GREEN BAY PACKERS

7/31/02 @ 5:12 PM
ORIGINAL POST
tim
tim
USER since 6/19/01
Green Bay Packers. Lets talk.........................
Edited on 1/15/12 7:30 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 53,960 Posts
TODAY @ 10:34 AM
icebelt
icebelt
USER since 10/22/13

The defence plays good enough to stay in the game,but the can't be out on the field the whole game.the team has talent. The problem is this quarterback he is to slow from bringing the team to the line,reading the D,and after the snap of the ball. Maybe he plays well in practice but he lacks in the game. The game is to fast for him. Rodgers 4 and 1 Dumbley 1 and 4. Same overall talent on the field for both. Just give us a little upgrade at that position and maybe they  have 7 wins and we hope for a Rodgers return to make a run.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 10:22 AM
Drahts
Drahts
USER since 9/8/17

Rodgers is indeed that good pike.  So is Bree's, Rivers, Wilson, Prescott, Brady, Prescott and others to varying degrees.  They are all very good players at the most important position.  We lost to Baltimore because of terrible QB play.  We were missing multiple key players in that game but the QB position is what did us in.  Vikings hit gold with Keenum, a player who couldn't stick on near 1/2 dozen teams.  He's not a real good QB, but he can manage a game.  As long as their defense stays as healthy as it's been overall they have a chance.  A very beatable team though and there's a lot of season left.

No teams talent can help them if they aren't on the field.  Over time only one team has won more consistently than the Packers.  That isn't opinion, it's fact.  If the Packers staff made a mistake it was not getting a quality backup for 12.  I can see the thinking though, there are few QB's available and if 12 goes down long term it would be a tough throw anyway.  Same if it was long term for most any other team.  Difference is some teams like NE have been able to float for a few games, our back up is either so bad or so raw we can't.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 10:12 AM
Drahts
Drahts
USER since 9/8/17

No problem Stang, and you're welcome!

Now let's look at this from your point of view and gain your insight.  You claim we have no talent yet we have the same record as the Cowboys and they HAVE their QB healthy.  How can that be?  Where would they be without Prescott?  How can it be we have only one win less than the Falcons and Chiefs and Seahawks and they HAVE their QB's.  How can that be?  Where would they be without their starting QB's?  The Saints have stunk for years before and since their Super Bowl win even when they had Drew Bree's healthy.  How can that be?  We could go on and on here but point made.  When you look around the league our past and present talent level stands out as top notch.  When your talent is on the bench it can't help you.

The team got healthy late in the year in 2010 and we were able to get it done.  Packers had a great year the following year yet even with 12 healthy they couldn't get back to the big game.  Football happens.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 10:02 AM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

Baltimore had just one of the five offenseive linemen from the start of the year starting last weekend. Vikings have lost what appeared to be a superstar running back in Cook.  Diggs and Griffen are banged up right now from my understanding, and their first two quarterbacks are out and they are on their third string guy. These are just two examples I can think of off the top of my head…All  teams deal with injuries. Personally, I think what the Packers lack, are those 5 to 7 superstar impact players all over the field at different positions. Game changers. Usually teams seem to be able to build around those types of players. And, certainly injuries have been a factor, as guys have been in and out each week for the Packers,  but if you look at the first 22 guys who started the year on offense/defense, most of the guys are still there. so, to me, it comes down to two options. One - Aaron Ridgers is that good, Or two, is this team lacking game changers on both sides of the ball?

Edited on 11/22/17 10:04 AM
Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 9:02 AM
stangl52
stangl52
USER since 6/23/06

well it' a good thing we have experts like you dra......you are gods gift to football. I bet you played a mean waterboy in HS.  literally, when I go for football info, I look to you. your amazing. please keep enlightening us with your wisdom.  I want to be like you. truly. my whole thought process has changed. this truly is the most talented team in the NFL. we are amazing. I am so excited for our future.

thank you. thank you so much for setting me straight.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 8:46 AM
sassy 1
sassy 1
USER since 8/25/09

Can't wait to see what our genius coach Mike McCarthy has up his sleeve for Sunday night go pack go

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 8:15 AM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03

2010 can happen again.  Two years from now.  GB is going to get high picks in the draft...and they have comp picks.  Rodgers isn't going anywhere and the defense is decent and young.  This is the year to re-stock the cupboards and hope that they develop like those young guys that OSD just mentioned.

2010...again...I just looked at the IR report.  While there were a lot on the report, not many stars.  Finley was probably the biggest name.  Tauscher, but they had just draft Bulaga and he stepped in nicely.  Barnett, no big loss.  Ryan Grant, was a loss but he was at the end of his career at that time.  Mike Neal...always injured then.  Justin Harrell.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 7:34 AM
Drahts
Drahts
USER since 9/8/17

Stang, you’re not delusional and you mean well.  But you are the stereotypical clueless fan.  Your focus is narrow, you have no perspective in terms of history or facts in general.  When players like TJ Lang talk about fans being clueless they’re talking about fans like you.  But yeah, go Pack!

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 5:54 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

Go Pack Go!!!! Beat Steelers!!!!!! Go Pack Go!!!!!! Wwwhhhhhoooooooo!!!!

Post Your Comment
11/21/17 @ 9:02 PM
stangl52
stangl52
USER since 6/23/06

drahts.......you are probably the most delusial Packer fan in the history of the planet. pure idiotic delusion. 

what ever your smoking or drinking, send some to me. I need me some delusion in my life!!! haha!

Edited on 11/21/17 9:03 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 53,960 Posts