GREEN BAY PACKERS

7/31/02 @ 5:12 PM
ORIGINAL POST
tim
tim
USER since 6/19/01
Green Bay Packers. Lets talk.........................
Edited on 1/15/12 7:30 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 11 to 20 of 54,403 Posts
12/15/17 @ 2:13 PM
IceManKimi
IceManKimi
USER since 7/20/07

38-31 Panthers. It's great to have Rodgers back, but I don't think the offense will be able to keep up with what our defense will give up. 

#FireDomCapers

@FireDomCapers

Post Your Comment
12/15/17 @ 1:23 PM
benuts
benuts
USER since 1/19/02
How much of a factor will Greg Olsen be?  I think he's had some pretty decent games against GB before

Post Your Comment
12/15/17 @ 12:52 PM
olswampdog
olswampdog
USER since 10/6/04

Newton is dinged up a bit with a shoulder injury. While he is more likely to beat you with his running than passing, our pitiful cornerback situation worries us all. Funchess is a big receiver although not that fast. McCaffrey is a matchup nightmare in the passing game and Stewart is a load running the ball. Defense should hold up against the run and Kalil is vunerable so Perry or Matthews should be able to beat him or draw holds. For us the running game has improved but they are going against a nasty d front of Short and Lotulelei backed by Kuechly. It will tough to run up the middle. Passing, the weak spot will be Spriggs (who is dinged) going against Addison in obvious passing situations but Addison is dinged up as well. Spriggs will need help. Peppers plays opposite Bahk. so I think that's a wash.

Edited on 12/15/17 12:55 PM
Post Your Comment
12/15/17 @ 12:12 PM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03

Inside 'backer.  I think GB is great there.  Not fine, but great.  Ryan is a very good run stuffing ILB.  And he's got some wheels.  Martinez is an up and coming (maybe already there) talent.  You can build around him.  Josh Jones/Burnett can play the hybrid role and Clay can sneak inside.  Right now?  Problem solved.  Could use a late round pick to serve as back end depth and push Joe Thomas.

Containing Cam.  As I've seen him contained, it happens with excellent coverage.  Cam doesn't read defenses well, and if you zone under with man on the receivers, he doesn't see the game quickly enough to pick it apart.   If they get the running game going and inside backers bite on the fake, that leaves a lot of holes for him to hit and that's what he is good at.

If it were me, I'd play coverage and mix up a blitz or two...off of the edge, never up the middle leaving a gaping hole in front of his face to see it.  Hope to get home with 4, and play coverage.  Someone needs to spy him, too, so it is much easier said than done.

Offensively, I hope we are a more balanced offense with #12 back there.  We need a good run game to keep him clean.

Post Your Comment
12/15/17 @ 12:11 PM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

Green Bay wins 27-24!!!!!!

Post Your Comment
12/15/17 @ 12:03 PM
benuts
benuts
USER since 1/19/02
Ya, I know.  But the Dolphins did it with Jay Cutler.  Jay Cutler!

Post Your Comment
12/15/17 @ 11:57 AM
ibfishn
ibfishn
USER since 8/2/01

Doesn't matter what other teams did if you don't have the players to copy it.

Post Your Comment
12/15/17 @ 11:49 AM
benuts
benuts
USER since 1/19/02
Im predicting Panthers win by 13.  I hope I am wrong.  After watching Miami take down New England last week and that we faired well against Pittsburgh also gives me a glimmer of hope.  Would love to watch #12 play at lambeau one more time this season.  Would be pretty pointless for him to play next week if they lose this Sunday though.

Post Your Comment
12/15/17 @ 10:02 AM
icebelt
icebelt
USER since 10/22/13

What did other defence's do as scheme when they shut the Panthers down? How about injecting some of that into your game plan instead of being stubborn and  saying this is the defence we play and we are sticking to it.

Post Your Comment
12/15/17 @ 9:31 AM
ibfishn
ibfishn
USER since 8/2/01

I would love to see Capers come out this week and sit in his base 3-4, shut down the running game and blitz the heck out of Cam from everywhere.  As beat up as our secondary is the faster we can get the ball out of his hands the better.  Sitting back in that 4-2 that Capers loves is going to be like a slow death where Carolina pounds us into submission and when Cam has to pass he will have all day to wait for sometime to come open.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 11 to 20 of 54,403 Posts