GREEN BAY PACKERS

7/31/02 @ 5:12 PM
ORIGINAL POST
tim
tim
USER since 6/19/01
Green Bay Packers. Lets talk.........................
Edited on 1/15/12 7:30 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 53,916 Posts
11/20/17 @ 9:45 PM
Treeshark
Treeshark
USER since 4/5/09

Mike McCarthy is a highly successful head coach.

Post Your Comment
11/20/17 @ 9:06 PM
IceManKimi
IceManKimi
USER since 7/20/07

I dont think McCarthy's the problem. Injuries have been a major problem since day one. You can only do so much with what is given to you (see Ted Thompson). He IS being stubborn staying with Hundley, but I think Mac was trying to get Hundley's stock raised for a trade. The opposite has happened, now who knows what they'll do with Hundley if he keeps sucking eggs.                  I think Sunday night Mac will have him on a short leash. I'm not saying he's perfect, I'm just a fan, but he calls certain plays for a reason, not for the helluvit. There is something called "execution" that he is expecting.      

The same can't be said about the defense. Capers' defenses are almost always holding the Packers back, even when they had good talent. I can't remember how many times the Packers were destroyed on a blitz call by Capers. OCs know his habits.

I listen to national and local sports radio a lot and it's almost unanimous that McCarthy is an excellent coach. That being said, all the same shows today mentioned how much Hundley has shown little field vision, no pocket presence, missed passes, or just completely didn't see open receivers. Pretty tough to see all of that when you're practicing against your own defense, and a lousy defense at that. Don't give me any talk about how well the defense did yesterday. Baltimore had the 32nd ranked offense (I think). That's dead last, boys. 

Sorry for the long post, I hate reading them myself!! ??

Post Your Comment
11/20/17 @ 8:17 PM
Edge
Edge
MEMBER since 2/28/07

My opinion right from the beginning of the season is you could have a 3 arm QB and still not be a playoff threat. 

Rodgers QB Atlanta and lost. Had to play Cincinnati in overtime to win. The way the vikings played, I don't believe it would of mattered much who QB was.

There's a whole lot wrong. The defense sucked last year and they suck again.

Post Your Comment
11/20/17 @ 8:11 PM
icebelt
icebelt
USER since 10/22/13

This draft pick talk is nonsense, the packers can't pick a horse that is winning a race. All we here about is he's a project but with the talent of a Reggie White.

Post Your Comment
11/20/17 @ 6:58 PM
stangl52
stangl52
USER since 6/23/06

I kinda hope we lose every game the rest of the season  (which is a possability) for the following hopeful results of losing out:

1. the firing of TT

2. the firing of MM

3. the firing of Dumbo Capers

4. a higher draft choice of a capable future QB

what I know for sure, this team without a top tier QB, has average talent..

at best with players that are not capable of taking over games themselves. only Arod has that abilitiy. we are an average to below average offensive team, a horrendous defensive team, with a HOF QB.       this is also why we have not WON a Super Bowl in years.   when playing elite teams,  even arod can' overcome the lack of talent on all 3 levels

Edited on 11/20/17 7:00 PM
Post Your Comment
11/20/17 @ 6:45 PM
goons den
goons den
USER since 12/30/04

The Queens win because they have an elite defense.  The Packers DO NOT.

Post Your Comment
11/20/17 @ 6:35 PM
Drahts
Drahts
USER since 9/8/17

How many WR's have caught more touchdowns than Jordy in the last few years?  And that's WITH him missing a year with the ACL.  He's a touchdown and chain moving machine, and every team would love to have him. 

12 is special, but give this team a game manager QB and we win games.

Post Your Comment
11/20/17 @ 6:13 PM
murman
murman
USER since 11/4/08

What these last week's have proven is that this team can't win a game without a superior quarterback 

Post Your Comment
11/20/17 @ 6:09 PM
olswampdog
olswampdog
USER since 10/6/04

I knew it was a once in a lifetime total agreement with Vegas. I'll admit I didn't see a minute of the game but from what's being said on here it sounds like Hundley couldn't go through his progression, didn't see open receivers, and missed the ones that were open. How many times was Nelson targeted? How many times was he open and not seen? How many times was he thrown to and the ball thrown poorly. I'll say this, going from having complete none verbal communication with a HOF quarterback to having a QB that can't find you or hit you would be trying to say the least. In Nelson's defense, he pretty much looks hang dog unless he catches a touchdown so going by his expression is kinda worthless. I'll agree that with Rogers he's a potential 1000 yard receiver and with Hundley probably 500 but think about it. Really. Has Adams become the primary receiver? I'd say sure Nelson has probably lost a step but he was the NFL CPOY last year.

Post Your Comment
11/20/17 @ 3:56 PM
USAbrams1991
USAbrams1991
USER since 2/13/17

Aaron Jones received a citation for having some Hippie Lettuce in his vehicle when he was pulled over in early October.  Can't any of these dummies keep the sh@t in their own apartment or house.

He was pulled over for speeding, 79-55, and was found to be impaired, so the police took him to a hospital for a blood draw. No drugs or paraphernalia were found in his car.

"Jones, 22, has pleaded not guilty to counts of speeding, driving without a valid license and operating a vehicle with a controlled substance in his system, according to Wisconsin court records."

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 53,916 Posts