MORE
General Discussion

GREEN BAY PACKERS

7/31/02 @ 6:12 PM
INITIAL POST
tim
tim
User since 6/19/01
Green Bay Packers. Lets talk.........................
Displaying 1 to 15 of 68,027 posts
TODAY @ 10:35 AM
Stitzo
User since 6/15/01
Agree Vegas—
Too much talent here to let 2nds go. Immediate impact guys. 
A lot would most likely be firsts in previous years. 

These aren’t previous years. These young men are coming out faster and stronger. And driven to get here from an early age. 

Plus…..these guys got back-swatted by covid. 

Strap your boots on Packer Nation. 
This is gonna be a fun roller coaster ride. 

HOW FUN!!!

TODAY @ 10:09 AM
Stitzo
User since 6/15/01
Yes gsm—for the first time I’m gonna watch the draft. 
Mainly to see how things are gonna go up top. 

Oh how fun!! 

We’ll see what the GM’s around the league have learned to try to gain NFL competitional parity.

I’ll prolly nap after. I guarantee you my naps will be interrupted by…”AND THE GREEN BAY PACKERS”…

Go Pack Go!!
TODAY @ 10:01 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
Pick 25 does have a lot of trade history.
I still feel like we can move up or down, but if we go up, it will be with no more than a 3rd round pick, so we are likely looking at moving up to 19-20 or something like that.  I don't see us wanting to give up one of our second round picks.

Wiggins.  Not saying I really like him, he's polarizing to me and he's just really slight.  But if he's there against guys like Mims and Guyton I think he's who GB would select.

We shall see soon enough.
TODAY @ 9:23 AM
gordonsetterman
gordonsetterman
PRO MEMBER User since 12/15/08
Wouldn’t surprise me to sit up all night waiting for the Pack to make their pick only to hear…”The 25th pick has been traded to the ….whoever”……Wouldn’t be the first time
TODAY @ 8:00 AM
olswampdog
User since 10/6/04
Eyabi Okie-Anoma, EDGE, Charlotte.  No real testing done, but he is pretty big and long, good speed and power.  Just very rqw, MY TURN TO DISSECT. HAS BEEN TO 5 SCHOOKD GETTINH BOOTED FROM 2 6-5  360 WITH 80 INCH WING SPAN. HIGHLY RECRUITED OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL IN ALABAMA
TODAY @ 7:24 AM
hunt-fish-campfire-beer
hunt-fish-campfire-beer
PRO MEMBER User since 2/15/23
Looking forward to the draft....
GREEN BAY PACKERS photo by hunt-fish-campfire-beer
4/24/24 @ 9:30 PM
Stitzo
User since 6/15/01
Let’s see how the highest board guy meets with the fit thought & potential movement value

I have a guy in mind. 

Easy for for me to say after. 

I’ll Boo-Yah for myself if it goes. 
4/24/24 @ 8:59 PM
Stitzo
User since 6/15/01
Gently folks. 
The pick will show the thought that went into it. 
Steady, folks. Steady, steady. 
It is a team need that is best for the team to best compete. 
Did I say, steady?

4/24/24 @ 8:03 PM
Stitzo
User since 6/15/01
As my dear, 10 year younger sister has told me forever, whenever going into a new experience…
“Oh, how fun!!!”

Starting toward the top, this one is gonna be dang fun to see how it plays out.
I haven’t kept tabs on Day 1 drafts in the past.
Quality GM’s and visions of the process weren’t in place and are in better place now. Pretty much across most of 

“HI THERE!! HOW YOU DOIN’ Buddy! Yeah, I know it’s been a bit.”

Gute will hold his board. Prolly will build a better board, heh, heh. 

4/24/24 @ 5:50 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
"One of the things we've done pretty good with our offensive line in the past is being versatile enough that guys can play inside, play outside, so there's not just one-position players," said Gutekunst. "We'll probably try to continue that as we go forward."

Comments from Gute yesterday. Yes, it could be a smoke screen but it might be an indication they would stay away from guys like Guyton, Mims etc..  
4/24/24 @ 10:45 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
My "What the Heck Do I Know" Mock.
1.25  Cooper DeJean, CB/S, Iowa.  Most boring and predictable pick, if he is there.
2.41  Patrick Paul, OT, Houston.  9.8 RAS score.  Pff liked his play last year.  And he too is a very large man.
2.58  Edgerrin Cooper, LB, Texas A&M.  Another boring and predictable pick, if he is there.
3.88  Khyree Jackson, CB, Oregon.  9.42 RAS.  Has size, too.
3.91  Mason McCormick, G, S Dakota State.  9.96 RAS.
4.125  T-Vondre Sweat, DL, Texas.  Seems like the right spot to take a swing at him if he is there.  
5.168  Trevon Wallace, ILB, Kentucky.  9.65 RAS.  Need to re-stock that ILB room, and this kid can fly, should be good on specials right away.
6.201  James Williams, S/LB, Miami.  Hybrid type S player. 
7.245   Frank Gore Jr, RB, Southern Miss.  I think we really like our 3 RB's right now.  No need to take one earlier in a weak RB class.
7.255  Eyabi Okie-Anoma, EDGE, Charlotte.  No real testing done, but he is pretty big and long, good speed and power.  Just very raw.

4/23/24 @ 8:42 PM
olswampdog
User since 10/6/04
NEXT I GOT PLENTY OF OTS FOR YOUVEGAS.
25.Cooper DeJeanS Iowa
41.Edgerrin CooperLB Texas A&M
59.Payton WilsonLB NC State
88.Calen BullockS USC
95.Jonathon BrooksRB Texas
123.Jared WileyTE TCU
131.Isaac GuerendoRB Louisville
202.Tommy EichenbergLB Ohio State
219.Frank CrumOT Wyoming
228.Julian PearlOT Illinois
250.Carter BradleyQB South Alabama
255.Walter RouseOT Ok

4/23/24 @ 8:31 PM
olswampdog
User since 10/6/04
I THINK BOTH COOPER AND WILSON COULD PLAY ANY OF THE 4 LB SPOTS.
4/23/24 @ 8:29 PM
olswampdog
User since 10/6/04
GREEN BAY PACKERS photo by olswampdog
4/23/24 @ 7:42 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
I am certainly OK with getting at least 2-OL in the first four rounds. Deepest part of the draft (WR other) and you can never have too many good OL.   Have always liked Caleb Jones and this is a make/break year for him. Tetanu has been hurt quite a bit and of course they added Dillard for some depth/competition. We will see what Steno/Butkus/MLF really think about the existing tackle group by this weekend. As Vegas mentioned some good development guys out there.   
Displaying 1 to 15 of 68,027 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE