someone without the ability to help him succeed. The line is the largest concern for me; it’s gonna be hard to develop as a player when you are getting knocked around or running for your life all the time. 

The play that sticks in my mind from last game was after Bak went out; Hundley got smoked hard from the blindside due to breakdown of protection and lack of pocket presence. 

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 8:26 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

Thanks for the perspective Ulbian.. I just hope he doen't get killed back there while he learns and settles in..

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 8:05 AM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03

It is pretty easy to get behind Hundley.

It is him getting behind that offensive line that I worry about.  They are just so beat up that no one really stands a chance.

Add to it Mac's offense and it is a recipe for disaster.

The Patriots have won games without Brady. That is because they run a real offense predicated on timing and taking what the defense gives you.  Mac's offense isn't built like that right now.  It is all about 1:1 matchups and the QB reading the defender with the WR and each knowing which route will beat the defender.  That is a completely different concept than what New England does.  And that concept, I believe, is only run effectively by #12.  

For Hundley to be remotely effective, first he needs his line to be healthy.  Second he needs a balanced running game.  And third, he needs his head coach to run a quicker, timing based offense that allows him to read a defense and not have to read a receiver and a defensive back.  And honestly, I don't think Mac has it in him to install that kind of offense.  He is stubborn and will do it his way.  And it isn't going to look pretty at all.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 11 to 20 of 53,443 Posts