GM shortens warranties on new vehicles

3/12/15 @ 11:48 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Big-Fish-R
Big-Fish-R
USER since 4/9/08
http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/gm-to-cut-chevy-gmc-powertrain-warranty-to-60k-miles/ar-AA9GTbM?ocid=TSHDHP Wouldn't let me do a web link.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 21 Posts
3/20/15 @ 7:00 PM
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
USER since 2/15/10
ill stick with gm 400,000 miles on my 02 silverado and i pulled my buddies ecojunk back to the dealership with a blown headgasket with it. original motor and trans

Post Your Comment
3/20/15 @ 6:19 PM
Ursela2
Ursela2
USER since 5/8/07
GM guy here for a long time, also love Fords, never a dodge fan but never owned one either. Next one won't be a GM, but I guarantee the company will be able to pronounce there "L"'s! Ok, ford next,

Post Your Comment
3/20/15 @ 5:10 PM
Badgerloader
Badgerloader
USER since 4/10/11
BigGer: you are saying they were too big to fail.....

Post Your Comment
3/20/15 @ 4:14 PM
fishfillet
fishfillet
USER since 1/8/13
GM truck here.. Tundra next.

Post Your Comment
3/20/15 @ 4:11 PM
crawdaddy
crawdaddy
USER since 7/11/01
Lot of assumptions there big400. How do you know allowing them to go through bankruptcy wouldn't have been better than the bailout? Would have forced them to fix their problems or truly go out of business. If the demand is there, other companies would quickly fill the void.

Post Your Comment
3/20/15 @ 10:40 AM
Big-Fish-R
Big-Fish-R
USER since 4/9/08
The $10 trillion lost was due to corruption and no one was held responsible. Some of the worst offenders were rewarded. GM is vital to the economy. However, they received a bailout for failure. It should have been a loan instead.

Post Your Comment
3/20/15 @ 7:35 AM
eyesman
eyesman
USER since 1/7/02
Keep in mind when GM was about to go insolvent and got it's first $4 billion loan they burned through it in a few months. GM then received in excess of $40 billion in bail-out. At this time GM's CEO went on TV with an ad pounding his chest on how GM was the greatest of all and had paid back their loan, paid back yes but not with earned $$ but more taxpayer $$. That ad lasted less than a week once it was exposed as a deception. With the bail-out the Gov't had oversight on the financial decisions of GM. On several occasions the oversight board denied bonuses to the executives. Hard to see why those responsible for the failure of GM should still get a bonus. Should of taken a pay cut to remain employed. The bail-out was secured by GM stock and when the Gov't sold it off they received back less than 25 cents on a dollar of the value it secured leaving the taxpayer to foot the bill for the other 75% of the bail-out.

Post Your Comment
3/19/15 @ 10:10 PM
crawdaddy
crawdaddy
USER since 7/11/01
Right. That is why I said about. Can someone explain how that is the same as paying back the taxoayers?

Post Your Comment
3/19/15 @ 7:38 PM
Owtdorsmn
Owtdorsmn
USER since 2/12/02
crawdaddy............I think the number is 11 BILLION...........but hey, whats a billion dollars. LOL Honey, I lost 10 billion in Vegas.....She says " Well at least it wasn't 11 Billion. Wondering

Post Your Comment
3/19/15 @ 7:16 PM
crawdaddy
crawdaddy
USER since 7/11/01
Ford did not take bailout money, though they did get some money from another credit line. GM did pay back, sort of. That deal ended up costing about 10 billion due to the drop in stock price.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 21 Posts