Good Wine

4/17/17 @ 7:39 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07

I really enjoy a good beer, but the last few years I've been drinking more and more red wine.  Heart healthy, and all around better for you than beer. 

For the most part I enjoy a dark, dry, red wine.  That said, King Estate from Oregon has the best Pinot Noir I've had to date.  Anyone else have any favorites?  Dave, I know you can add to the list!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 21 to 30 of 670 Posts
9/9/18 @ 12:16 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
USER since 12/9/08
Thanks for that post Plmlk.  Interesting to read those comments.  It was a good wine and I would buy another bottle.

Post Your Comment
9/9/18 @ 10:34 AM
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07

Looks yummy SM!

Post Your Comment
9/8/18 @ 10:31 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
USER since 12/9/08
Finishing up the last of this Spanish red my daughter picked up while in Spain.

Post Your Comment
9/5/18 @ 7:34 PM
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07

I don’t recall any wines I’ve had that were grown in Texas SS -  sounds interesting though! 

Post Your Comment
9/5/18 @ 7:01 PM
split shot
split shot
USER since 6/19/01

Have any of you Wine Connoisseurs had, or even heard of Wine from Texas? The reason I ask is that I recently drove between Austin and Fredericksburg with Mrs. split shot. There was signage for Vintners, Cellars, and Wineries every couple miles, many advertising free tasting. The last time I was through that area was about 14 years ago.

I don’t recall a single vineyard back in 2004.

Isn’t central Texas a really bad environment to grow grapes? Apparently not given the number of businesses over there.

Post Your Comment
9/3/18 @ 5:28 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
USER since 12/9/08
Just trying to keep up to the super wine palates of Plmlk and FH.  By comparison, I am still in vino kindergarten   lol.

Post Your Comment
9/3/18 @ 5:08 PM
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07

Your wine palette is becoming more advanced SM! 

Definitely a different finish between the two! 

Post Your Comment
9/3/18 @ 4:26 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
USER since 12/9/08
Got some L39 to finish tonight and then the rest of the red from France.  Totally different taste, finish, etc between the 2. 

Post Your Comment
9/3/18 @ 3:01 PM
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07

Stopped by the liquor store, and they had Kendall Jackson cab  on clearance for 6.99, it’s an $18 bottle. They only had two bottles, I bought them both-wish I would’ve known earlier, that’s a great deal.

Post Your Comment
9/2/18 @ 6:02 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸

I guess the Canadian rehab is not the way to go 

Go American with the BFC

The original not the charters

Post Your Comment
Displaying 21 to 30 of 670 Posts