Global cooling

4/2/18 @ 5:44 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Big_Shane
Big_Shane
USER since 3/26/15

All scientists and researchers mutually agree that the earth has been cooling at a faster pace this century than it ever has before.  My water heater is turned all the way up and as soon as I dipped my toe in the tub it turned to ice. Yeah that’s how fast things are cooling. This is no joke and if you want to laugh at me go right ahead. 

Thoreau~  “What is the use of a house if you haven’t got a tolerable planet to put it on?”

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 653 Posts
1/12/19 @ 10:57 PM
ifishwi
ifishwi
USER since 1/12/05

Based on X-Ray's blurb, the only part that makes sense to me is "shotgunned a couple vials of Colorado CBD". Ha.

Post Your Comment
1/12/19 @ 10:48 PM
X-Ray
X-Ray
USER since 3/30/15

Well RC, I went into the yurt to think about it.  Fired up some coffee for myself and Hammy.  Lit some incense and shotgunned a couple vials of CBD oil (this is Colorado CBD, not this lame Wi stuff).  Gave Hammy some coffee so that he would have energy to run my old 50" plasma and router.  Sat down and watched Solo: A Star Wars Story on Netflix (holy crap Solo and Avengers:Infinity War are on Netflix).  Rogue One and Solo are both better movies than episodes 7 or 8.  Come on, Leia can't use the force once she gets blown out into space. 

After Han made the kessel run in 12 parsecs, it dawned on me.  Jet contrails are a warmies best friend.  Not only do those pesky jets add CO2, but the Jet contrails are cirrus clouds full of moisture that trap long wave radiation.  End result: warmanation of the planet...............

Post Your Comment
1/12/19 @ 9:49 PM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12

Interesting thought there Utahman. Where is the science on that?  Maybe Xray will come up with some objective info for us. Does jet exhaust in the upper altitude have enhanced effect on climate change? 

Related - It was observed and noted by some people that in the days following 9-11 with all the jets grounded the air was much more blue in color for lack of condensation.

Post Your Comment
1/12/19 @ 9:25 PM
jcc
jcc
USER since 4/6/14

PMLK you always have to go north for snow Really hasn't snowed for 5 Winters here SE Wisconsin.Wasn't like that in 1960'-1980's.

Post Your Comment
1/12/19 @ 8:39 PM
mr.grumpy
mr.grumpy
USER since 11/6/18

.....no gravity you would float  away

Post Your Comment
1/12/19 @ 8:28 PM
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07

Mr.G,

If the poles switch does gravity stop working? Would think Pooh would still flow downhill...

Jcc, plenty of good trails around, you just have to goto northern Wisconsin...

Post Your Comment
1/12/19 @ 8:21 PM
mr.grumpy
mr.grumpy
USER since 11/6/18

According to the Australian news site news.com.au, a magnetic flip would not only cause massive blackouts, "even flushing the toilet could become impossible."

Post Your Comment
1/12/19 @ 8:15 PM
1/12/19 @ 7:57 PM
jcc
jcc
USER since 4/6/14

Some guy on internet said the pole shifting is throwing the jet stream out of whack.Thank god it was cold in November and early December.Otherwise there would be no ice fishing.Glad I sold snowmobile and cross country ski's.This winter stinks.

Post Your Comment
1/12/19 @ 7:31 PM
utahman
utahman
USER since 3/9/03

Get all those Jets OUT of the jet stream. it seems like there should be a big issue with this, but nobody will address it because it's such a large industry that the world can't live without. Everyone turns a blind eye. Weather its global cooling or "climate change'' Why doesn't anyone address this issue ? I am no means a scientist. All you brains out there fill me in. there has to be a huge amount of pollution hanging in our some what " upper" atmosphere.

Edited on 1/12/19 7:41 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 653 Posts