GREEN BAY PACKERS

7/31/02 @ 5:12 PM
ORIGINAL POST
tim
tim
USER since 6/19/01
Green Bay Packers. Lets talk.........................
Edited on 1/15/12 7:30 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 60,619 Posts
1/18/19 @ 3:55 PM
perch chaser
perch chaser
USER since 2/6/03

Looks to me Adam Stenavich was hired because he had worked before with Laflur and is familiar with his run and blocking schemes. Probaly means drafting more NFL ready linemen rather then trying to coach them up.... (James Campen).

Post Your Comment
1/16/19 @ 1:25 PM
olswampdog
olswampdog
USER since 10/6/04

Pretty much born into the west coast offense.

Post Your Comment
1/16/19 @ 1:01 PM
ibfishn
ibfishn
USER since 8/2/01

Crossing routes off play action seem to be a staple of the Shanahan/McVey offenses so I would expect to see alot of that here.  Unlike MM they like to work the middle of the field.

Post Your Comment
1/16/19 @ 12:16 PM
IceManKimi
IceManKimi
USER since 7/20/07

I don't take stock in fan bases who talk about coaches and players after they leave. These days of social media, you RARELY hear anything good from them. 

Not only that but in our case, LaFleur will be calling the plays. 

Post Your Comment
1/16/19 @ 12:12 PM
benuts
benuts
USER since 1/19/02
Down Town Tony Brown!

Post Your Comment
1/16/19 @ 11:30 AM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03

Well, if the fans on the Jags boards are to be believed...we should get used to runs up the middle and 5 yard crossing routes.  That's about what Hackett called.  They were quite happy to see him gone.  Then again, his QB was pretty terrible.

Guessing Lafleur will be a little more advanced than that.....

Brown, the corner, really came on late in the year.  I thought early on, he was waaayyyy too cocky out there.  But, he looked like he toned it down a notch later on.  I think they found a nice UDFA there...again at corner.  I worry about the attitude, though.  He needs to play and knock off the celebrating.  But, he's a good young one to add to that stable of d-backs.

Edited on 1/16/19 11:31 AM
Post Your Comment
1/16/19 @ 10:19 AM
olswampdog
olswampdog
USER since 10/6/04

Moore played in a spread offense and really only ran one side of the field. As IB said, limited route tree. Like Vegas says, couldn't catch a cold last year so the juggs machine is in his off season. Another drawback is in GB's offense where, according to Vegas' numbers, the majority of the throws are outside the hashmarks, he had a problem where larger DBs would force him into the sidelines. So, in the slot with normally smaller DBs on him (whom he dominated in college) and his ridiculous quickness (6.56 compared to Edelman's 6.62 3 cone) he could dominate crossing routes. That is if GB actually runs some.

Post Your Comment
1/16/19 @ 9:38 AM
ibfishn
ibfishn
USER since 8/2/01
Brown is an intriguing kid.  Ultra competitive,  great physical tools. Could be a real diamond in the rough if he can be coached up.

Post Your Comment
1/16/19 @ 9:10 AM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03

I had forgotten about Davis.  He can be upgraded.

If Moore's issue was the playbook?  Well...could be.  I thought his issue was hands.  That kid has amazing quickness.  I'd preach patience with that one as he has an elite skillset.  Size/quickness.

But yes, there is a numbers game there.  It will be fun to see the improvement in those guys from year one to year two.  Same in the corners.  Gonna be some fun training camp battles between MVS, ESB, Moore and Kumerow against Alexander, Jackson and Brown.

Post Your Comment
1/15/19 @ 5:14 PM
ibfishn
ibfishn
USER since 8/2/01

Word was that Moore's biggest problem last year was that he just couldn't grasp the offense.  One of the biggest questions about him coming out of college was his limited route tree (only had 3 basic routes) and how long (if ever) it would take him to get up to speed with NFL offenses and now he has to try to learn an entirely new one.

I'm just playing the numbers game...with the assumption that Kumerow and Allison are back, Adams, ESB, MVS and IF healthy Davis is the special teams return guy. That leaves one spot if they keep 7 and assuming they draft a slot WR.   It'll be interesting to see what Gute does.

Edited on 1/15/19 5:15 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 60,619 Posts