GREEN BAY PACKERS

7/31/02 @ 5:12 PM
ORIGINAL POST
tim
tim
USER since 6/19/01
Green Bay Packers. Lets talk.........................
Edited on 1/15/12 7:30 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 59,713 Posts
TODAY @ 9:26 PM
rpole
rpole
USER since 6/18/01

they were talking about the 'pass rush' and amount of sacks on the radio a week or 2 ago.  and some gave credit to Pettine and rightfully so, on using dbacks etc to get at the QB.  but none talked about how if they don't get home with a blitzing corner or safety, it leaves the rest vulnerable.  to me a 'pass rush' doesn't involve gimmics and dbacks.  that stuff is great when it works but puts pressure on the rest of the D.   the Bears, unfortunately have a very good true pass rush.   hope like heck they are smart and do what they did the first game with quick passes.  if Rodgers wants the big play too often, he may not finish the game.   fingers crossed the whole team puts it together again and knock the Bears off!!!

side note, that was just one heck of a catch by Diggs!  dang!!!!

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 6:44 PM
Ulbian
Ulbian
USER since 9/24/03

McKenzie’s fate was sealed when the Raiders hired Gruden and anointed him as their czar. His overall record with Oakland wasn’t the best but that organization is the epitome of dysfunctional. He guided them out of the salary cap hell that Al Davis left them in. They did have a 12 win season not too long ago and then the wheels fell off and they brought in that carpetbagger for a coach. Sure, Gruden won a Super Bowl in Tampa but this time around he won’t be riding on the coattails of a program built by Tony Dungy. 

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 6:33 PM
IceManKimi
IceManKimi
USER since 7/20/07

ibfishn reported earlier that Reggie McKenzie got whacked. That's another guy that over-stayed his welcome like Thompson did. 

I'm glad Packer Nation is smart enough not to post that we've got to get him. 

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 5:44 PM
River Gnat
River Gnat
USER since 8/28/18

Bears only 5pt favs at home due to their anemic offense! Defense great but unlike Rams, Rodgers will not throw picks and the Pack plays well in cold weather. Winnable game if offensive line is intact and they aren't playing for draft positioning! One way or another, Pack always finds a way to beat the Bears!

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 5:11 PM
ibfishn
ibfishn
USER since 8/2/01
I definitely agree Vegas we dont get consistent pressure like the Bears do BUT the one thing that Pettine does well (probably as well as any defensive coordinator I've ever seen) is pick his time and type of blitz and usually when he does that we get a big play out of it. As games go on he seems to get a feel for what offenses are doing and how they are blocking and reacting to certain things we are doing and then he dials up something that takes advantage of that.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 4:22 PM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03

Usually QB's go high.  But...this year some of those teams already have young QB's.  Bosa is probably the first overall pick.  Ferrell and Allen are likely top 10 guys.  Right now I see a very clear difference in talent from those three to any other pass rushers.  Kindda digging a corner named "Greedy".  But I may vomit in my mouth a little if they have to take a corner with that first overall pick...again.

But...point well taken.  Right now OSD is somewhere watching draft prospects knowing that todays 4'th or 5'th round sleeper may vault to a late one or early second round pick!!!

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 3:56 PM
Drahts
Drahts
USER since 9/8/17

Guys always slip, guys always fall on draft day.  Go to any draft, including last years, and you will see this.  Hopefully we don't have to move at all to draft an impact player with our first selection..  One of the top guys of today may drop to where we pick at 9 or 12 or whatever.  Sure would help though if we picked at 7.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 3:51 PM
Western Extreme
Western Extreme
USER since 12/17/17

My friend is a redskins fan and told me today that HaHa was a dumpster fire yesterday. Glad that guy is gone. Oh wait Randall said last week we trade away our best players. Lol 

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 3:47 PM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03

Saw a tweet...Gruden (Washington) wont' commit to starting Ha-Ha next week!  

Sacks wise...look at who the sacks came against.  Poor teams.  And, there is a difference between sacks and pressures.  GB gets very little pressure on the QB....especially compared to other teams.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 3:32 PM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

Lack of pass rush? We’re tied with Denver and Chicago in 4th place in the league for sacks! Wow????

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 59,713 Posts