Global cooling

4/2/18 @ 6:44 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Big_Shane
Big_Shane
USER since 3/26/15

All scientists and researchers mutually agree that the earth has been cooling at a faster pace this century than it ever has before.  My water heater is turned all the way up and as soon as I dipped my toe in the tub it turned to ice. Yeah that’s how fast things are cooling. This is no joke and if you want to laugh at me go right ahead. 

Thoreau~  “What is the use of a house if you haven’t got a tolerable planet to put it on?”

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 413 Posts
TODAY @ 11:24 AM
X-Ray
X-Ray
USER since 3/30/15

Snake,

I offer a different (conspiracy) theory.  Within each ice age, there are glacial (cold) and interglacial (warm) periods.  Antecessor, heidelbergensis, neanderthalensis, denisova, sapiens, etc were a very tolerant bunch (i.e. not conservative) back in the day.   During the glacial periods, there was housing shortage (caves got crowded).  During interglacial periods, it was woodstock and free love.  They wanted to be outside and partying.  Marijuana was legal back then.  Just like today when we have  the big snow storms and the power goes out we have a mini baby boom 9 months later.  Climate change was an enabler for, ahem, assimilation in a biblical sense.  This (conspiracy) theory also explains sasquatchensis.  Over time intolerance formed.  The general trend was to not assimilate with something really big and hairy (can't say I blame them).  They became outcasts living in the forest while the rest of the gang moved away from hunting and gathering.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 6:45 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

Great post Shane!!!!! FYI: We all know that any study will bring a conclusion that agrees with the money path. Now that’s simple math. Global cooling is real!!!! 

Never heard any comments on Climate Change that killed human species before Neanderthal. Did they have boat motors? Aliens may have gave them the technology? I seen it on TV!!!! 

Post Your Comment
10/16/18 @ 10:06 PM
Big_Shane
Big_Shane
USER since 3/26/15

I brought this thread into this world and I can take it out. Knock it off you guys.  Take it to the warmie thread. 

I’m currently preparing notes for my next global cooling presentation at a prison in Iowa. Have a nice day. 

Post Your Comment
10/16/18 @ 9:13 PM
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07

RC-

Unbiased organizations with no agenda that only speak the truth-like Politifact is to politics.  

Sources like this are where you should get your information. Why can’t you grasp this?  

You must be one of those guys clinging to his religion and guns and driving a Suburban. 

Edited on 10/16/18 9:13 PM
Post Your Comment
10/16/18 @ 9:08 PM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12

Well if that scientific knowledge is going to help you lower your carbon output, more power to you. We all need more people leading by example.  

Post Your Comment
10/16/18 @ 8:43 PM
madforlabs
madforlabs
USER since 12/20/12

RC,  the study referenced "lack of knowledge". No mention of stupidity. Those are your words.

As you surely know, there is a ton of information "out there" relative to this topic. What I try to do is try to find data originating from sources that (to the best of my knowledge) lack agenda or motive to skew or manipulate data. My conclusions are that climate change is indisputable. Man's impact on this change is a more debatable topic, but again, I've formed some opinions. These opinions could change. I'm open to new information...

Post Your Comment
10/16/18 @ 8:14 PM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12

some of you need to go back in time and wathch the movie Forest Gump ya know the part where he say Stupid is as Stupid Does.

So like the lesson in that movie is if you think the smart scientific thing is to believe in anthropegenic global warming and you are smart enough to know that only stupid people dont believe in AGW but then you go ahead and buy all kinds of toys and machines and engage in non-essential recreation activities that deliver carbon output and you self assertively live the high output first world well civilized lifestyle like Al Gore does as well as the other believers in AGW.................what would Forest Gump say about that? 

Do you need an uneducated guy to spell it out for youses?

Edited on 10/16/18 8:34 PM
Post Your Comment
10/16/18 @ 7:52 PM
madforlabs
madforlabs
USER since 12/20/12

And I appreciate the levity Mr. Wicasa!

Post Your Comment
10/16/18 @ 7:44 PM
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07

BTW DD, this thread is supposed to be light hearted, don’t take yourself so seriously.  

You should try to be more like Manni, he’s a funny guy who keeps things light whether he agrees with you or not...

Post Your Comment
10/16/18 @ 7:41 PM
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07

Could also be those middle aged Caucasian guys clinging to their religion and guns DD... 

Don’t count them out - they know nothing about science or scientific things!  

They are likely uneducated (or at the very least under educated) coolies!  

Life would be so much simpler if they just subscribed to the undisputed truth of global warming, I mean global cooling, err, I mean climate change in general...

Edited on 10/16/18 7:45 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 413 Posts