GREEN BAY PACKERS

7/31/02 @ 6:12 PM
ORIGINAL POST
tim
tim
USER since 6/19/01
Green Bay Packers. Lets talk.........................
Edited on 1/15/12 8:30 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 56,441 Posts
8/17/18 @ 8:47 PM
gokansasbadgers
gokansasbadgers
USER since 11/4/10

Foles is fine, just a minor injury, Eagles fully except him back at Week 1.. Wentz is 90% chance to come back week 1.  They will be fine 

Post Your Comment
8/17/18 @ 8:18 PM
One shot one kill
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02

We may have a spare QB  to trade . But which one  ?

Post Your Comment
8/17/18 @ 8:11 PM
goons den
goons den
USER since 12/30/04

Eagles may be in trouble with Foles hurting shoulder and Wentz not ready.  OL looked bad from what little I saw of them.  

And screw the Queens.....

Post Your Comment
8/17/18 @ 6:56 PM
River Man
River Man
USER since 6/18/01

Love this time of year! Talking heads already putting the Pack in the SuperBowl if Rogers is healthy!! Along with Patriots, Steelers, and Rams! No Vikings or Eagles!??

Post Your Comment
8/17/18 @ 4:40 PM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03

I wasnt able to see all of the game...driving then dealing with wifi issues...but...

From what I saw..I agree that Kumerow and Gilbert made the team. So much so I wouldnt play them much the rest of the preseason. Gilbert is easily the best backup olb in camp. Then Fackrell and Biegle hasnt shown me much at all. Looks passive like he is thinking too much.

My only issue with Kumerow is whether or not he overtakes Allison as the 3rd wr.

Right now id release Davis/Yancey and keep the 3 rookies carrying 7.  Jmon gets the last spot. Or as speculated he gets "injured".

Young corners looking good. Old corners looking good. In between guys (Rollins) not so good.

Safeties havent shown much of anything.

Burks was bad in the first game. He wasnt good nor bad in this game. He improved. He moved quicker like he wasnt thinking as much.

Wish they would try Jones there and find a different safety on the back end.

Kudos to the gentleman who mentioned the kicking game!!

Post Your Comment
8/17/18 @ 12:21 PM
Drahts
Drahts
USER since 9/8/17
Look for individual performances this time of the year.  Forget about anything else, neither team is trying to win the game as a primary motive.  Vanilla defenses and bland offenses rule the day in pre-season.  The Packers do lack a prime piece at RB, as of now.  Maybe Jones or Williams will take a step.  No way to know until teams are calling all they have and trying to win games.

Post Your Comment
8/17/18 @ 12:18 PM
Fish Hound
Fish Hound
USER since 1/29/02

The Steelers blitzed all night, had the #1 offense stayed in I think the play calling and #12 would have burned them up enough to stop the blitzing and open up some more run game.

Post Your Comment
8/17/18 @ 12:02 PM
jaybeeturtle
jaybeeturtle
USER since 3/17/06

Do the Packerz have anyone that can run block?

Post Your Comment
8/17/18 @ 11:03 AM
Drahts
Drahts
USER since 9/8/17

Reggie Gilbert has made the most of his extensive time with the Packers, and he will no longer spend any of it on the PS.  I think Kumerow has made this team, hope the shoulder is OK.  Like the TE situation, the young guy Tonyan has looked good this camp, he and or Byrd destined for the PS. 

Starting O-line is very good, hope McCray is OK.  Backup O-linemen have to shake out yet, and Spriggs might get shaken free come last cuts.  Our run game is a concern, agree with swampdog.  I don't know what we have in Montgomery but I don't think much.  Williams made a great block in pass protect and he can catch.  He might tandem well with Jones, we'll see.  WR group is going to be good overall.  I really like our CB situation, not so sure about Safety.  Burks had another nice game.  He's a rook, he's going to make mistakes and he does.  But I like what I see there.  When our D-line can play as a group we have the makings of a really good force.  Overall, really like the roster.  Entertaining game last night.

Post Your Comment
8/17/18 @ 9:05 AM
shedhunter
shedhunter
USER since 1/28/08

Has anybody else noticed the kicking game seems to be on que.  Snapping holding and kicking and punting seem to be better than normal. Hope i didnt jinx them--Shed

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 56,441 Posts