MORE
General Discussion

Furnace, pressure tank, water heater and a basketball

1/20/19 @ 6:14 PM
INITIAL POST
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

With it being so cold outside, my son would like to work on his basketball dribbling in the basement. So I’ve kind of cleared out an area. Admittedly, I know very little about any safety issues if the ball would bang into any of the following three: furnace, pressure tank, and water heater...,.Anything to be concerned about or parts that are easily vulnerable to damage or a safety issue? He’s a good dribbler, but you know, things happen…thanks!!

Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 posts
1/21/19 @ 11:24 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Sent a PM,  12 pack. 

1/21/19 @ 12:06 AM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Thank you for the helpful feedback and suggestions guys. Seriously, I do appreciate it as I don’t know much about this stuff! 

1/20/19 @ 11:43 PM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

Could string up a couple tarps with bungees... easy up/down

1/20/19 @ 11:36 PM
Prop
Prop
User since 4/9/03

who's the point guard and who's the big man?

1/20/19 @ 11:28 PM
wiscoarborist
User since 11/6/18

Interesting name for a topic

1/20/19 @ 11:23 PM
Prop
Prop
User since 4/9/03

Get a couple sheets of 1/4" plywood and box in the water heater and pump. 

1/20/19 @ 6:34 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07

Wouldn’t worry about the furnace too much, as all the pieces and parts are inside the service door.  

The pressure tank has some vulnerable parts, as a well placed basketball could knock the pressure gauge and or pressure switch and cause a leak.  

In regards to the water heater, a well placed ball wouldn’t do the gas valve any favors, and could knock the dial off the face. 

Don’t think the above is likely, but does have some potential to give you some grief.  

1/20/19 @ 6:33 PM
brews4995
brews4995
User since 4/2/10

Everything can go wrong there.  First temp control on water heater, especially since its gas, don't want to break that. Pressure gauge on tank, switch is in the gray cover by gauge, break that and your screwed, plastic drain line on furnace.  Take him to the Y, it will be cheaper in the long run.

Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE