Gander Mountain Germantown

2/3/16 @ 5:42 PM
ORIGINAL POST
pew.hunter
pew.hunter
USER since 9/18/02
I go into Gander Mountain Germantown today to look around. I looked at 4 articles of clothing just to find out that they are charging MORE than suggested retail on 2 of them. I placed on hand on my wallet and quickly made my way out of the store before I was charged a fee for looking at the merchandise. WTF? Will never be back.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 25 Posts
4/6/17 @ 1:38 PM
USAbrams1991
USAbrams1991
USER since 2/13/17

Where's the part where you state that the merchandise you were looking at is marked down 10-20%, thus the tag values you posted aren't even what they're being sold for?

Post Your Comment
4/4/17 @ 1:09 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
MEMBER since 6/22/01
Kohls can afford to sell a couple of tshirts at 30% off the 70% off price because they sold several at full price, or at least above cost.  So for the overall inventory of, say 30 shirts, they can afford to sell 1 or 2 at below cost.  WalMart is the king of doing this, but Kohls is a close second, I bet. I don't buy anything at Kohls until it hits the clearance isles, and that's mostly just the shirts.

Post Your Comment
4/4/17 @ 12:43 PM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12

cds, you  notice that too. Goodwill Store has new stuff marked higher than most other stores. They believe there is a sucker born every minute.

Post Your Comment
4/4/17 @ 12:40 PM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12

HaHa Vegas. Welcome to womans world.  Me wife says the same thing

"look at all the deals I get"!!.

Post Your Comment
4/4/17 @ 11:51 AM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01

He did say he went the day the ad came out. My question would be will they give a rain check....?

Post Your Comment
4/4/17 @ 11:46 AM
'da Coach
'da Coach
USER since 12/23/08

Hunter, 

Enough said? About what? That Gander advertised a $700 Chartplotter/Fishfinder Combo for half that price, minus another $150, and they were sold out within a 250 mile radius?

And that has you shocked and outraged?  You're kidding, right? 

Post Your Comment
4/4/17 @ 11:32 AM
hunter53089
hunter53089
USER since 6/28/02

Gotta love Gander Mountain's Hot Buy ad: Hummingbird 698ci HD SI Chartplotter/Fishfinder Combo $349.98 with $150 rebate in store only. Went to Waukesha store day the ad came out and none in stock. Don't know when any will come in. Checked online for stores within 250 miles and none of the stores had any in stock. Been checking every day since and still currently not in stock. What a joke and come on. Enough said.

Post Your Comment
2/6/16 @ 10:13 AM
Robbollio
Robbollio
USER since 10/17/04
I used to be management at sports authority on 76th. Horrible place to work fyi. I got everything at 10% over cost. A $150 north face I could get for $40. Its ridiculous. I only buy stuff on clearance racks now. My gander hoodie I got last week was $20 clearance. Same material as any Under Armor hoodie you can buy at any sport store. CDS is right. Most of the places are clothing and shoe stores with actual fishing, hunting, baseball, tennis, etc, on the side... Wal-Mart works for me most of the time. I got more important things to spend my money on then more clothes. Rods, lures, boat launch fees, gas...

Post Your Comment
2/5/16 @ 10:02 AM
DuckSlayin88
DuckSlayin88
USER since 9/13/11
Marketing at its finest! Know your audience, haha

Post Your Comment
2/5/16 @ 9:10 AM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03
So, you can't make this stuff up....

I got home last night and started cooking dinner for my wife. Spaghetti, garlic bread, wine...the whole nine yards. I'm 2/3 of the way through the process when she comes through the door with bags in hand....from Kohls.

She is very happy and quite excited. Tells me that she saved over $150 at Kohls over her lunch. Bought some shoes. Only cost her $25!

Granted the cost was low...but man, the timing was just ironic. I could hardly keep from laughing as she was telling me about her shopping trip.

And of course it went down like this..."shoes were 30% off already, then I used a 25% coupon, AND they honored my $20 of Kohls Cash, because I asked if they would."

Kohls really has it figured out!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 25 Posts