Good Wine

4/17/17 @ 7:39 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07

I really enjoy a good beer, but the last few years I've been drinking more and more red wine.  Heart healthy, and all around better for you than beer. 

For the most part I enjoy a dark, dry, red wine.  That said, King Estate from Oregon has the best Pinot Noir I've had to date.  Anyone else have any favorites?  Dave, I know you can add to the list!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 571 Posts
6/23/18 @ 8:49 PM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸

No Canada wine on the  list?

Post Your Comment
6/23/18 @ 8:01 PM
fishhook
fishhook
USER since 9/16/01

Some of this weeks vino tastings

Post Your Comment
6/23/18 @ 7:12 PM
fishhook
fishhook
USER since 9/16/01

Tonight's vino taste is a 2014 Avalon Cabernet Sauvignon 

Post Your Comment
6/20/18 @ 11:32 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸

I tried Bota Box Malbec and liked it..

Post Your Comment
6/20/18 @ 9:59 AM
BucketMouth123
BucketMouth123
USER since 5/6/16

I recently had "Black Box" and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. It was also nicely priced at 20 bucks and had about 4 bottles worth in it. We brought it to a cooking class and shared with friends and they also liked it. I would recommend.

We had the Cab Sauv

Post Your Comment
6/19/18 @ 9:36 PM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸

Whats the best box wine?

Edited on 6/19/18 9:48 PM
Post Your Comment
6/12/18 @ 8:55 AM
BucketMouth123
BucketMouth123
USER since 5/6/16

Is the wine trail in Door County any good? I have done Traverse City twice with the gf and she loves the scenery and tours but she is a red drinker and the region is better at doing whites. Not to say they don't have any decent reds and whites are better than average. But I would think that they are fairly same climates and growing seasons so is it more predominantly whites? Are the reds lighter than normal like Traverse City? I would like to take the girl there but I don't want to let her down on wine. Oh ya and she hates sweet wine.

If anyone hasn't been to Traverse City and loves wine I would recommend it. The good wineries are very educational. The scenery is absolutely fantastic. The restaurants are top notch. 

Post Your Comment
6/11/18 @ 10:03 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

Huh....

Post Your Comment
6/11/18 @ 9:54 PM
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07

Don’t worry about that SM - we have all the bases covered!

I was just on the bourbon thread and had to get back into my comfort zone (good wine!)

Had a long day and just uncorked a bottle of L39 Merlot.  

Post Your Comment
6/11/18 @ 9:37 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
USER since 12/9/08

FH,

Just finishing up that bottle of Door County Blackberry Merlot.  Gotta admit, it's pretty good.

Remember to make sure you and Plmlk keep up your Oenophile studies this coming week. 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 571 Posts