GREEN BAY PACKERS

7/31/02 @ 5:12 PM
ORIGINAL POST
tim
tim
USER since 6/19/01
Green Bay Packers. Lets talk.........................
Edited on 1/15/12 7:30 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 59,710 Posts
TODAY @ 5:44 PM
River Gnat
River Gnat
USER since 8/28/18

Bears only 5pt favs at home due to their anemic offense! Defense great but unlike Rams, Rodgers will not throw picks and the Pack plays well in cold weather. Winnable game if offensive line is intact and they aren't playing for draft positioning! One way or another, Pack always finds a way to beat the Bears!

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 5:11 PM
ibfishn
ibfishn
USER since 8/2/01
I definitely agree Vegas we dont get consistent pressure like the Bears do BUT the one thing that Pettine does well (probably as well as any defensive coordinator I've ever seen) is pick his time and type of blitz and usually when he does that we get a big play out of it. As games go on he seems to get a feel for what offenses are doing and how they are blocking and reacting to certain things we are doing and then he dials up something that takes advantage of that.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 4:22 PM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03

Usually QB's go high.  But...this year some of those teams already have young QB's.  Bosa is probably the first overall pick.  Ferrell and Allen are likely top 10 guys.  Right now I see a very clear difference in talent from those three to any other pass rushers.  Kindda digging a corner named "Greedy".  But I may vomit in my mouth a little if they have to take a corner with that first overall pick...again.

But...point well taken.  Right now OSD is somewhere watching draft prospects knowing that todays 4'th or 5'th round sleeper may vault to a late one or early second round pick!!!

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 3:56 PM
Drahts
Drahts
USER since 9/8/17

Guys always slip, guys always fall on draft day.  Go to any draft, including last years, and you will see this.  Hopefully we don't have to move at all to draft an impact player with our first selection..  One of the top guys of today may drop to where we pick at 9 or 12 or whatever.  Sure would help though if we picked at 7.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 3:51 PM
Western Extreme
Western Extreme
USER since 12/17/17

My friend is a redskins fan and told me today that HaHa was a dumpster fire yesterday. Glad that guy is gone. Oh wait Randall said last week we trade away our best players. Lol 

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 3:47 PM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03

Saw a tweet...Gruden (Washington) wont' commit to starting Ha-Ha next week!  

Sacks wise...look at who the sacks came against.  Poor teams.  And, there is a difference between sacks and pressures.  GB gets very little pressure on the QB....especially compared to other teams.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 3:32 PM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

Lack of pass rush? We’re tied with Denver and Chicago in 4th place in the league for sacks! Wow????

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 3:26 PM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03

That's the only thing holding GB back...lack of turnovers.  I attribute that to lack of pass rush.  Wait till GB makes a deal and gets Bosa, Ferrell or even Allen.  They should get an impact EDGE kid for 5 years at a fraction of the cost of Mack...and 5 years should be the Rodgers window.  That should be the goal with those two first round picks.

I'm not so sure I'm into this whole "best available player" with their first pick and that late first.  I'd rather they deal up and grab an impact kid.

I know an argument can be made either way, but I'm tired of watching our later first round picks not get second contracts.  I'd rather take a shot at a top pass rusher...especially in this draft.  Trade both firsts for a first and a third or fourth.  Go get the kid you want/need, then look at BPA for the entire rest of the draft.

Roquan Smith wise...tell yah what, IB.  I was no fan of his to GB last year.  That will probably forever cloud my judgement of him.  But...I'll watch him and let you know when/if I change my mind ala Kenny Clark.  I was wrong about Clark, big time and I'll say that about Smith, if I see it play out that way.  It'll probably just take longer for me to admit it than it should.  :)

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 3:10 PM
ibfishn
ibfishn
USER since 8/2/01
No doubt the Bears defense is great...at times.  Statistically the Packers actually have a higher ranked pass defense and actually have the same number of sacks.   Now I know there are alot of different things that play into that but the Bears defense is very up and down from week to week and they live on creating turnovers. 

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 2:59 PM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03

Regarding Roquan...I haven't really seen him, outside of their national games, in which I tune in and out and the GB game.  I saw a kid that very much benefited from a great line in front of him and two elite edge players.

And keep in mind...I really didn't like him coming out.  Too small.  Not good in coverage.  I had Van Esch rated a lot higher.  Van Esch could have played Edge.  Loved his long arms and frame compared to Roquan.

I think that Bears defense is great.  Great scheme, great DC, playmakers on every single level.  No weakness.  They mask decent corners with great zone schemes and unreal pressure from the middle and edge.  Martinez would look like Urlacher in that scheme, and I like Blake, but that scheme will make everyone look better.

But...IB....I'll look forward to watching Roquan when we play them next. I'll look to see how far he's come.

And...shouldn't the staff be playing Burks?  He's got like a dozen defensive snaps in the last 5 games or so.  That's a horrible use of draft capital there right now...and they should give him a chance to see if he has a future or if GB needs to draft another ILB relatively high.

I'm not usually for drafting an ILB high...but that LSU kid is pretty amazing on tape.  Better than any ILB I've seen coming out in a long time.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 59,710 Posts