MORE
General Discussion

GREEN BAY PACKERS

7/31/02 @ 6:12 PM
INITIAL POST
tim
tim
User since 6/19/01
Green Bay Packers. Lets talk.........................
Displaying 1 to 15 of 68,012 posts
TODAY @ 12:48 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
I'm hoping that we can get "in" on one of these tackles in the draft...and they need not be the big names that we see out there.
Paul is an example.  Greenfield is another.  Then there is the Yale kid and the BYU kid.
And while I really want one?  A lot of that need is me not knowing the developmental status of Tenatu and Jones.  This is such a deep draft at OT, it would be a shame not to get one.

And?  ILB?  With those new rules to the kickoffs, LB's are going to be important.  Zero issue taking two, so long as we get a safety before taking the second ILB.
TODAY @ 12:44 PM
olswampdog
User since 10/6/04
I'D LIKE TO SEE THE PACKERS GET AT LEAST 6 ROTATIONAL DEFENSIVE PLAYERS WITH THR TOP 6 PICKS.
TODAY @ 12:42 PM
olswampdog
User since 10/6/04
I'M IN THE "MORE SWINGS CAMP TOO AND I THINK YOU ARE AS WELL VEGAS. AS YOU SAY VEGAS IT;S A TRADE OFF. I HAVE RUN MOCKS WHERE I END UP WITH 6 DBS BUT THIS TIME I PICKRF OTHRT AREAS AS WELL. I'LL KEEP POSTING SO TOU CAN DISSECT THEM, FROM AROUND PICK150 ON I'M LOOKING FOR ATHLETES IN NEED POSIYIONS . I MISSED ON GUERENFO AT RB ON YJAT ONE.
TODAY @ 9:55 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
Wiggins is a polarizing prospect for me.  When I watch his stuff, I both love and despise him.  He's grabby at times.  Other times he shows great acceleration up towards a pass.  Then on deep crossers, that extra gear doesn't show up.  And I can't get over just how slight of build he is on the field.  There's no hips there and when he wears small shoulder pads, he looks like a bobble head out there.  If GB can get him playing at 185-190 (of good weight) then I'm more on board with him.  But if he is in that 175-180 range now, I'm passing in the first round.
TODAY @ 9:53 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
From OSD...
25.Cooper DeJeanS Iowa
41.Ruke OrhorhoroDT Clemson
58.Edgerrin CooperLB Texas A&M
90.Jeremiah Trotter Jr.LB Clemson
91.Sedrick Van Pran-GrangerOC Georgia
126.Zak ZinterOG Michigan
138.Jaylen WrightRB Tennessee
202.Myles ColeEDGE Texas Tech
219.Frank CrumOT Wyoming
245.Carter BradleyQB South Alabama
255.Jaylen KeyS Alabama

If Dejean is there at 25, it is a huge no brainer.  Great player who fills our biggest hole.  
I'm not a fan of a DL in the second, usually.  But I do like the player.
Love the Cooper pick, in fact, I'd flip flop him and Ruke.
Trotter is a "safe" fall back ILB at that spot.
I really, and I mean REALLY like Van Pran.
I feel the same way about Zinter.
Wright is great value there, and with how our roster is right now?  That may be the earliest we see GB take a RB.
Not a Cole fan, but I like EDGE where you got him.
I don't know anyting about Crum, Bradley or Key.

Seems to me like we "missed" on a safety.  May have to look at one in place of Ruke.  DTD would be nice there, as would Hicks.
We also miss out on top OT talent in a loaded draft class.  But....you got a starting caliber center and guard.  So to me it is a nice trade off.
Taking back to back ILB doesn't make a lot of sense, though I do like both of those guys.  However, that Kentucky ILB, Wallace is someone I'd look at taking, maybe even before Trotter.  He seems built to be a Will and should be a force on specials with the new rules.
So within that draft, there are spots to take a safety, so I'd say it was a nicely done mock.

