Good Wine

4/17/17 @ 7:39 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07

I really enjoy a good beer, but the last few years I've been drinking more and more red wine.  Heart healthy, and all around better for you than beer. 

For the most part I enjoy a dark, dry, red wine.  That said, King Estate from Oregon has the best Pinot Noir I've had to date.  Anyone else have any favorites?  Dave, I know you can add to the list!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 20 to 29 of 673 Posts
9/16/18 @ 5:07 PM
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07

Definitely a nice red.  

Enjoying a bottle of Merlot with my wife on the back deck after a stressful Packer game!   I’m betting FH is doing the same LOL 

Edited on 9/16/18 5:10 PM
Post Your Comment
9/16/18 @ 11:45 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
Those bottles are marked estate only sold sometimes first pressed numbered

Post Your Comment
9/16/18 @ 11:42 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸

If you're lucky you might have gone what's called first pressed wine

So mostly directly from the winery itself

Pressing the grapes gently sow the seeds stems and leaves are not affected in the juice that creates wine

after that they press the hell out of it and get every stinking piece of juice that can in the seeds and stems put a byproduct into the wine

Post Your Comment
9/16/18 @ 11:00 AM
Bozo
Bozo
USER since 7/29/02

About a year ago I was introduced to a Cabernet from Jesup cellars by my wifes  cousin. She buys her wines by the case direct from the vineyards in California. And I found that you can't find Jesup in the stores.

I really like the wine,so when we were invited to a local wine tasting hosted by my wifes cousin we went.  They had wine only from Jesup and you would have to order and pay for shipping. They also had a wine club. Anyone else have experience with any thing like this? We did buy 5 bottles going in with the cousins order. The wine was good but not cheap. Any thoughts.

Post Your Comment
9/9/18 @ 12:16 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
USER since 12/9/08
Thanks for that post Plmlk.  Interesting to read those comments.  It was a good wine and I would buy another bottle.

Post Your Comment
9/9/18 @ 10:34 AM
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07

Looks yummy SM!

Post Your Comment
9/8/18 @ 10:31 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
USER since 12/9/08
Finishing up the last of this Spanish red my daughter picked up while in Spain.

Post Your Comment
9/5/18 @ 7:34 PM
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07

I don’t recall any wines I’ve had that were grown in Texas SS -  sounds interesting though! 

Post Your Comment
9/5/18 @ 7:01 PM
split shot
split shot
USER since 6/19/01

Have any of you Wine Connoisseurs had, or even heard of Wine from Texas? The reason I ask is that I recently drove between Austin and Fredericksburg with Mrs. split shot. There was signage for Vintners, Cellars, and Wineries every couple miles, many advertising free tasting. The last time I was through that area was about 14 years ago.

I don’t recall a single vineyard back in 2004.

Isn’t central Texas a really bad environment to grow grapes? Apparently not given the number of businesses over there.

Post Your Comment
9/3/18 @ 5:28 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
USER since 12/9/08
Just trying to keep up to the super wine palates of Plmlk and FH.  By comparison, I am still in vino kindergarten   lol.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 20 to 29 of 673 Posts