GREEN BAY PACKERS

7/31/02 @ 6:12 PM
ORIGINAL POST
tim
tim
USER since 6/19/01
Green Bay Packers. Lets talk.........................
Edited on 1/15/12 8:30 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 56,230 Posts
5/24/18 @ 9:25 PM
ibfishn
ibfishn
USER since 8/2/01
Marcedes Lewis signed.  Good depth signing at TE. Not much of a receiving threat but his blocking will help the running game. 

Post Your Comment
5/23/18 @ 2:14 PM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03

Yancey was pathetic last year.  I believe if Dupree hadn't taken that vicious hit, he would have taking Yancey's place either on the roster or PS.

He's an average athlete and a body catcher.  I thought Clark looked better than him.

Conventional wisdom says that all 3 WR's aren't making the roster.  But...I think all three have higher upsides than Clark, Davis and Yancey.  It will be interesting to watch.

Post Your Comment
5/23/18 @ 1:13 PM
Drahts
Drahts
USER since 9/8/17

Yancy no doubt.  He lost 15 pounds from last year, obviously motivated.  Spent last year working with the scout team often with 12.  He is one to watch.  I think Davis is toast.  As it sits I'd bet 2 of the 3 drafted rookies make the team.  That leaves Yancy, Clark and the other drafted rookie as most likely to win the last spot.  As it sits.

Post Your Comment
5/23/18 @ 12:49 PM
olswampdog
olswampdog
USER since 10/6/04

One other holdover from last year to throw in the wide receiver mix is DeAngelo Yancy. Very similar in measureables to Adams and now has a year in the system.

Post Your Comment
5/23/18 @ 12:01 PM
Drahts
Drahts
USER since 9/8/17

No doubt Spriggs has disappointed, but many linemen take time to develop.  I thought when he played later in the year before his last injury Spriggs had showed improvement.  No reason he can't take a major step this year, and he has to.  Murphy I was impressed with as the year went on before the injury.   Left tackle is out of position for him but he held his own when pressed to play/practice at the position.  He played guard, he played right tackle.  I think right tackle is his best position, but recently read some football people believe he would be best inside with his overall makeup in our system.  If Murphy takes a step forward he's starter material.  Bulaga reports say is ahead of schedule, and he is great when healthy.  I believe we start with Bulaga at RT, who we finish with is up in the air.

I saw Madison as a guard, maybe right tackle does better serve him.  One thing is for sure, he will likely get a chance to practice at all 5 positions.   Our coaches demand it.  If you're going to back up you'd better be versatile.

Post Your Comment
5/23/18 @ 10:54 AM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03

Just my thoughts as an outside observer...GB must like their offensive line grouping.  They only drafted one guy, Madison, and he was a 5'th rounder.  No free agent vets were brought in.

Tells me this..Bulaga could be healthier than what we think.

Could be that they have a lot of faith in Murphy and/or Spriggs.

What I think?  Spriggs has been a disaster.  Hard for me to imagine him making a jump to a starting caliber lineman in the league. I can't remember being this down, this quickly on a second round pick.  He's shown nothing and I mean nothing.  And even before his injury, there was no apparent second year jump from him.

Murphy..liked him better than Spriggs, lack of footspeed makes me think he's best suited for RT.  Did see the second year jump from him.

Neither of them at their best are as good as Bulaga at 85% of what he was a few years ago.

Wildcard is Bulaga's health and....Madison.  I can't help but see a young Mark Tauscher in him...physically and in how he plays with that great footspeed.  He's my dark horse candidate to lock down the RT position.

Also feel that Lucas Patrick showed pretty good last year...enough to be a backup guard/center kid.

Post Your Comment
5/22/18 @ 4:06 PM
olswampdog
olswampdog
USER since 10/6/04

Is this an all or none year for Spriggs? Guy has all the athleticism in the world and no technique or anchor.

Post Your Comment
5/22/18 @ 3:08 PM
Drahts
Drahts
USER since 9/8/17

Before he tore the ACL the first time there was talk of Bulaga moving to left tackle, before the emergence of Bakhtiari.  I think he stays at right tackle with Murphy or Spriggs more likely to move inside for now if needed.  They will practice there, GB loves versatility for their non-starting linemen.  I really think McCray will win the job outright and earn it with good play.  Evans right now an insurance policy they likely won't have to cash in.  The rookie pick will push for the job too at some point.

Post Your Comment
5/22/18 @ 2:18 PM
ibfishn
ibfishn
USER since 8/2/01
Actually if McRay struggles and Murphy/Spriggs play well at RT I would not be at all surprised if they tried moving Bulaga inside when he comes back. In fact that could be the best plan overall. 

Post Your Comment
5/22/18 @ 1:15 PM
ibfishn
ibfishn
USER since 8/2/01
The CB situation is going to be fun to watch.  I think the only sure thing is that Williams will be one of the top 3 if he isn't injured.  I'm in no way automatically assuming King will be a starter. Let's face it he was not exactly impressive last year, he is rehabbing from his surgery and has a new defense to learn. Aside from who wins the #3 WR job this CB battle is going to be fun to watch all through camp. 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 56,230 Posts