4/22/24 @ 10:13 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
OSD-  I would love to see GB get Zintner and Wright at those two spots. As you know I have been calling for DeJean since the season ended but not sure I would move up (lose picks) to get him. Wiggins frame/weight are a concern for me. We already have 1-CB who really does not like to tackle. Of course it is hard to ignore his elite speed. Still a pass for me and I would definitely not be a fan of Nubin at #25.  Still would be OK with Barton at #25 but am pretty sure Fatanau/Powers Johnson will be gone. A "no" on Mims at #25. He should have been on the field before this year with his size/athletic skills. Cooper/LB in the 2nd rd would be a good pick (imo) and like Safety a definite area of need.  

Saw Gute's press conference today. Of course like every GM he is playing poker this time of year and not giving away too much information. It was interesting when he mentioned they thought about taking Kraft in round 2 last year.  Just remember we traded down twice in that round. Gave up a chance for Branch who had a great rookie year at Safety for the Lions but we ended up getting Jayden Reed later in Rd2..Picked Wicks and Brooks with the additional 5th/6th rd picks. Gute uses TT's old line of wanting "more swings" during the draft and it certainly worked last year.  Only 3 days away.    

4/22/24 @ 7:53 PM
olswampdog
User since 10/6/04
MY LAYESY MOCK

25.Cooper DeJeanS Iowa
41.Ruke OrhorhoroDT Clemson
58.Edgerrin CooperLB Texas A&M
90.Jeremiah Trotter Jr.LB Clemson
91.Sedrick Van Pran-GrangerOC Georgia
126.Zak ZinterOG Michigan
138.Jaylen WrightRB Tennessee
202.Myles ColeEDGE Texas Tech
219.Frank CrumOT Wyoming
245.Carter BradleyQB South Alabama
255.Jaylen KeyS Alabama

4/22/24 @ 7:18 PM
olswampdog
User since 10/6/04
STARTINH TO SEE NUBIN SHOW UP ON SOME MOCKS.  IS HE WORTH A 1 AND WOULD YOU TRADE UP FOR dEJEAN, IF SO HOW FAR AND WHAT WOULD YOU GIVE UP THOUGHTS ON WIGGINS IF HE'S THERE AND NOT DEJEAN????

4/22/24 @ 2:55 PM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
MLF has said recently he isn’t concerned too much about the personnel they have currently with the defensive change. I’ll go with with what the Head Coach says and I’ll stick with Safety, DB, OT, and Linebacker. Everyone’s opinion means nothing until Thursday. 
4/22/24 @ 8:02 AM
ibfishn
User since 8/2/01
I don't know why but I don't want Mims anywhere near a Packers uniform.  I think that kid has bust written all over him.

I know I have been on record as saying I'm not in favor of taking a DT early but if Maason Smith is still there late in the 2nd round I think they have to really take a hard look at him.   His potential and versatility in the new scheme would be off the charts.  

I know it's not a popular opinion but I'm still all in on taking an interior offensive linemen with our first pick.  Even if it means trading back to get the right value.

4/21/24 @ 12:02 AM
Stitzo
User since 6/15/01
As we quantify x&o guys out here. 
Those guys have to go thru probably the most intense personal job interviews anywhere. 
It’s not HR in a company atmosphere anywhere.

It’s The Guy.

If he says yes…it’s a dang good day. 

We have a pretty dang good The Guy. 

4/20/24 @ 10:35 PM
Stitzo
User since 6/15/01
When I stated “I’m in Green Bay”…that is dang good thing. 

Oh boy, can I recall the days when a guy might call a fourth cousin, 3 times removed to tell them he was in Green Bay. “I don’t know what i’m gonna do”. 

I remember those years. 
4/20/24 @ 10:24 PM
Stitzo
User since 6/15/01
And he gets some dang quality coaching to work with him. 
Keep tabs on him folks. Maybe buy his jersey when he’s found his home here. 
4/20/24 @ 10:09 PM
Stitzo
User since 6/15/01
Yes, Dillard has had his downsides. 
But here’s this.
He says to himself, “Self, I’m 28 years old and I won’t get another shot. I’m in Green Bay. I was drafted as a first.
What is my legacy to my kids going to be?”

Don’t sell the young man short as far as his personal motivation. 

Good enough for Gute to see & understand something there,  Good enough for me to see how it goes. 
4/19/24 @ 4:34 PM
olswampdog
User since 10/6/04
POTENTIAL

https://wsucougars.com/sports/football/roster/andre-dillard/5368
Displaying 1 to 15 of 68,012 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE