Good Wine

4/17/17 @ 6:39 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07

I really enjoy a good beer, but the last few years I've been drinking more and more red wine.  Heart healthy, and all around better for you than beer. 

For the most part I enjoy a dark, dry, red wine.  That said, King Estate from Oregon has the best Pinot Noir I've had to date.  Anyone else have any favorites?  Dave, I know you can add to the list!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 11 to 20 of 737 Posts
12/7/18 @ 9:09 PM
the_dude
the_dude
USER since 1/10/03

Enjoying my third glass of Menage a Trois.  Unfortunately I’m drinking alone.  Had boxes of 6 bottles  at Costco for $39.99.  While it may not be the best wine ever, if you know of one better for under $7/bottle I’m all ears.

Post Your Comment
12/4/18 @ 8:09 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
USER since 12/9/08

Plmlk,

Yes, I tried the Blue Label Coppola.  I do like it. 

To be truthful....of the 3 recent bottles I posted (Door County, Coppola Blue Label, and Les Ormeaux), I liked the Door County "Witches Brew" the best. 

Post Your Comment
12/4/18 @ 7:38 PM
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07

Have you tried the Blue Label Merlot?  Very interested in your opinion.  I really like it!  

Post Your Comment
12/4/18 @ 7:31 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
USER since 12/9/08

The bottle below (Les Ormeaux) was carried back from France by my BIL returning from a business trip.  It is not to my liking as much as the 2 previous ones I posted (Coppola and Door County)..

Post Your Comment
12/3/18 @ 10:34 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
USER since 12/9/08
The bottle on the left is a Door County Winery product that was on "clearance" at the grocery store for $6/bottle.  The stuff is actually pretty good....I like it.

I have not tried the Coppola blue label merlot yet....maybe tomorrow

Post Your Comment
12/3/18 @ 11:44 AM
X-Ray
X-Ray
USER since 3/30/15
dozing off in my recliner while watching the game.  I think I was responsible for 2/3 of that bottle the night before...........

Post Your Comment
12/2/18 @ 9:15 PM
Ursela2
Ursela2
USER since 5/8/07

Why was X -ray not there today?

Post Your Comment
12/2/18 @ 8:50 PM
X-Ray
X-Ray
USER since 3/30/15
hmmmmm......

Post Your Comment
12/2/18 @ 8:44 PM
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07

Not looking to get into a whose Johnson is longer convo Xray.

Everyone’s palette is a bit different, so there isn’t a right or wrong answer.

I’ve tried your vino before, and it didn’t strike me as bold, thought it was actually quite smooth.  

For what it is worth, here is a review of 1,500 tasters... 

At any rate, we both can agree - a very nice red...

Post Your Comment
12/2/18 @ 7:39 PM
X-Ray
X-Ray
USER since 3/30/15

Regressed you may have.  More training you need.

100% malbecs are not light bodied.  Poor examples or blends may be medium bodied.  Many cali reds that use it in a blend fit that bill.  Many Bordeaux reds use it and fit the medium bodied category.  This specific example is full bodied and if you can handle malbec flavor profile, a stunner.  Malbec is not for everyone.  Not nearly is friendly as merlot.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 11 to 20 of 737 Posts