GREEN BAY PACKERS

7/31/02 @ 6:12 PM
ORIGINAL POST
tim
tim
USER since 6/19/01
Green Bay Packers. Lets talk.........................
Edited on 1/15/12 8:30 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 57,204 Posts
9/19/18 @ 7:16 PM
hot fish grease
hot fish grease
USER since 12/14/09

Deep bone bruise or contusion no ligament damage 

Post Your Comment
9/19/18 @ 7:13 PM
Western Extreme
Western Extreme
USER since 12/17/17

Does anyone actually know what Rodgers knee injury is? Is it a sprain or MCL tear? 

Post Your Comment
9/19/18 @ 1:35 PM
ibfishn
ibfishn
USER since 8/2/01
Western...actually GBs defense is tied for 8th in the league in total number of sacks for the year.

Post Your Comment
9/19/18 @ 12:47 PM
CatfishHunter47
CatfishHunter47
USER since 1/16/07

The Dude, this is todays business mentality.  Never admit guilt or act usure of your decision until proven wrong.  That would show weakness.

Too bad people/organizations think weakness is more important than character these days.  

Post Your Comment
9/19/18 @ 12:29 PM
Western Extreme
Western Extreme
USER since 12/17/17

I agree 100% Dude. The league made this even worse by not admitting a mistake. 

Now the report is that China doll 2.0 is out for the game against the skins. No way the Queens would of came back if king played the second half. We really need him to stay healthy. 

Wonder that the record low is for sacks and pressure for the Pack. I have a feeling we might come close to it this yr. 

Post Your Comment
9/19/18 @ 11:52 AM
the_dude
the_dude
USER since 1/10/03

We are all human and I don't expect perfection from anyone.  What separates the "men" from the "boys" is the ability to acknowledge mistakes and try to not commit them again.  

However, when evaluating the call, the league office doubled down claiming Clay violated the following rule:  Rule 12, Section 2, Article 9 of the NFL rule book states that the “technique of grabbing the passer from behind the leg(s), scooping and pulling in an upward motion is considered a foul.”

I've watched the replay many times.  Clay does none of those things.

Had the NFL come out and said it was the incorrect application of the rule and they would be working with referees to unsure that this rule was more consistently applied, I could have accepted it.

But instead, not only to they agree with the ruling, they are going to use the tape to teach teams how not to hit the quarterback.  That is a level of stubbornness and stupidity that I simply can't comprehend.

When faced with a simple choice, the NFL consistently decides being a "man" is just too hard.  What isn't hard for me to comprehend is why the NFL viewership numbers continue to trend downwards.  

Post Your Comment
9/19/18 @ 10:39 AM
Poison...
Poison...
USER since 3/14/18

I got to the point you’re at Dude a couple years ago and cut out fantasy sports this year so I could completely unplug from the rest of the league. The replacement ref fiasco was the first turn of the knife for me.

Post Your Comment
9/19/18 @ 10:15 AM
Drahts
Drahts
USER since 9/8/17

dude guy times 2

Post Your Comment
9/19/18 @ 9:49 AM
the_dude
the_dude
USER since 1/10/03

And to be clear, I fully support taking the head hits out of the game.  Clay's hit was a near perfect form tackle.  I don't know how you can take that out of the game and still call it tackle football.

Post Your Comment
9/19/18 @ 9:47 AM
the_dude
the_dude
USER since 1/10/03

Why is the hell should I invest my time, attention and devotion to the game and to my team, when the BS that happened Sunday, could happen every week.

I couldn't agree more.  Clay's hit should be used to show players exactly how to hit in the NFL.  But instead the NFL is using it to show teams what is illegal.  It is a joke and the NFL has lost me.  I'm not saying I'm boycotting, but I will now only watch the Packers if I don't have something better to do rather than making it a top priority.  And fall in Wisconsin, 9 times out of 10 I'll have something better to do.  The rules committee has ruined the game.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 57,204 Posts