Fleet Farm next on chopping block

11/12/15 @ 7:40 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Owtdorsmn
Owtdorsmn
MEMBER since 2/12/02
Fleet Farm may be on the way out..........or at least another owner.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 50 Posts
12/8/16 @ 4:23 PM
lildipper
lildipper
USER since 8/17/16

KKR bought out Fleet Farm...

David Petraeus, selected to serve as chairman of the newly formed KKR Global Institute (2013—present)[150]

Post Your Comment
12/7/16 @ 3:59 PM
Lundguy2
Lundguy2
USER since 4/22/15
Fleet was a Huldra dealer...not sure if that's spelled right...I don't see it in the flyers or online, I haven't been in the store for a bit, did they dump them??

Post Your Comment
11/6/16 @ 6:42 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01

The GB East Fleet Farm had its grand reopening on Saturday.  They now sell beer in the grocery dept, chew behind the service desk and, as always, guns and ammo in the sporting goods dept. My dream of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms being a convinience store rather than a Gov't Agency is coming true!

Post Your Comment
10/4/16 @ 9:25 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01

I hadn't been to Fleet Farm in a while which is a pretty odd thing for me.  I had been seeing some changes around mid-summer but wow has a lot changed since I had been there last.  The GB East location has had some changes to the locations of certain departments.  Nothing drastic but when I looked for some windshield wipers, they were quite a ways from where they used to be.  The Sporting Goods department is still in the same location but a lot of it has been reorganized.  I like how the smoker/grilling/seasoning area has been consolidated to one location.  Took me a while to find a hook sharpener and the guy I asked for assistance was a little confused as to where to find one as well.  He got frustrated and said, "they're changing everything around on us!"  I'm sure it'll be for the best.  It's just change.  Where I work, if you're adverse to change, you're better off finding another place to work.

The biggest thing that I saw was the tobacco stand behind customer service.  I remember buying a can of chew in the gas mart a few years ago and paying a buck or two more than anywhere else.  I heard that the Mills family had priced alcohol and tobacco high because of their beliefs.  Not sure if that's true but the new owners have no issues with selling butts and chew.

Hopefully the new owners will find a way to keep .22 ammo in stock.

Edit: I was just there at lunch.  An employee told me that they're reconfiguring the store to make room for a grocery section.  If they put in taps and a lounge area, I may never leave.

Edited on 10/4/16 1:35 PM
Post Your Comment
8/24/16 @ 11:34 AM
lazyfishr
lazyfishr
USER since 5/29/06

By far, the biggest and best change I have seen so far, is opening the store at 7am.  It was long over due. 

Post Your Comment
8/24/16 @ 8:19 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER since 7/20/09

I stopped in the Wausau one yesterday, had not been there for a while.  I saw a cigarette stand there too, I was wondering to myself how long that had been there.  Can't miss that thing, felt like I was at a gas station for a minute.

Post Your Comment
8/24/16 @ 7:29 AM
kyl_me
kyl_me
USER since 7/21/08

Anyone seeing any changes at fleet since the sale? Only two things I have seen: coupons being put in bag at checkout, not just the gas coupon (maybe this is not new, but I do not recall it). The other is a big awkward looking cigarette stand behind customer service (Germantown). That thing looks out of place, but I am sure they move some product.

Post Your Comment
4/20/16 @ 4:28 PM
ere
ere
USER since 2/22/07
I wonder now that Fleet is under new ownership, and they want to 'grow'. If they will expand to southern wisconsin. Hoping.

Post Your Comment
4/12/16 @ 7:38 PM
sassy 1
sassy 1
USER since 8/25/09
Germantown fleet is good size, west bend is so small i avoid going there

Post Your Comment
4/12/16 @ 4:02 PM
lazyfishr
lazyfishr
USER since 5/29/06
What's the deal with the Germantown and West Bend stores? Just small? In the fliers there are a lot of items that are not available at those stores.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 50 Posts